Official FAQ [This will answer all your questions!]

Patcher stopped working

Hi there

My patcher has been working for months, yet today it just stopped working and I don't know what to do. It did this to me a few months ago, then was working again. I have no idea what caused this to happen either time, and I don't know what got it to work again last time. Help!

Problem: some keys not working in game but they work find everywhere else:

XPMaster has found and posted the solution for at least some of these issues:

Go into the device manager, and remove all the drivers under keyboard that have eHome in it. You should be left with a single standard keyboard driver. Then, restart EQ. The reason that some of the keys are not working is because the eHome drivers are conflicting with DirectInput, and blocking thoese keys from working in EQ. I have the same issue on my HP Pavilon, it's annoying.

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out how to get those drivers to go away permanently, since I almost never use the remote control that came with my computer.

Hello,i'm new on the server,and i don't know if it's normal but when i try to start the game with the patcher,all the updates go swiftly,but i get on the station login account.is it normal or should i have a different login screen??I've read this thread completly and try to move the eqhost.txt elsewhere but still no prevail. Must i absolutely create an account with the station to enter the server with the acocunt i created on the site??

Am i understood??lol

Dark

Hello,i'm new on the server,and i don't know if it's normal but when i try to start the game with the patcher,all the updates go swiftly,but i get on the station login account.is it normal or should i have a different login screen??I've read this thread completly and try to move the eqhost.txt elsewhere but still no prevail. Must i absolutely create an account with the station to enter the server with the acocunt i created on the site??

Am i understood??lol

Dark

Yes you are working fine, since we use EQ's old client it looks exactly the same until you get in game. So go ahead and use the SN and pw you registered your toon with from the front page. Glad to have you join us. Have fun.

hey havent played in ages but im running on vista and patched it both ways and when the game starts i get an error sting 312 it passes the seizure warning then shows what my vid card is then more error string pop up 323,324 etc any clues on this matter ?

String errors usually mean you are trying to use something less than required. The requirements are there for your safety.

String errors usually mean you are trying to use something less than required. The requirements are there for your safety.

my system specs are way above the required i can play raid addicts np with there patches and when i did a new install for this i just get string errors for some reason

It's not necessarily system specs, make a new thread with specs / installed expansions / etc. And people will be able to help you out. My guess is you don't have all the expansions.

hey, im an old vet from "the game" and was excited to play SoD.
ive installed titanium and im running through the patcher and everything, i get to the login screen, i put my account and password in and it says "a time out occured" id really really appreciate some help =]

Hi, i cant seem to find out how to play on your server. never played on a private server before and have no idea what to do. if anyone could help me please would apperacite that. thanks!

okay i followed the link on how to get set up to play but the version that i downloaded from the files link on the home page gives me version 1.71. and there is notthing that i can find that tells me what to do.

Updated some information about multiple processors.

Some things I found out with my new quad core processor is that Shards does not like using anything except processor 0 or 1 (aka Processor 1 and 2 from our SoD Patcher) So avoid using any processor option from the patcher beyond 2.

If you attempt to use processors 3 or 4 you can notice performance issues, graphic slowness, stuttering, etc.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I posted too soon. I turned off the "EQW" option and it loaded right up.

Last edited:
so i am still getting the "invalid username/password" message. i changed my eqhost.txt file to what was mentioned...
any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom