Official FAQ [This will answer all your questions!]

Treiss said:
Ok I used EQLive's patcher and even reinstalled the entire bloody game, and patched afterwards, and I'm still missing the nightmareb.ZON file! It has nightmareb_chr.txt but not zone file and therefore i cannot go to the dream..where can i get these files? Like I've said, I've used the EQLive and SoD patcher over and over, but not success...

No one's going to answer you in this thread, as it clearly says.

^

EQlive's new launchpad will only patch up to the expansions it shows you have from what I understand. If you do not have the PoP expansion (which includes the nightmare files) you will need to aquire it or access to an account that does. Again, I don't know how launchpad works and I may be wrong, but this is how it was explained to me.

Hello,

I've reinstalled my windows and so, everquest but now, there is a new lauch pad and you need a real eq live account to patch eq...

Anyone know how to go back to the old patcher? I cannot play :mad:

thank :(

not sure if this question has been asked yet, but, do you have to do anything to get back to playing regular EQ or do you just use the normal patcher?
:what: :what: :what:

Desth said:
not sure if this question has been asked yet, but, do you have to do anything to get back to playing regular Game or do you just use the normal patcher?
:what: :what: :what:

Just run the SOE Patcher, that's it.

I am having the Error: string not found (303). I have deleted the files already suggested in this thread repeatedly and tried to patch repeatedly, and this error persists. Using the original EQ patcher I can actually get to the login screen for the original game.

When I attempt to sign into SoD the farthest I can get is downloading the patch files. When the game attempts to move into the login screen I get the 303 error.

You have to install up to and including Gates of Discord. If you do not own these expansions the new launchpad will only patch you up to the expansions it shows you own. This is the most common reason for the 303 string not found error.

This might help someone, odd that it is.

For a day I had been going through alot of threads about to get past the failed login bad username/password and it was using the station login not the sod login. I went and re-patched the sod launcher and it kept getting stuck at eqhost.txt and would go no further. So I moved that file away to the desktop and ran the launcher again and got through and began playing the game.

So for a small few maybe moving the file someplace else might allow them to get it or maybe my case might be very unique.

Yea, any time the patcher gets stuck on a file repeatedly, I delete that file and repatch all (moving to the desktop works too I guess).

Homogenn said:
I can't make the game run full screen
If you want to enjoy the game in full screen mode, make sure you don't run it through EQW (you can change this in the SoD Patcher

If there are any other issues please reply and I'll add them.

You all do realize that almost 10% of the population is color blind, with red-green being the most predominant?

Using red and gree text on this dark greyish (or is it green) background makes it extremely difficult for us 10% of the population to read.

Just sayin'... if you want to improve this post... please change the text color or change the background color.

Christmas colors > color blind people.

P.S. Changing the colors might be a good idea. It hurts my eyes and I can see (colors) perfectly fine.

Rrowrr said:
You all do realize that almost 10% of the population is color blind, with red-green being the most predominant?

Using red and gree text on this dark greyish (or is it green) background makes it extremely difficult for us 10% of the population to read.

Just sayin'... if you want to improve this post... please change the text color or change the background color.

Well, I don't see why anyone would use that background either, but I do realize the colours are stupid (I use Ig-Oh theme. It's pretty much the best there is). They were made that way not because of christmas colours but because red = warning, stop, error, and green = ok, fixed, up.
I just wanted a way to show people where the new errors started. I could use bold, underline or red/blue (blue/light blue being passive, ready instead). Either's fine to for me, although I might lean towards using underline so the text won't be so theme dependant (like when people use the colour yellow I want to shoot them).

Homogenn said:
They were made that way not because of christmas colours but because red = warning, stop, error, and green = ok, fixed, up.

That makes sense.

One of the problems with Red/Green in context of stop and okay (this include public traffic lights) is that Red/Green is the main type of color blindness. And on a dark background it makes it worse, especially for the green text.

The colors that should be used are the primary colors, Blue, Yellow, and Red. These are easily distinguishable to the majority of people. Red for error, Blue for fixed is much better than the Red/Green standard.

I am posting this not really to slam on your color scheme but to remind any game developers that might read this about how color choices can really break a web page or even a computer game for color blind people.

Hello, I hope this is the right spot to ask this. I installed Sod, ran the patch, made a char. I got to the dream part and it started laggin. I would talk to some of the NPCs and the response was really slow. So the game was working just kinda laggy at the time. That is not the problem. The Problem is when I logged out and tryed to log back in, I finished going through the patcher, but then a Everquest Startup Error box would come up.. It reads .. Everquest was unable to initialize the File * EQMAIN.DLL *.. Then it just repeats it if you hit ok. Is there something I can do to fix this and continue playing?? Thanks :)

The one Problem that I do not see in this post is the problem my girlfriend is having.
She crashes to the Character Select Screen everytime she zones/dies and sometimes the Server Select Screen.
There is not much on this topic on these forums and the responses I am getting is pretty much there is nothing that can be done about it.
If there is any information I am missing, could this be added to this very well written thread please?
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom