NVIDEA Clipping Bug and Radeon Target Ring Bug Fix!

Well I got the analyzer from a later post in this thread but I sure couldn't get it to do anything. The directions are as clear as mud.

Oh well. I'll just make a Druid and try to never get on a boat.

grrr I just can't let it go heh heh.

I made the batch file in my game directory that points to the sodpatcher and when I run the 3d analyzer I point it to that bat file. When I run it nothing happens though.

Should probably make your own help thread rather than posting in this one. Include your OS, and the file names/locations/content of the batch files you created.

When you say "when I run it nothing happens" which file are running and is nor working? There are 2 batch files, the 3danalyzer, and game executables all being launched in this process.

I created a batch file in my everquest directory (C:\SoD\everquest) that my sodpatcher points to. That batch fie is called 3da.bat and contains the following line: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\SoD Patcher\sodpatcher.exe which is where my sodpatcher resides obviously.

When I run the 3d analyze program and point it to c:\SoD\everquest\3da.bat and "run" it, I get a split second dos window doing something but then nothing. The game doesn't launch. If I click the button that says "Save batch file!" and then name it "runitgood" and try to run that batch file from the sod\everquest directory, it launches the 3danalyzer then I get a dos window that pauses after displaying: c:\SoD\everquest>"c:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\3da\3danalyzer-\3DAnalyze.exe" /EXE=c:\SoD\everquest\3da.bat

Windows XP btw

**copy and pasting this from another post I made on this**
Let's review a few steps that are needed to make this work well.

1) Create a batch file #1, This file can be placed anywhere on your machine, this is the one you click to start playing SoD. It should have text similar to this (relative to your pathing):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\3DAnalyze\3DAnalyze.exe" /EXE=D:\SoD\StartSoD.bat

2) Create batch file #2, This file should be in your SoD folder and in my example above is the file references as StartSoD.bat. It should have the following text (relative to your pathing):

"D:\SoD\sodpatcher.exe"

3) Run batch file #1, which auto starts the analyzer which auto launches sod patcher.

4) Make sure to uncheck EQWin on the sod patcher because it will not work with the analyzer.

5) You can close the analyzer and any command windows left open after you have logged into the game.

Last edited:
That pretty much looks like what I had. So I moved everything to the SoD\everquest directory and of course changed the paths as needed and it all runs great!

Thanks!

I can ride boats and see where I am going!

Now if I can solve the issue with some of my mobs looking like other mobs I'll be set like shiny new! That's a much lesser issue though. I am thinking the steam version doesn't have all the correct graphics for whatever reason. (My other thread called "My gnolls are barbarians")

Thanks again though you rock!

Graphics bug

I've been able to see the 3-D target ring with no problems. I installed 3D-Analyze in hopes to fix the graphics bug that happens when attacking using first person view and the weird stuff on the boats. I've installed per instructions above, all seems to be working fine, but I still have the graphics issues. Anyone know what I could check? I'm running a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS on a Intel Core 2 with Windows 7.

Thanks.

Last edited:
4) Make sure to uncheck EQWin on the sod patcher because it will not work with the analyzer.

Is one reason why.

I have Windows 7 64bit and a GeForce GTX 570 .. Followed the instructions .. made a .bat file and set my hardware ID .. unchecked EQwindows .. I can't get this to work .. EQ launches but when I try to get to character select it crashes :eek:

EverQuest: Windows - Application Error

The instruction at 0x255f31f referenced memory at 0x00000000.
The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program

error while injecting dll into target process. has there been a fix. tested the batch file will launch it. only using the basic batch file to launch the game none of the other ones to make it easier atm. just trying to get the basic analyzer to work first. using analyze v2.36b.

And if you're on vista run with administrator privileges or you'll get a "can't copy forcedll.dll error.
Know it's been a while, but thanks for this.

But..

Basically, I have the same problem as this post
or, "CreateProcess failed." followed by "Error while injecting dll into target process "

I have found how it can work. all the patcher directory must be copied in the EQ directory and it work.
I either don't understand what he means, or this isn't working for me. I literally copied over EVERYTHING I could find. (sodfiles.txt, sodpatcher.cfg, sodpatcher.log, even mumble and the eqw folder and everything related to 3DAnalyzer) No fix. :(

Any ideas?

Edit: for clarification, is this the nvidea clipping bug?

Last edited:
that is a completely different graphics glitch, not the nvidia bug. Nvidia bug makes the boats are huger aggravation, and cause you to see the inside of your toon in melee combat if you stay in 1st person mode for them.

That looks like the multi-core processor issue. They eventually curl up into a small ball and fly off the screen right? Check the "Bind Affinity" box in the patcher when you launch, always launch the game through the patcher, and it should never happen again.
Yeah, that's what it does.

My camera bounces around like mad and (I think?) there's a little bit of some kind of a speed hack effect going. Randomly get booted when it glitches pretty hard, anyway.

The thing is I am running on just one of my four cores, thanks to Taru's advice. It worked for a while but when I was with a raid, it got really bad really fast. Also running EQPN.

Could you point me to another thread for this, or should I make my own?

I registered just to post this, lol.

If you're having problems with the "Error injecting DLL into process" message or something similar like that, ensure you have BOTH ForceDLL.dll AND hook_3DA.dll in the same directory as 3D Analyze. Also remember to run 3D Analyze in Administrator mode if that applies to your operating system. I found this fix by looking for further documentation on other forums.

I don't know if that will fix YOUR specific error, but it fixed mine, so it's worth a shot.

I 2 box like.... always.

I don't use EQW though, I just run the client in windowed mode instead. If this fix will work for my method I'll definitely do it, but will it be possible to open 2 separate ckients / windows using this fix?

I use an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 and I can't get a target ring to show up under mobs either. Apparently, I do get a target ring but it is not on the right axis... I say this because until I was fighting in Sorcerer's Labyrinth I had not seen it until then. Check out this screen shot:

TargetRing.jpg

Just thought you guys would be interested.

I have the issue Daffie. When in Spires, on bridge where Experiment spawns my Target Ring is on the ceiling of the zone most of the time. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom