Pallys and the lacking

Clearly it's a vampire plot to overthrow FWF as top guild by infiltrating the ranks with sword looting monks...

I would like to add the flash of light and other blind spells cause mobs to flee in some zones. I don't know why casting blind in Fire Grotto doesn't cause mobs to run away but in the murk it does? I've had atleast 4 epic battles where a blind feared mob summoned me through the floor as we fought to the death falling thorugh space and time.

I would love if Flame of light or another spell replaced blind would be desireable.

I know that Blind is a fear but for the sake of it being paladins agro I assume thats why the fear effect on paladins blind was removed in most instances. Just with the arrival of some new zones in iki it seems as though fear still works.

And that being the strat in some fights is that intended or a bug?

You used to be able to use it to fear the eye fight in Plane of Entropy - to awesomely bad results.

edit: you probably still can!

Taraztu's Healing Flames
Blessing of Malath
Touch of Vitality
Ethereal Cleansing/Runic 1(when I get it)
Blinding Light
Wave of Light
Word of the Crusader/Words of Thunder
Shout of Agony/Flame of Light

This is my spell set up. Shout is situational and Flame of light is my likely choice for my 8th spell slot now. I can admit that that little extra hate this spell provides now is very useful. I have noticed a difference already. Thank you Zaela.

Also I don't run Remedy. I find the healing ability on the spell is terrible for the mana cost. More then twice the heal power for 120 more mana? Yeah I will stick with Touch. You can argue that Remedy will allow you to heal more because of the lower cast time but a cast speed item has no effect on Remedy.

I would actually agree with Apros on something here. Divine Stun should = Unresistable. Divine Stun is not an insane amount of aggro and it would give paladins something to work with to add to Flame of Light on magic immune mobs. Other then that........Paladins are ok in my eyes. We were never meant to be the best tanks out there.

Maybe lower the stamina drain on /s4 a little bit so we can mitigate some raid boss content for a little longer. Hell 20 more seconds of stance 4 on a 4 minute fight? That would be big. Right now stance 4 doesn't last me near a whole boss fight. By the end of a fight I have regen'd 40% of my stamina back for crying out loud.

Anyways thats my 2cents.

You used to be able to use it to fear the eye fight in Plane of Entropy - to awesomely bad results.

edit: you probably still can!

You can also do it on the adulterer fight, with the people that drop the goops, and you have to range dps them. Makes the goops have weird positions, though, but while they are "feared" they don't drop the goops! Prolly one of my favorite fights in the game, because it's really nice for rangers :p

Maybe lower the stamina drain on /s4 a little bit so we can mitigate some raid boss content for a little longer. Hell 20 more seconds of stance 4 on a 4 minute fight? That would be big. Right now stance 4 doesn't last me near a whole boss fight. By the end of a fight I have regen'd 40% of my stamina back for crying out loud.
Wouldn't toggling in and out of /s 4 to spend that stamina probably give you like 20 more seconds?

What Titanis said. And yes I still toggle in and out of stance 4 but the drain is so fast that if I stance 4 with 20% stamina it's gone so fast it's like I shouldn't of bothered.

You can also do it on the adulterer fight, with the people that drop the goops, and you have to range dps them. Makes the goops have weird positions, though, but while they are "feared" they don't drop the goops! Prolly one of my favorite fights in the game, because it's really nice for rangers :p

Now that is a good strat leak.

What Titanis said. And yes I still toggle in and out of stance 4 but the drain is so fast that if I stance 4 with 20% stamina it's gone so fast it's like I shouldn't of bothered.

Well, you have no worn acumen. Do you at least use regen and spell acumen? I have all 3 of these and have no issues with running out of stamina using stance 4 if I toggle every ~20 seconds.

A long time ago Cyzaine and I had a conversations about Pally upper end because of things like this, and one idea we came up with was a line of pally spells that were HIGH mana cost and decent aggro, reason being since your heals were so good if you wanted to tank you had to sacrifice the good healing aspect of your class for balance purposes. So you could choose to either be healing or tanking but not both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom