Ethereal Cleansing
355 mana cost
250hp group HoT

Now the runic:
Runic: Protective Lustration
780 mana cost
390hp group HoT
8% spell damage reduc

The duration, recast etc. are identical on both spells. If there are any effects that do not show on the parser I have not noticed them.

This "upgrade" costs 120% more mana than the previous spell and only heals for 56% more. In other words, the runic is 64% less efficient hp to mana wise. Now, I understand that Ikisith spells are meant to be different than old world spells but losing 64% efficiency for only 8% spell dam reduction is not an upgrade or even a side grade. The other problem with this spell is that cleric hots over ride it AND druid and shaman runic spells will over ride it. This spell adds no utility to the class, its hp per tick is too small for the mana cost and the spell damage reduction is too neglegible. On any serious spell heavy encounter chacters will resist gear up and be resisting spells anyway, or they would rather have a cleric gheal on them which simply heals for more hp.

My suggestion for this spell would be either...
1. Jack up the spell dam reduction to around 15-20% to warant the mana cost and give this spell a niche of utility over the other HoT spells.
2. Add some other melee defensive effects to it, right now it is just a boring old GHoT with bigger numbers, give it some AC/DS/proc something to make it worth the mana cost.
3. The simplest but lamest solution, reduce the mana cost to around 600.

Last edited:
1. Now, I understand that Ikisith spells are meant to be different than old world spells but losing 64% efficiency for only 8% spell dam reduction is not an upgrade or even a side grade.

2. The other problem with this spell is that cleric hots over ride it AND druid and shaman runic spells will over ride it.

1. This is the problem everyone has when interpreting ikisith spells. It is not supposed to be either. Also, the fact that you don't want to use these spells when you aren't in ikisith is a testament to their design.

2. This is a problem with communication, not the spell. Is it also a problem with single target heals that two clerics can cast them at once?

You gained the ability heal the entire raid for reasonable amounts. This spell is disgusting.
I have more fights that this spell would add immense utility for than I have appendages. So what if it has a huge mana cost.

i know it's cool to complain about spells but this one is undeniably great sorry

This is a raid wide hot?

yeah.... since when? By which I mean I have used it in raid and it has only hit one group as far as I can tell.

And if it is supposed to be then yes it would be great.

Last edited:
Yeah a paladin could keep two subpar ghots up on two groups is that what you are implying? If GHoTs are so necessary there are now THREE other classes with better ones, I dont see how this adds anything to the class, its just another hot. Please explain to me how this is so great, I am just stating my opinion and giving reasons why it is so. If you think its great thats cool, tell me why so I can understand.

Yeah a paladin could keep two subpar ghots up on two groups is that what you are implying? If GHoTs are so necessary there are now THREE other classes with better ones, I dont see how this adds anything to the class, its just another hot. Please explain to me how this is so great, I am just stating my opinion and giving reasons why it is so. If you think its great thats cool, tell me why so I can understand.

Perhaps because the other three classes may be involved in doing something else during the fight(SEE: healing), meanwhile you the paladin depending on the encounter are most likely doing nothing but hitting the ghot button and auto attacking the mob have a massive amount of idle mana that could dampen the chances of bad shit happening in intense group heal scenarios instead of just sitting around doing absolutely fucking nothing. Now you have a replacement for the third grouphot which was a lame old 115 point a tick. Lets not forget the other place where paladins abilities to heal shine which is 6 man content and this new spell allows you with the assistance of a bard to provide 38% spell mitigation, I was going to come in and say you could provide 78% but then I checked that it does not stack with protection of the lady so whatever.

I will admit using your level 51 hot would of been a far stretch but the fact is this spell just knocked it off the list. Just because you choose to be inactive during your raids or because it is not always the best choice does not mean this spell is bad.

TL;DR paladin ability to group heal is fucking disgusting already and you just got an upgrade to it.

Last edited:
TL;DR paladin ability to group heal is fucking disgusting already and you just got an upgrade to it.

Yeah it heals for more, but its not much of an upgrade at 64% less efficiency, the previous Ghot upgrades along the way have healed for more AND at a better efficiency. It just seemed strange to me that there was such a massive drop. The thing about this spell is its just another in a line of spells, not much new at all. I just think its a dissapointing choice to give paladins a simple ghot upgrade and then give two other classes new spell abilities that will override it because they are flat out better 99% of the time.

Also, as a paladin im often running around getting adds agroing shit, I dont get to just sit there and save all my mana to blow it on ghots, I also have half the mana pool of healers so at nearly 800 mana this pretty much empties my bar in 5 casts. But the mana cost is not the problem the utility of the spell is, its like the fact that rangers have heals, yet why dont they spam heals durring a raid, because their heals are not needed and its not their role.

You are right that in a bad situation in 6mans this can be nice to have, but I still don't see the argument for why this spell is zomg awesome like ppl have been implying.

You are right that in a bad situation in 6mans this can be nice to have, but I still don't see the argument for why this spell is zomg awesome like ppl have been implying.

You just don't get it, Miffers. You see paladins are so over powered that legitimate thoughts on a spell simply equate to bitching and moaning. Who cares if you have a well thought out look at the spell? It has a mildly cool ability tacked on to it that is clearly worth 230 mana (with the same efficiency as the previous spell in the line). It is clear that there are fights in ikisith where you need to have that 8% mitigation from what yate says and that should easily be enough for you god damnit.

You just don't get it, Miffers. You see paladins are so over powered that legitimate thoughts on a spell simply equate to bitching and moaning. Who cares if you have a well thought out look at the spell? It has a mildly cool ability tacked on to it that is clearly worth 230 mana (with the same efficiency as the previous spell in the line). It is clear that there are fights in ikisith where you need to have that 8% mitigation from what yate says and that should easily be enough for you god damnit.

Yeah it's hard to argue with his well thought-out argument of "Oh but three healer classes get (arguably) better HoTs". You know like cleric Ethereal Elixir which is only 35 more hp a tick. It's not like this spell added some utility they didn't have prior on top of the healing boost. Like say... spell damage reduction they can employ multiple times a fight. Oh...

Who cares if you have a well thought out look at the spell?

if you are "often running around" then something is wrong. i have done all raid content up to and including tier 11, and there are only 6 encounters that i can think of where you would have to actually run around as a main paladin, and no, im not a slack paladin. and only 2 of those 6 would prevent you from hotting other groups (which helps a ton by the way, especially those damn casters that are so squishy).

also 8% spell mitigation is totally awesome, even if it can only be had for a brief period of time. when you get nuked for 2kish or even more (as im sure ikisith does) 8% is at least 160 hp, which is quite a lot, especially for casters (who happen to be a big source of dps)

This conversation illustrates an increasing issue at the top of the game.

Quite a few of the new upgrades have limited applicability but if properly used may improve your chances of success in the most difficult encounters.

If you want to sit there with a stack of notes and swap in endless amounts of equipment and spells for each encounter you will do better than the slackers who can't be bothered.

However, it does make the game hard work and for myself I just want to keel and not have to think too hard, I pretend to think at real life work, the game is to relax and enjoy.

To those who put in the work gratz on the tier 11 shit; to the rest stop bitching, for myself the tier 10 stuff seems adequate for most things and tier 11 shit seems like too much like being at work but with a lot more bitching.

But the mana cost is not the problem the utility of the spell is, its like the fact that rangers have heals, yet why dont they spam heals durring a raid, because their heals are not needed and its not their role.

I completely agree, lets remove all paladin hot spells, it is not their role, and replace them with spell: group summon cookies. The new ikisith spell could be group summon pie.

I can see this infront of me now, Paladins everywhere, running around!, filling peoples inventory with pies. They look happy.

Last edited:
its like the fact that rangers have heals, yet why dont they spam heals durring a raid, because their heals are not needed and its not their role.

The problem with this is that the best rangers do, and that's what makes them the best rangers. As with the best paladins. You don't heal because you can replace a cleric or because you're as good as a druid; you heal to prevent the cleric from having to use gheal and come off the MT, or you patch the lowest person in the group to extend the time to the next gheal.

Yes, and this is an ability that we have always had and now have a less efficient version of. If you are telling me that all ikisith fights are < 2mins then this is a great upgrade for them I suppose. But my main problem is that this is not a "new" spell it is exactly like the old ghot except with a bit more healing a small spell dmg reduc, like Vart said 8% of 2k is 160 hp... this doesnt make the hot any better than the other ghots that heal for more hp AND have a decent mana to hp ratio. Just look at the other two runic Ghots please:
Druid
Runic: Cascading Vim
1010 mana cost
1780 hp heal
2 ticks of 500 hp

Shaman
Runic: Spiritual Attuning
850 mana cost
600hp GHoT
50% snare
20% slow

Now I have not used these spells so I don't want to presume too much about them. But the simple hp to mana ratio is way better than protective lustration and these are for caster classes (who have more mana to blow). Why is it that the paladin spell costs such an unruly amount of mana in comparison? Also, these two spells give the classes new abilities, yes they may be situational but they are great in the right situation. This is what I feel like the paladin Ghot needs, 8% spell dam reduc is not enough to make it the situational best when fighting AE heavy encounters if the other HoTs heal for greater than an additional 8% of a big nuke anyway. I don't see why Protective Lustration can't have 15-20% spell dam reduction at its current mana cost. At least then it would be worth the coordination to keep it up on the weak little caster group in a few specific encounters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom