Official FAQ [This will answer all your questions!]

A useful bugfix:

I just joined yesterday and was having an issue that I saw several unresolved threads about: after getting everything set up and patched, running the game gave me the SoD Rules screen (which was black with orange text, unlike it ought to be), but any keypress closed the game without an error message, and there was no clear way to proceed.

Here's the fix: it turns out that in my video card driver settings I was forcing antialiasing. Disabling this (by changing the setting to "use game settings") resolved the issue and I was able to play just fine. I had a great first night and met some really cool, friendly people!

Also: in basically every thread I saw about this, there was some response about "Sounds like a PIRATE problem!" As you see now, this has nothing to do with where you obtained your game, and is a legitimate technical problem that happened to people who got a boxed copy as well. So I suggest that people stop with that extremely unhelpful response.

can't run the game

Hi to everybody
i hope someone can help me i have installed eq classic original cd after i install sod patch start the game from patch and run and have error mss32.dll is missing and eqw.dll can be load but if i put this mss32.dll appear error 'failed to load graphic dll' anyway i can run the game what can i do??

thx for your help

I already have Ruins Of Kunark and Planes Of Power on my computer then i downloaded the patch patch. But a message appears saying the you are unable to load the world right after i click on my character and click on enter world. Is i because i dont have a certain expansion?

No servers showing

Hello I got Titanium and ran everything as directed on the website, logged into my newly made account and no servers are on the list and says I have 0 out of 0 expansions. I relog in it says I have attempted to log in and failed 23894240234 times then it says I have 2 out of 10 expansions. What is going on?

Thanks

A useful bugfix:

I just joined yesterday and was having an issue that I saw several unresolved threads about: after getting everything set up and patched, running the game gave me the SoD Rules screen (which was black with orange text, unlike it ought to be), but any keypress closed the game without an error message, and there was no clear way to proceed.

Here's the fix: it turns out that in my video card driver settings I was forcing antialiasing. Disabling this (by changing the setting to "use game settings") resolved the issue and I was able to play just fine. I had a great first night and met some really cool, friendly people!

Also: in basically every thread I saw about this, there was some response about "Sounds like a PIRATE problem!" As you see now, this has nothing to do with where you obtained your game, and is a legitimate technical problem that happened to people who got a boxed copy as well. So I suggest that people stop with that extremely unhelpful response.

You sir, are a hero. Solved my orange text problem right on the spot. I thank you for your hard work and letting me play this game :D.

having issues with station username and pw...

i downloaded and executed the patcher as instructed in the directions and have made it passed the options screen... i am stuck at the startup screen... i am given the following options...
1.connect
2.account
3.credits
4.options
5.exit
i clicked account and selected new account but a popup came up saying "error 1001: could not connect to everquest server! please try again shortly." dont know what to do and any and all help is greatly appreciated. thank you

i downloaded and executed the patcher as instructed in the directions and have made it passed the options screen... i am stuck at the startup screen... i am given the following options...
1.connect
2.account
3.credits
4.options
5.exit
i clicked account and selected new account but a popup came up saying "error 1001: could not connect to everquest server! please try again shortly." dont know what to do and any and all help is greatly appreciated. thank you

Maybe this? Please help with Error 1001

I can't get the screen into full screen even when not using eqw, each time I enter the game the display settings are set for full screen off. I tried turning it on and logging out by camping, quitting, and exiting and it's always switched back after I log in again. Help!

Hello everyone, I'm one of those new kids on the block, and really have no idea as to what I'm doing. I repatched, but I keep getting stuck with an error message that reads: 'ERROR: String not found (303). I guess I'll try and re-download and see if that helps...but if you have any tips or tricks it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and I hope I can get this running! I hope to join in on the fun!

MyFairJenni - String not found (303) means there's an issue with your eqstr_us.txt file. Try repatch all, maybe you'll get lucky, but you will most likely need to reinstall then patch again. Also, confirm that you have EQI, at least Titanium, installed - I've heard of people trying to patch EQII installations and getting the same error :psyduck:

CANNOT LOG IN NO MATTER WHAT I DO

OK i installed eq plat i patched with shards of delaya ive done everything it says on this forum and others i still can not and have not logged in it says operation timed out befor it even tryes to log me in what do i do anyh suggestions

Back
Top Bottom