Policy Questions Thread

"Bring that one specific class and you can skip the entire clear. Do not bring it and you have to clear" totally sounds reasonable. Right. (NO IT DOESN'T!!!)

"Bring that one specific class and you can skip the entire clear. Do not bring it and you have to clear" totally sounds reasonable. Right. (NO IT DOESN'T!!!)
Don't bring an FD class to clear spires trash and wipe until the end of time... Seems legit to me. If a particular class has an advantage through skillset to advance his group, that should be allowed. Otherwise, I agree with Tevinter & Vitali, the trigger should be coded differently.

Don't bring an FD class to clear spires trash and wipe until the end of time....

"Bring that one specific class and you can skip the entire clear. Do not bring it and you have to clear"

The difference between these is that one involves clearing.

I know you were trying to set up your argument for utilizing classes, but that's not the point here. Many, if not all, classes can be utilized in some way to bend or break the rules in some way, the point is about the rules.

Spirit of the Law vs literal interpretation...

I don't see a violation if he was able to skip pulls because of his improved invis/sneak and it actually makes a specific mention to Monks abilities but not Rogues. It doesn't say "Rogues can sneak past stuff but they can only do it to scout." Still seems valid with him spawning a boss for his group if he was able to kill the mob himself but then again the whole server could say it isn't a violation and it wouldn't change shit and even if it did they can't give your back lost playtime.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to add that to the policy if that is really how rogues were intended to play with stealth.

Some mechanics are particularly abusable however. Generally, yes, we try to account for things when coding an encounter, but believe me, it is nearly impossible to consider every possible scenario. In the case of the spawn in question, there is a specific mechanic that made it ridiculously easy to bypass intended content. As slaar mentioned, please, please ask if something seems not right ("hey, is it ok we can bypass the trash most people have to clear by having a sufficiently powerful rogue walk past them and trigger the encounter?") We'd much rather address it then and fix it if need be.

On the plus side, we've made changes to make this more in line with the intent of said encounter. The mechanics are similar, with hopefully less exploitability. But seriously, it's better just to ask if it seems questionable.

First Rule of Raiding/6man. Content Skipping is illegal. GRANTED it is wrong that the mob ports the group and not the aggro list, and it does give the wrong impression. Even so, I know how it was done, and I knew it COULD be done, and i also knew that it bordered on the line of content skipping. I ain't saying it was clear, but I haven ever been jailed and plan never to be jailed. When I saw said setup first thought to hit me was, Jailable.

First Rule of Raiding/6man. Content Skipping is illegal. GRANTED it is wrong that the mob ports the group and not the aggro list, and it does give the wrong impression. Even so, I know how it was done, and I knew it COULD be done, and i also knew that it bordered on the line of content skipping. I ain't saying it was clear, but I haven ever been jailed and plan never to be jailed. When I saw said setup first thought to hit me was, Jailable.
Sadly, too many players seem to think (at least lately), "hey let's take advantage until they catch us.", not "let's make sure this is legal." While I agree, making some trash just see through rogue hide/sneak would have certainly prevented this, you just had to know that skipping all the trash this way was a for sure exploit, that would get you in trouble.

you just had to know that skipping all the trash this way was a for sure exploit, that would get you in trouble.
I disagree in this particular case that it was clear that it was an "exploit". For myself at least, the idea that the method used could/would be considered content skipping was not even in my mind. That's how sure i was that we were in the right...

Now that its been discussed, I understand that it is not the developers intent and can see both perspectives.

is running past 4.1/4.2 to port to 4.3 illegal? or having a rogue sneak past the mobs in 3 to port your group into 4?

is running past 4.1/4.2 to port to 4.3 illegal? or having a rogue sneak past the mobs in 3 to port your group into 4?

I'd imagine that the rouge sneak is. If 4.1/4.2 don't aggro you nprrmally, then it'd fall under the content you can skip afaik.

I'd imagine the rogue sneaking would be. Since 4.1/4.2 don't agro I don't see walking past them as a problem. But your prolly looking for more official confirmation.

can an offical SoD staff member please verify if running past 4.2 and just porting into 4.3 is legal or not or literally anything relating to it

Back
Top Bottom