Paladin Runic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of unrelated to this, but per Otcho's comments on pally aggro I have to disagree. I played various paladins for over 2 years through tier 9, and if you're tanking you most certainly have to spam in order to hold aggro. I fail to see how this discussion of aggro while tanking is relevant to the runic though - as it would easily be possible to cast the runic while holding aggro on the very few fights paladins actually do tank.

mana an issue on a paladin in a raid situation? name 4 encounters that dont involve mana drain as part of it. and dont say a 3k paladin on generals kills, be on tier. i can think of 3, 2 of which are in sanctum.

also paladin aggro spam is NOT the same sk spam. paladin blinds are like aggro dots, which means not really a point to casting another one before it has worn off. recast on DS is 9secs too, so you have time to play with hots, heal patches etc

I don't want to spoil any surprises, but once you get into the content this spell appears to have been tailored to, all your doubts will vanish, the mana cost won't be an issue, overwriting won't be an issue, and you will be hero

Wow. I am looking forward to seeing this, now.

[But the chances of my guild ever viewing me as a hero are slim and none. ;)]

Its not a runic or a slave spell so obviously its not meant to be always useful.

So, Runics are supposed to be useful much of the time? And yet the prevailing argument against my suggestions has been "its a runic its meant to be extrememly situational" :psyduck:

anyway,
ngl, in most of the situations i've seen where you would use this spell, clerics aren't going to have time to cast hots, and if the shaman is casting his ghot on anyone but the caster group he should be beaten within an inch of his life. This is already THE ghot to use on the tank group in the situations where it needs to be used. I don't want to spoil any surprises, but once you get into the content this spell appears to have been tailored to, all your doubts will vanish, the mana cost won't be an issue, overwriting won't be an issue, and you will be hero

This was all I was looking for.

Last edited:
So, Runics are supposed to be useful much of the time? And yet the prevailing argument against my suggestions has been "its a runic its meant to be extrememly situational" :psyduck:

anyway,

This was all I was looking for.

Isn't that the kind of assumption you can make when spells go out with an expansion ?

EDIT: Meant to quote dimmi's.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose my problem was I assumed new spells would be phat upgrades to old ones or something new that expands the utility of a class. The idea that people are trying to force on me is that most ikisith spell design was, however, to give you a spell to use only or mostly in Ikisith. Of course this is to prevent the old world content from becoming easy as pie, or needing a retuning. Yet, at the same time, from what I have seen of ikisith loot, tomes etc. its not like those are all "Bane damage: Iksar" only. So, while gear and tomes are not specifically tuned for the new world there is some big conspiracy that ikisith spells better only be useful in ikisith which I find kinda silly. Especially when for some classes they really do expand the class with a whole new ability effective on countless old world encounters as well as new, i.e. druid and shaman GHoTs.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose my problem was I assumed new spells would be phat upgrades to old ones or something new that expands the utility of a class. The idea that people are trying to force on me is that most ikisith spell design was, however, to give you a spell to use only or mostly in Ikisith. Of course this is to prevent the old world content from becoming easy as pie, or needing a retuning. Yet, at the same time, from what I have seen of ikisith loot, tomes etc. its not like those are all "Bane damage: Iksar" only. So, while gear and tomes are not specifically tuned for the new world there is some big conspiracy that ikisith spells better only be useful in ikisith which I find kinda silly. Especially when for some classes they really do expand the class with a whole new ability effective on countless old world encounters as well as new, i.e. druid and shaman GHoTs.

Except ikisith loot is for the most part equal to or worse than old world loot; and to be fair, the hots aren't particularly great in the old world (it's a stretch even for me to keep up the hot the duration of a fight like farhanniath, and not even plausible on some fights in sanctum/generals/etc)2

Last edited:
Well, I suppose my problem was I assumed new spells would be phat upgrades to old ones or something new that expands the utility of a class.

It's a healing upgrade to your old hot placing your group hot ability just below EE and it allows you to reduce spell damage to your group at will. So it's an upgrade to your old hot and expands your utility by allowing you to prevent spell damage. This is a seriously nice spell I can't figure out why you think it's useless in old world or whatever.

It's a healing upgrade to your old hot placing your group hot ability just below EE and it allows you to reduce spell damage to your group at will. So it's an upgrade to your old hot and expands your utility by allowing you to prevent spell damage. This is a seriously nice spell I can't figure out why you think it's useless in old world or whatever.

His biggest problem is not for how much it heals, its for how much mana the spell costs. While it does heal more than the previous paladin HoT, its less EFFICIENT. Its a higher level spell, so the trend should be that it will be more efficient in regards to heal/mana. Even with the spell dmg reduction part of the spell, which is very situational.

His biggest problem is not for how much it heals, its for how much mana the spell costs. While it does heal more than the previous paladin HoT, its less EFFICIENT. Its a higher level spell, so the trend should be that it will be more efficient in regards to heal/mana. Even with the spell dmg reduction part of the spell, which is very situational.

It's less mana efficient because it's a spell for a hybrid class that is healing for near as much (possibly even more if you count the spell damage reduction) as a staple spell of one of its parent classes with a fraction of the cast time.

Last edited:
Saying it has to have a high mana cost because its for a hybrid makes no sense since hybrids already have a smaller mana pool than real casters. The short cast time is nice, but all previous versions of paladin HoTs had the same cast time and did not make you hemorage mana for it. And, lastly, the spell dam reduc is the only real thing that should warrant an increase in mana cost. However, this increase of about 225 mana, if you look at the numbers, is for something that is very situational and most of the time just not used. Also, paladins have always had protection of the lady, which doesn't stack with this but is already amazing on any AE encounter. So, why does a paladin have to pay 225 mana for a situational part of a spell that they could just use an AA ability that is 5 times better in the first place, and stacks with the best HoTs?

PS. I know it takes a buff slot and has a long recast. But if 8% is so amazing on some fights then why not just go for 40% and drop a buff?

Last edited:
Hell, Clerics get a raid-wide heal, but Call of the Blessed is soooo much better and costs no mana, why would anyone use the raid-wide heal when they can just push the AA button for a hot that CH's the raid every tic?

Yeah, and lets make their raid wide heal extremely mana inefficient (oh wait it heals 13 more hp/mana than relic group heal), make a good portion of it only work against spells, AND make it not stack with a whole bunch of other spells.

Apples =/= oranges

ps. 18hr recast wat?

Last edited:
Ok, lets trade celestial well for zealous might too, haha it doesnt stack with yaulp 6 though sucker :haw:

You're right lets forget about having actual discussion and start guild drama in class/gear....

yes, this thread is detoriating, its quite obvious that everyone except miffy likes this spell just the way it is and miffy isnt about to change his opinion on the matter. Nothing new has been brought up in the last few posts. Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom