Notus of the Wind

jaguarjpsod

I swear officer, she told me she was 15
(Cut & pasted from SoD Discussion section):

Well, I've heard people in /ooc asking "Hey, who is Notus of the Wind?", and then someone will remark "It's a new level 39 max engage adept" and then that's it.

I've been leveling up my Paladin, looking forward to taking a shot at him. I'm optimistic since 39 was a nice upgrade for me in terms of survivability, with a bunch of good spell upgrades. I've got combat experience locked at the end of the level, so all of my pertinent offensive & defensive skills are already maxed. Optionally, I have a 39 Beastlord on another account I could also bring along, at the very least for a buff or two.

If anyone has any interest in taking a shot at him sometime within the next week, I plan on remaining locked long enough to at least try him once. And, if I find out that he has any interesting drops, I may hang out at 39 for a while to try to get some of them.

Please post in this thread so I can get an idea if anyone is interested, thanks.

*** Additionally ***

If anyone who HAS taken him out would like to share some info on the encounter, that would be great. Should I be thinking one group, or more like a couple? Thanks.

adepts are designed as training targets for 65+ raiding. real raiding has 18 man limit, adept has 12. unless youre running a full group of nicely twinked chars (similar to a tier 10 guild doing tier 4content, for example) id recommend you get take advantage of all 12 slots.

Thanks for the tip.

He was up last night, but nobody was intersted. I brought my 65 BST over there to snoop around. There are about 4 air elementals surrounding him (he himself is a larger air elemental). The smaller elementals were dark blue to my 39. I was also able to attack and kill them with the 65. I'm sure that if they were up, they would assist the adept. After I killed the lesser elementals, I waited to see if they would respawn quickly, but they didn't. It seemed like I hung around for almost 10 minutes before camping, and they hadn't yet respawned. However, with that said, I wonder if when an eligible character aggroed Notus, the lesser elementals would automatically spawn.

Maybe tonight I will also get my 39 BST over there just to be ready for a possible attempt. Although at this point, I'm beginning to suspect that I wont be able to assemble 12 toons, even with boxing.

What I will probably do is stay explocked for about a week, trying to get a raid going each evening. After that time, if I can't get enough people, I will just unlock and move on.

The air elementals are on a 30 minute timer, and I do not know if they will auto spawn if Notus is aggroed.

You probably only need about 8 decently geared toons to do the mob, actually. It seems you don't really need the full 12 until you hit the 50+ adepts for sure, maybe a couple in the 40's. Of course, that depends on the gear of the people. If it is all new, un-twinked, players.. then you may need the full 12 after all.
That said, I have a 35Wiz/Enc combo I could help you with.

OK, some of us tried this mob last night...

First run, we had about 10 players in the raid. The 4 air elementals around him that we killed ahead of time did NOT auto-respawn when the adept was aggroed. He's got a gravity-flux AE that seemed trigger frequently, and we didnt have lev. The fall damage beat us down. He's also got a ~75-point AE that briefly stuns. We got him down to like 52% on that try. Pretty good for not knowing anything about him. We also had no Int casters at ALL, so no haste or big nukes or debuffs. Also, at least one of the players, a Ranger, was only level 31, but I wasn't going to refuse anyone when we weren't full. We definitely were NOT all twinked alts.

Second run we picked up a druid, so we had levitate. That saved us from the frequent GFlux AE, but periodically (not sure whether it was timed, or just relative to the mob's health level) he would still do another nasty AE that reported as falling damage, even though we had lev on, and hit us for anywhere from 125 - 790 damage (ouch?). We were full at that point, let me see if I can even remember the classes -

Me tanking, 39 Paladin

A warrior
2 rogues
2 rangers
3 clerics
1 druid
1 or 2 monks, don't recall

I've got it written down at home, but I'm at work, now. So as you can see, we still had no Int casters, no Bard, nor any shaman buffs, AND my LoH was down, to boot. Regardless, we got him down to 17% before the last person was killed. I went down when he was at about 26%.
According to the healers, they were getting hit by the AE's even at max heal range. Oh, and he IS perma-rooted to his spot. I checked, but he never meleed me for more than 111 points a shot.

It was fun, anyway, and several of us are game to try him again tonight, numbers permitting.

Yeah, it was fun. Unfortunate that we couldn't crack that piñata, but as long as we can get enough people tonight I'm sure he will go down.

I also remember getting an error message in the chatbox, although I didn't take a screenshot (boo on me). It was an error saying something about the parentheses ')'. It seemed to happen only a couple of times, possibly triggered by the AoE stun - as I would get 6 or so lines of this error.

I'll /bug & screenshot if I see it again tonight.

Yeah, it was fun. Unfortunate that we couldn't crack that piñata, but as long as we can get enough people tonight I'm sure he will go down.

I also remember getting an error message in the chatbox, although I didn't take a screenshot (boo on me). It was an error saying something about the parentheses ')'. It seemed to happen only a couple of times, possibly triggered by the AoE stun - as I would get 6 or so lines of this error.

I'll /bug & screenshot if I see it again tonight.

Yeah, I saw it too, now that you mention it. I think it had to do with the GFlux effect throwing an error because we had lev on, which would explain why we all only moved up a tiny amount each time. I bet it has something to do with that, because I don't recall seeing that error on the first run.

dr-manhattan_l.jpg

I wonder if he is like some mobs where his AoE isnt a radius but in fact straight foward so if the casters were behind him a bit and in max casting range to the tank.. would it still hit?

I have a 33 druid/ 32 chanter wiling to help and by the time he is up they should both be 35ish.

Well, I don't know if anyone took him down this past weekend, but just look for me if you want to try to get something going. I'll probably be on with Japheth, since Pablito is explocked at the end of 39. I can't even take a break to do any MQ, because if I get any exp it will ding me 40.

Well, my wiz/enc are 36 atm.. actually played them a tad to get them more in rnage for this encounter. debating staying there and having 3 adepts to fight, or just leveling to 39 for this new guy. (Wish I knew what he dropped, lol.)

I'm not sure that anyone has killed him yet, everyone leveled to 55 for Nalia in Freeport. Leveling a mage at the moment, going to level to at least 36 for the other 2 adepts, nice caster gear on redmaw for sure, then I'll hit 39 for Notus. SO I'll be seeing you soon in the Badlands :)

Naov Loreseeker

I've got a warrior, Yubou, xplocked at 36 for this guy, Tarx and Redmaw.

I'm also working on leveling a cleric, Enec, up to box with the war since it's been kind of hard to get something going with just the warrior. I'll be on tonight, hope to get enough people together to try him again.

If you can find me on when someone forms this up:
I can bring my chanter for the run.

Just /who all Bran. That should cover about 60% of the possibilities.

I've seen a few attempts over the past month but I don't think he's been killed yet. Encounter's possibly overtuned but I haven't actually had a chance to participate since I don't have any chars in the range. Just curious on the drops.

I was present for two of the attempts. I don't believe he is overtuned.

I think a full group with a good tank, two MT healers and two group healers the rest DPS should be able to bring him down. Levitate a must, MR buff would probably help with the AoE too. When I last attempted him we had no slows, haste, or Int casters.

Just make sure tank and healers live and he should go down. The hard part is finding enough people that are <=39 that are willing to attempt him.

Back
Top Bottom