Paladins in Zero demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onadan said:
Alexandrious said:
Ive noticed that no endgame guilds want paladins, I do random who all paladin checks constantly, and either its a very low pop class or alot of em are Anon all the time.

Should I even bother leveling Pally up to 65 and earn AAs? Its the only class I ever play in all the mmos ive played in, first starting with EQLive of course.

<3 Paladins

We'd love to have a High Elf Paladin :v:

Charm resistance can come in handy at certain times.

Dont all paladins get a stance at 45 that makes them immune to Fear Mez and Charm effects anyway? As for aggro holding I use an old trick I learned from EQlive to keep the mob on me, only fails if it gets resisted otherwise I chain stun and flash.

westdragon said:
honestly no hybrids and mages were ever needed endgame aside from buffs, but they espcially sucked back in the day with the exp penalties and nerfed mana pools no unuiqe buffs ect. They have come along way. If you want to be useful play a useful class

True to some point. But if you mention both knights and mages: they go together very well!
As mages don't have any jolt (concussion), they may prefer a tank, who can keep agro better than a warrior :p
(Also paladins have sweet 96% rez :D)
I have never played a paladin, just warrior and shadow knight, but I think that sk is much more fun. I presume it's the same with paladins, since they have a variety of spells.

PS: I think that many groups still prefer wizards over mages, but our dps with max crit aas and searfire can be better than damage of a wizard with a bit less aas, especially if the wizard doesn't have all his spells yet. Imo.

I can tank castle Allie =( Now youre just trying to hurt my feelings.

:D play a paladin. Its a rare class and im sure it will get some working from wiz and the crew in the future.
I have often thaught about playing a paladin even tho i know they arnt in high demand atm.

Are you freakin serious :mad: ?? I'm playing my Pally for nothing?? ;(
I played a super pally on live and it was starting to look like they are better here than on live..
except for the high resist with the chain stuns. Hmmm... any plans to make them more desire-ba-ble? :sadf:

Puhutes78 said:
Are you freakin serious :mad: ?? I'm playing my Pally for nothing?? ;(
I played a super pally on live and it was starting to look like they are better here than on live..
except for the high resist with the chain stuns. Hmmm... any plans to make them more desire-ba-ble? :sadf:

It's only in the top-top-end that Paladins are lacking, and this will be addressed long before you make it there.

I just hit 16 tonight, and let me say - thus far its as smooth as eggs; i can even take yellows with ease :O Mmmm gnome paladins.

In most of my groups with a Paladin I've enjoyed the fact that they can tank, but also patch heal - I find this very useful in saving my life/the primary healers mana.

I just hit 16 tonight, and let me say - thus far its as smooth as eggs; i can even take yellows with ease :O Mmmm gnome paladins.

As smooth as eggs you say? Well you can't argue with that.

<scurries off to make a Gnomish Paladin>

I play Balthor, 65 Paladin with only 118ish AAs... pretty low for most end-game tanks I imagine, and he's awesome, but only because he has all that fancy prison gear and stuff. Most of the paladins (and there haven't been many) that I've grouped with on other characters weren't very useful mostly because of their gear, not their abilities and such. I'm not going to complain about fixing paladins, changes would be much appreciated =) But maybe there can be a few paladin-only items from raid mobs... sure it would piss everyone else off, but it will force paladins to get upgrades over the more favored SKs and warriors.

Korinth said:
But maybe there can be a few paladin-only items from raid mobs... sure it would piss everyone else off, but it will force paladins to get upgrades over the more favored SKs and warriors.
This is the same idea as in the relic thread... why dont people want to rely on a competent raid leader to make good and fair decisions (taking merit, dkp, or whatever you use) into account instead of "forcing" loots for people to get (or that may end up rotting / getting sold because no one wants/needs it)?

While I would like to see class-based (and not archetype) armor sets, quested or dropped, in the high end game, just giving paladins (or whichever) better gear than the rest of the classes isnt going to do much for balance. If Wiz says there are changes coming soon, they will be much better than any item drops.

Paladins are awesome. I love playing my pally when I play but I also agree they need something. That being said play whatever makes u tingly in ur pants.

There are a few encounters that Ruin busts out a pally for specifically. Their ability to heal their group, and the effectivness of their AE aggro makes them very very well suited for encounters with adds that need to be tanked quickly. Not to mention its nice to have a high elven paladin on charm mobs.

westdragon said:
If you want to be useful play a useful class

This seems vastly oversimplified...Every class is useful in some way - are they unique? Maybe not - certain classes are unique and needed, and others are typically replaceable. But all classes are useful.

~Melchizidek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom