Non-non-item nerf thread

And when you factor in nurfs, and changes in fights that make them so ridiculous to win its no longer fun. Changing the watchers hp on Custo from like 25-40k to over 400k was stupid, this means that when someone lags out on this fight, Its a complete wipe. Nothing you can do about it. At least before people had a chance to correct someone mistake and keep it going.

Did you ever even try to talk to a dev about this??? 2 Minutes ago:

<eyate> Changing the watchers hp on Custo from like 25-40k to over 400k was stupid
<eyate> Hahahah hold o nwhat
<kise> when i switched to vexiz i was so happy i could carry whatever and have any bag i wanted
<eyate> did this actually happen did exodus
<eyate> actually kill the watchers
<eyate> when they fucked up
<slaariel> people were exping off them
<slaariel> because they were low hp
<slaariel> not joking
<eyate> hahahaa i thought about doing that
<eyate> are they the same ones you spawn near taeshlin
<eyate> i mean it is kind of lame if you get one of them on custodian now i guess but whatever
<eyate> those eyes are really easy t avoid
<Waldoff> people were exping on watchers
<Waldoff> because they are bad people
<Waldoff> so they were changed
<eyate> i mean thats kind of a huge change to the fight
<Waldoff> they actually werent bad people they reported it like good people and got fame for not being bad people
<eyate> people were fighting the ones near taeshlin right
<eyate> now the ones on custo
<eyate> not*
<Waldoff> I did not realiz that marza reused the same npc
<Waldoff> can be fixed if it was not intentional
<Waldoff> I know but I figured that he used a separate npc
<Waldoff> thats sort of common practice
<Waldoff> I shall fix thing!
<Waldoff> tonight

But then again how can a grp of people keep the same drive to play a game that they have no idea if all of there work they put into building there toon is going to be the same from one day to the next without any warning, Chance to defend it or anything whatso ever

One frustration is trying to understand the existing game balance, build a raid force in context of that balance, only to find the balancing gets changed about the time you get up to speed with the previous rules. And then having to rebuild the raid force around the new rules.

Also you act as if devs are only here to make the game less fun for everyone and have never done anything good. Shadowknight was arguably the worst class in the game before the revamp to aggro. Your whole existence was to farm first ruins and be useless the moment two mobs looked at you. It was also like playing DDR with your fingers for hours on end and beyond terrible. thanks devs

Malicre I think you would be doing everyone a favor (including and especially yourself), if you would just stop posting. I mean, we get it, you are halfway out the door and extremely jaded for reasons that you feel very strongly about, most of the general populace just happens to disagree. That stuff happens, stop posting, reflect on the good times you had and move on.

Is healer / caster haste capped at 50% total? haste item , haste spell (yaulp 6 , goe , etc) and bard song. If so I think I might ditch the confine of the stream heh since its minus mana.

Is healer / caster haste capped at 50% total? haste item , haste spell (yaulp 6 , goe , etc) and bard song. If so I think I might ditch the confine of the stream heh since its minus mana.

Just the haste on the item was changed. Item haste "stacks" with spell haste just like it always had.

Also confine no linger has -200 mana on it.

having to back gear is always a problem but if people arn't going to play long enough to get past new content anyway that is a separate issue.

with all games of this type there is an idea that you are required to rot a lot of loot from an area to be able to do the next thing. this is false.

or maybe if you are so far ahead, back gearing anyone is a real chore and thats why people make alternate characters to play and then the cycle starts and no one gets anywhere.

reflect on the good times you had

et5NE.jpg

Malicre I think you would be doing everyone a favor (including and especially yourself), if you would just stop posting. I mean, we get it, you are halfway out the door and extremely jaded for reasons that you feel very strongly about, most of the general populace just happens to disagree. That stuff happens, stop posting, reflect on the good times you had and move on.

I highly doubt that most of the populace disagrees, its more probable that they are not effected in these changes and really just dont care.

Anyway, rebalancing changes may be good in the greater sense and I can't argue with that.

Demoralizing people in the process is always a concern, however.

This post is not to beat up the devs or supervisory staff. That's my disclaimer. This post is also really long and for that I apologize.

A long, long time ago, I applied to become a dev and my application was accepted. Following a crash course in how to use the developer utilities and cutting my teeth on designing a quest (the now infamous "awful fairy", itself the subject of a nerf or two), the other devs in my class of dev trainees were assigned to populate a very large outdoor zone with quests, mobs, raid mobs and events.

There was a thread in the dev forums for us to coordinate, and we had each other's emails and whatever else. Basically what happened was that we ended up splitting the zone up by quadrants and cool geographical features and then going to work with our ideas, which basically were fleshed out in a couple of lines in a post and then acted upon.

I felt (and I think other devs in my group may have felt the same way) that our mission was hopelessly vague and that feedback was very hard to come by. The dev staff was always available to give us programming pointers, but not much was available in the way of guidelines like "don't make mobs that charm and blind, nobody likes that" or "don't put spell x on item y". Slaariel lurked around to make sure we didn't commit any misconduct offenses. Slaariel you're my bro so don't take this the wrong way ok!

Anyway, after making a really cool event with Rari (who did most of it as I recall and was a pleasure to work with), the magnitude of dealing with a giant zone with no direction between 4 people crushed my hopes of being a dev. Some time later I resigned because I felt like I was adding to a patchwork quilt and not creating some cohesive picture.

As for the real devs, they get less supervision than that. They work in secrecy, even from each other, and generally are so busy that they never check out each others' work. They may not be allowed to, either. Basically, everybody just makes their thing and then you mush it all together in the game world. That's why tomes feel the way they do, and sometimes overpowered mechanics emerge where two worlds of thinking meet. Or why zaela seems so surprised when someone does XYZ to LMNOP.

This is also why rewards differ so greatly between pieces of content. Some devs are stingy with rewards. Others subscribe to the "Monty Haul" DM theory (for those nerds amongst ye who play Dungeons and Dragons). This lack of cohesion makes it so balance in the gameworld is tenuous and basically impossible to achieve.

Add to that the continuous rebalancing threads and differing opinions on how things work and/or should work - that's the formula for the sands of time-dollars falling through the hourglass of nerdfingers.

edit: the final bit that I wanted to add is that none of the content devs actually play the game. They played before, but none of them have time to play and dev. They are also prohibited from doing their own content for a certain period of time after it comes out. Those factors mean that no devs are play-testing their own content or even each others'. In this way, unbalanced items or encounters will never be discovered unless they have been in the wild for a long, long time.

This was my experience as well. Honestly, there is no one to blame for this but the devs themselves. Learn to communicate.

I liked my run speed on my NZ ring, im not at all sad it was taken away. it was just nice to have but whatever. however i am sad that my run speed and my 200hp and idr what else came with it was replaced with ultravision.... i mean could we get something more useful or better on a tier 11-12 super rare item?

I liked my run speed on my NZ ring, im not at all sad it was taken away. it was just nice to have but whatever. however i am sad that my run speed and my 200hp and idr what else came with it was replaced with ultravision.... i mean could we get something more useful or better on a tier 11-12 super rare item?

Errr........................

Pre-Nerf :
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Fingers
AC: 15
Effect: Power of Dreams (Worn)
Skill Mod: Evocation +2
HP: +115 MANA: +215
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Mind Shield: +5%
WT: 0.0 Size: Tiny
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 3: empty

Power of Dreams
Slot 1: Increase Movement by 50%
Slot 2: Increase Max Hit Points by 100
Slot 3: Increase Current Hit Points by 100
Slot 4: Increase DEX by 100
Slot 5: Increase AGI by 100
Slot 6: Ultravision

Current:
Effect: Ultravision (Worn)
DEX: +100 WIS: +5 INT: +5 AGI: +100 HP: +215 (115+100 ) MANA: +215

run speed... im not at all sad it was taken away.... i am sad that my run speed and my...

Increase Movement by 50% was the ONLY thing removed from the item. Infact the item gained 5 wis and 5 int. How are people so bad at this game?

Errr........................

Pre-Nerf :
Effect: Power of Dreams (Worn)
HP: +115 MANA: +215

Power of Dreams
Slot 1: Increase Movement by 50%
Slot 2: Increase Max Hit Points by 100
Slot 3: Increase Current Hit Points by 100
Slot 4: Increase DEX by 100
Slot 5: Increase AGI by 100
Slot 6: Ultravision

Current:
Effect: Ultravision (Worn)
DEX: +100 WIS: +5 INT: +5 AGI: +100 HP: +215 (115+100 ) MANA: +215

Increase Movement by 50% was the ONLY thing removed from the item. Infact the item gained 5 wis and 5 int. How are people so bad at this game?

dont care about those other stats, gimmie acumen! =p

but you';re right for sdome reaosn i was thinking it was 200 hp, and didnt know/care about the other stats?

Back
Top Bottom