OOC: Questions Regarding The Bearers

Modzirra

Dalayan Beginner
***Edit! I mis-titled this post with Truth Bringers (a shortcut term I use at home for Bearers of Truth), I am unable to change the post title, but the rest has been corrected. ***

I have a bunch of questions regarding Dalaya roleplay and I'm not sure the best place to direct them, so if this is not the correct place, guidance is greatly appreciated.

Bearers of Truth General:

First off, I have joined the Bearers of Truth with one of my main characters and would like to know where/how I can get to know other roleplayers. Is the curse channel dead? Do I need to turn it on somehow other than having the *RP* tattoo applied to my name? I have done the petition correctly and been added to Bearers of Truth. I know there is a special command to talk in Curse chat, but I have not seen anyone speak in it...ever.

Next, if the channel is dead right now, I would like to either take some initiative and get it started somehow. I feel I can't do this unless I know a few things about Curse chat.

Curse Chat:

Is it RP only?
If RP only what is the setting? Is it a bar? A pocket plane? A distant method of telepathic communique? Something else?
What are the RP rules? I've participated in a lot of roleplay over my years in many MMO's and some are very strict about things like, "emote syntax", "what constitutes god-modding" and more.

Events:

What are events? They are mentioned in the sticky Bearers of Truth posts, of which I have read, however I am new to Shards and do not know what they are.

Truth Bringer Expected Behaviors:

What are the expected behaviors of a Truth Bringer? Must I be IC in Dalaya Beginners guild chat? Shout? Say? Auction? more?

Other Questions:

I would love to help with organizing things on the forum to encourage more RP and so things like guilds and roleplayer information is more easily attained. Is it ok to grab a ball and run with it? Or do I need to contact a GM or Dev first with my ideas?

What is the rating for public RP? ie: Do I need to keep it PG 13 or less for possible kiddos or can I run with it until I get a tell with requests to tone it down?

RP Events:

I would love to start doing regular online events where I simply tell stories, offer tarot readings, sing songs and generally entertain that people can read while they play and interact with if they so choose, can I advertise these in the forums? If yes, may I use Curse chat for these events? Please note that I expect no support from GMs and Devs on this, I simply like to do it for fun.

Responses are appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Here are some examples of forum organization that require no administrative or moderation access. Although I am a web developer and I have extensive knowledge and experience with PHPbb2 and 3 if y'all need help.

Character Profile Template

Guild Profile Template

Much thanks and credit to Duvessa El'Lar of EQLive and EQ2 for putting a lot of this together...IT WASN'T ME! I'm just borrowing a great idea with permission. (ok ok...I'm Modesta, you got me! But I still didn't come up with it all...I just posted some of it and made it easy to copy pasta)

Last edited:
I have a few of those answers. Keep the "cult chat" to PG13 or so. Some form of RP suggested for cult channel only. Feel free to advertise those things on the forums. Feel free to check for interest in /ooc as well, as several of us don't have our mains in the Bearers of Truth, but would be interested. I'd personally be interested in goofing off and RPing.

(/em twitches a little bit at the wrong name being used... that's really just an insult and not a nickname)

For storyline based events outside the (now admittedly somewhat routine) Kaezulian invasions, the Bearers of Truth are usually the first to know.

Yeah, PG-13 for cult chat. You're welcome to use it for the roleplay-ish things as you've described in your last paragraph. As far as behavior outside of cult chat, you're welcome to choose either in-character or out-of-character.

The Bearers of Truth share no guild or alignment affiliation, so you needn't worry about that. They are united in be anti-Kaezul, though. Anyone that is like "my character is evil, and I want to be on Kaezul's side" doesn't really get it. This is a genocide situation, and the bad guys aren't going to accept them.

Thanks so much for answering some of my questions. I have a few more, specific to your responses.

(/em twitches a little bit at the wrong name being used... that's really just an insult and not a nickname)

Feel free to edit my title, I wanted to but do not have permission. I feel really bad about the faux pas.

Yeah, PG-13 for cult chat. You're welcome to use it for the roleplay-ish things as you've described in your last paragraph.

I have yet to see anyone use cult chat, so I am wondering, what is the setting of the channel, so that I can roleplay in it appropriately?

ie. My primary roleplay character, Frezetta, is a gnome bent on economic domination of Dalaya. With that in mind, would she be able to advertise her wares (not actual wares, just the roleplay type) or post notices advertising the Doomtoggle Corporation (membership 1 and counting!)? Or can I just create whatever setting I like when I announce myself in channel?

The Bearers of Truth share no guild or alignment affiliation, so you needn't worry about that. They are united in be anti-Kaezul, though. Anyone that is like "my character is evil, and I want to be on Kaezul's side" doesn't really get it. This is a genocide situation, and the bad guys aren't going to accept them.

Can an evil aligned character become a member of The Bearers of Truth as an antagonist? In other words, the character would not advertise or roleplay as a member of The Bearers of Truth, but rather, join The Bearers of Truth for ooc/programmatic purposes to gain access to curse chat and offer contributions as the enemy of The Bearers of Truth.*

*I have no desire to do this at this point, I'm just curious about the rules and ethics

Last edited:
Feel free to advertise those things on the forums. Feel free to check for interest in /ooc as well, as several of us don't have our mains in the Bearers of Truth, but would be interested. I'd personally be interested in goofing off and RPing.

Great! As soon as the holidays pass and I can make a more firm commitment I will be sure to put something together and advertise here on the forums.

Well, the cult chat setting ... I don't even know how to answer that. People are spread across the world but able to communicate. You're not all on some kind of "Beverly Hills Ninja"-esque plane sipping tea or anything.

I don't even know what kind of bizarre roleplaying persona could even qualify as "antagonist to the Bearers of Truth". That's akin to being a pro-Nazi Jew in the Third Reich. I'm aware of how strong that last sentence was, but Kaezul does have genocidal tendencies and isn't looking for supporters in Athica.

Oh, and good luck with that "Gnome wanting to dominate the economy" persona. My character is a Gnome know-it-all benevolent overlord of the Dalayan tradeskill market system. (Type 5 aug prices for a recent example, mwahahahaha)

Well, the cult chat setting ... I don't even know how to answer that. People are spread across the world but able to communicate. You're not all on some kind of "Beverly Hills Ninja"-esque plane sipping tea or anything.

I'll imagine it to be telepathy. Done. :haw:

Oh, and good luck with that "Gnome wanting to dominate the economy" persona. My character is a Gnome know-it-all benevolent overlord of the Dalayan tradeskill market system. (Type 5 aug prices for a recent example, mwahahahaha)
Don't worry...I highly doubt she'll ever be successful. She's delusional...not successful. Want is a key word there. The player behind the toon is a realist after all.

Back
Top Bottom