Official FAQ [This will answer all your questions!]

Foonie

Staff Emeritus
Missing files
I'm missing zone file X
Buy Titanium

It tells me that I'm missing dvps.dll after patching.
*unconfirmed* Patch Luclin.

MSS32.DLL
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

I'm missing *.dll file
Please read the stickies, for now.

Patcher
I can't run the patcher?!
If you can't run the patcher, make sure you have .net installed. Get it from Windows Update.

My patcher keeps getting stuck when downloading file X or populating hash table.
If your patcher gets stuck, delete the file named "files.txt", and repatch all.
Try following the stops for getting stuck at "Getting Files List" (by Hasrett)

My patcher is stuck at "Getting Files List"
Disable your firewall(s)/antivirus/anti-spyware/P2P/P2P-privacy programs. This goes double for Windows Firewall

Ports
What ports do Shards of Dalaya use?

Account issues
How do I change my password?
Please use our password changing service.

I keep getting wrong username/password, even though I'm sure I'm typing in the right one.
First of all, make sure your eqhost.txt (found in your the Game folder) looks like:
Code:
[Registration Servers] 
{ 
"72.55.164.91" 
} 
[Login Servers] 
{ 
"72.55.164.91:5997"
}
If it doesn't, make sure the file isn't read only, and repatch using the SoD Patcher.
If the above doesn't work, the issue is most likely a firewall/router. The ports used are above.

Misc
I can't Alt Tab out of my window when using EQW.
Install ACT (Application Compatibility Toolkit) from either the Windows XP CD, located in the Support\Tools Directory, or it can be downloaded here:
Install it, then run Compatibility Administration Tool.
Look for Ever+Quest. (Plus in the middle to avoid filter)
Right click on eqgame.exe, and select Disable Entry. (credit EQWindows.com and Elysium)

Everything is super speed, and I'm using Multiple Processors and/or multiple cores
You need to set Game to only use one processor, or it will be funky. When the patcher is loaded, set affinity to sodbin.exe.
Read the threads on Multiple Processors and http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=15436

**NOTE** Make sure you try to only use Processors 1 or 2 for your gaming experince. Slowness issues have been found using any processor above #3.

I can't get past the EULA/Seizure Warning screen!
a. Open up the patcher, select advanced -> Repatch all. You have to do this every single time you patch to live.
b. Try with both EQW enabled and disabled.
c. Try clicking the mouse randomly, and it might fix itself /shrug
d. Repatch all from the SoDPatcher.

I'm experiencing model wierdness, such as miscoloured armor, backwards faces, etc
Your cached textures are corrupt. You can either simply turn of texture caching in your options (before logging on), or if you're a more advanced user you could delete your texture cached files

I can't choose more than 2 high model characters, even though my computer is big enough
Use your enter key after selecting the models instead of clicking next with your mouse

I can't sound to work in my the Game folder
Go to your the Game-folder and open "eqclient.ini" file. In the fourth line ("sound") the value will be "0"/"FALSE", change the zero to the word "TRUE". (by Artara)

Missing String X
Your eqstr_en.txt is corrupt, and you need to repatch it (i.e. do a repatch all in sodpatcher, or alternatively, download the patch files from site/Xardon's post

I can't make the game run full screen
If you want to enjoy the game in full screen mode, make sure you don't run it through EQW (you can change this in the SoD Patcher

How do I play here?
Read the Starting Guide

We do not provide downloads of EQ, nor information on where to get it.. Don't even bother asking.

I need to recover old account info
Posting a thread like this without reading policy plaza will get you yelled at. You wonder why forum mods are such assholes? It's because your question has likely been answered a thousand times, and you could find the answer yourself if you simply looked for it.

If there are any other issues please reply and I'll add them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Official FAQ

Also, if you use Net Zero their hi-speed software can mess up the patcher. This was the problem my friend had.

Official FAQ

Atomicated said:
Also, if you use Net Zero their hi-speed software can mess up the patcher. This was the problem my friend had.

i think its because it's not actual high speed... all they do is cache sites and u load em from ur hard drive at later use so its 'faster'. It most likely caches the info from the SoD domain and doesnt get an actual evaluation when a new patch hits.

Solution to Slow Motion on Laptops

First go to your desktop, right click, select properties, go to screen saver, power, and check to see that your power schemes are set to Home/Office. This should fix your problem because for some reason EQ seems to know you are using a laptop and is unwilling to take the extra power when it is needed.

If this does not fix your problem there is another fix I read about but was unneeded for my system. Apparently EQ is prone to mess up your EQclient.ini file (where all your keyboard setting and colors are stored). Try renaming that file something that you will remember (in order to preserve the file in case of some off mishap) and then do a full patch to replace the file. All of your key settings will have to be manually redone, but there is a chance this will fix your problem.

Hope this helps.

Official FAQ

Hm, im having a problem logging in, I made an account and I tried to log in but it said it was incorrect...I didnt get an email either so Im stuck

Official FAQ

Any word on the 1017 errors or the eggame.exe crashes Homogenn? Hate to ask here but we dont seem to be getting any responses in the other threads. Even a "its not gonna get fixed" would be good, just anything to let us know whats going on. Thanks.

Official FAQ

I honestly have no clue. If you want to put some work into it, I can start a questionaire on the topic. It will hopefully find a common piece of software/hardware.

Hope this is the right place to post this. The patcher is getting stuck at "Patching: generalcommands.html", how can I fix this?

Well, i got in and made a charracter, and somehow i am missing the nightmareb file, so i cant go into the dream, is there a way i can get this file alone, without unistalling the game?

It's a PoP expansion you are missing. I could be wrong, but I think epatching to live up to and including the LDoN expansion shoudl fix it.

I have the patch and everything, but when I try to log in with my username/password it says "A time out has occured"
Not to sure what to do here.

I know this was fixed in Live, and I don't know the ability to solve it here, but it's a pretty major issue for me.

When I open my inventory, cast a spell, open a bag within my inventory, or equip/unequip an item, I get a pause/stutter of about half a second.

This is VERY problematic for me personally and it drives me insane.

I don't really expect you to break your fingers trying to fix it or anything of the sort but, I figured I'd bring it up. I know it has to do with the way EQ writes and reads the .ini files. (from what Sony said back in 2005 when it was fixed on live)

Thanks either way, I'll try to dig up the Tech Support post from live if you need any information about it.

Finawin said:
I know this was fixed in Live, and I don't know the ability to solve it here, but it's a pretty major issue for me.

When I open my inventory, cast a spell, open a bag within my inventory, or equip/unequip an item, I get a pause/stutter of about half a second.

This is VERY problematic for me personally and it drives me insane.

I don't really expect you to break your fingers trying to fix it or anything of the sort but, I figured I'd bring it up. I know it has to do with the way Game writes and reads the .ini files. (from what the Company said back in 2005 when it was fixed on live)

Thanks either way, I'll try to dig up the Tech Support post from live if you need any information about it.
It is something about the way it read writes. It's if you have an antivirus running and it has to check every time you do it.

Back
Top Bottom