Platinum Band of Shojar

huey

Dalayan Elder
Instead of bumping an old thread...

mjwp7a.jpg

Can anyone post the current melee one, if its this one I am pretty sad. Its like a clone of horseshits ring with -2 aggr swapped for 1 crit and 1 aggr :psyduck:

This. Instead of a straight drop from a boss (and one of, if not the first one you come across in said zone as far as the ring being used for comparison) (but really even the clicky from lt fire has more hps at least) you need a straight drop from a boss, a rarish trash drop, a drop from a trash that there's only one of, a ground spawn in the harder side of the zone, and a good jewelcrafter. (apologies if that's too much info....say the word and it can be edited out I guess) It's not a bad ring at all, but considering everything needed to make it happen, imo it's really pretty disappointing when comparing it to anything else someone of similar tier would be using. (I can't speak for the other versions, as I don't know them and wouldn't be familiar enough with other rings for comparison anyway.) (and that is the current melee one btw)

I agree, it is a bit disappointing for melee and I don't feel particularly inspired to complete it

Maybe if it was Valiance VIII and Aggression -1

I personally like the aggression being a monk (making it neg 1 would make it even worse for me, heh), as it helps situationally, and doesn't matter otherwise, but I do see the point. I figured I should have added some kind of suggestion for it in the OP, but there are lots of ways you could fix it, better valiance or hp maybe being the most obvious choices. Maybe some + offense like the tmap quest ear?

i understnad all of this BUT isn't it nice that you can just say oh i don't want that loot as a melee may as well just pass on the quest pieces to a tank? do you have to want every quest reward?!!!

i understnad all of this BUT isn't it nice that you can just say oh i don't want that loot as a melee may as well just pass on the quest pieces to a tank? do you have to want every quest reward?!!!

well I mean this is why I didn't post anything about it before because your argument sounded so nice and I was like huh okay yeah I don't need every reward but when someone else posts about it I mean I agree so

Yes.

Well, the trash piece drops enough that the tanks could all have one too (they might have them for all I remember!). The other drop that I would get is class-type specific iirc (i.e. I wouldn't ask for the tank class drop obviously, and have no control over which one drops or if they drop at all). I like quests. I don't get to do spell ones (well not on my main anyway, heh) If there's a quest I can do for my class-type why not? I'm confused. It's not like I was complaining that melee needed to be added to something. I just think the reward doesn't match the difficulty in comparison with other stuff. I'm sure I'll get hammered on this, but I think I miss your point. Sorry if I made it sound too much like a complaint?

The rings are class based so that doesn't really work. if a melee ring drops someone should want it!

oh.. well right now they are allAll but maybe that will probably change in the future who knows the vicissitudes of woldaff

oh.. well right now they are allAll but maybe that will probably change in the future who knows the vicissitudes of woldaff

No slaar.

The ring that drops from the actual mob to make the ring is class based; the equippable ring is indeed all/aal

so a caster could make the warrior version of the ring and use it?

Also that ring is terrible I would never see myself using it.

so a caster could make the warrior version of the ring and use it?

Also that ring is terrible I would never see myself using it.

Actually yeah. I don't think there would be anything in place to stop another class type from gettng a different class type one done (not that it would get awarded that way). The initial ring drop is class type specific, but that only really gives an indication of what the end result will be.

It's not a bad ring. It just isn't any better than others you can get from doing similar to the first step involved with this one. It's kinda like taking 2 or 3 hours to cook a meal and having it taste the same as one you microwave for a minute and a half. This ring should taste better since you have to put more effort into cooking it imo.

Back
Top Bottom