Policy Questions Thread

Question about the Three Boxing Rule

Kind of new here, and had some questions about the Three Boxing Rule. I did a search already and didn't see anything turn up.

I read and understand the rules, so I usually dual box. My question is, I'm trying to tempt my boyfriend into playing with me. We live together, have different computers, but use the same service provider (IP). Would I still be able to dual box and have him play with, or would that be considered three boxing as it would be 3 accounts on the same IP playing at the same time?

Just want to clarify =)

Thanks!

Hi! my girlfriend and i play sod together all the time, and we 4 box often. Simply put each PERSON is allowed to play two accounts at one time. If a gm/dev/admin has a question as to whether or not you are three boxing, they may ask you to perform a test (this involves simply proving that it's two people at the keyboard rather than one person by moving around independently one each other, nothing to be nervous about). so happy sodding!

It is always interesting to see the big red flag when there's an SoD LAN party.

If it's actually two of you and neither of you is playing more than 2 characters, then you have nothing to worry about.

Is any dev able to reconfirm the rules on the tot epic turn in? A while back I recall a number of people wanting to join our raids for the purpose and know we eventually got some dev/gm to confirm that all they had to do was ask for our permission and if we did not care they could use the well after we killed it regardless or being in the raid. I cannot remember what dev said it was ok, nor do I have logs to check and i'm failing hard at finding any post about it.

Pretty sure you have to be part of the raid to do your turn in.

Loot Reward Rights-

Those in the raid force who have actively helped achieve the raid objective are those who lay claims to loot gained by that raid. This goes for quest items, regular equipment and even quest flags/turn ins achieved from that raid.

Is any dev able to reconfirm the rules on the tot epic turn in? A while back I recall a number of people wanting to join our raids for the purpose and know we eventually got some dev/gm to confirm that all they had to do was ask for our permission and if we did not care they could use the well after we killed it regardless or being in the raid. I cannot remember what dev said it was ok, nor do I have logs to check and i'm failing hard at finding any post about it.

That was nixed as I recall. Kaz's flamescar was revoked as a result.

If they are part of the raid pretty sure its all well and good.

That was nixed as I recall. Kaz's flamescar was revoked as a result.

If they are part of the raid pretty sure its all well and good.

This was done well after this kazimir being owned, previous to this time in giggly the spirit would refuse to give you the turn in if you did not have a flag you got from killing high chieftain that night(Boca flipped the fuck out in exodus over this), however one day we noticed that flag disappeared when some other guild had some dude who was camped out log in after they entered well and take the turn in leading to us asking what exactly the requirements were.

Had a question regarding a player stating "need" when an item dropped, winning the roll, then selling the said "needed" item at a later time. A [bind if equip] item in fact, therefore being the fact they never used the item or had no need for it, simply looting for greed. Whether doing this was an offense under rule 6. player conduct or on the first post where you said "general douchebaggery" and whether or not it is punishable?

Last edited:
General douchebaggery. I probably wouldn't punish this specific instance from a staffer perspective - not because it isn't wrong; but because I prefer to let the playerbase, which is small and pretty interconnected, police itself.

If this player continues to make bad decisions, he might find that nobody wants to group with him. Ever again. He might also find that while we may not actively police minor douchebaggery, we won't be so kind after we've heard a few such reports.

So, if you like, go ahead and report it. Even if we don't take an active role in sorting things out, the guy will have another tick on his name.

I understand your view, but I feel like out of all the players. If I said something in /ooc. (which I haven't) It would only bring flame and heat back to my name. and why should I suffer for trying to warn other people and just seek justice. It might just make it harder for me to find groups if I /ooc'd. I would rather just not group with the person again than to bring flame back to me.

Mainly, because I don't have 100% proof that the player didn't kill the mob again. The selling happened 8 hours after. Except I know the player never put the item on after winning the item. Logged without putting it on (an hour or so after the roll happened). the player also suicide gated to bind after group, so they would have had to run all that way back to the monster. If it was need, they would have put the item on when he got it. But the possibility is there that they logged on, immediately got a group who stated they were killing the same thing, and so they delayed putting it on. Put the item on their box after they killed and had 2. Possible, but not likely

Last edited:
Announcing bad behavior in /ooc isn't necessary for other players to hear about said person's bad behavior. I'm sure there were other people in your group. You will group with other people in the future. The other people in your group will group with other people in the future. Word of mouth tends to be pretty powerful in this game.

I understand your view, but I feel like out of all the players. If I said something in /ooc. (which I haven't) It would only bring flame and heat back to my name. and why should I suffer for trying to warn other people and just seek justice. It might just make it harder for me to find groups if I /ooc'd. I would rather just not group with the person again than to bring flame back to me.

Mainly, because I don't have 100% proof that the player didn't kill the mob again. The selling happened 8 hours after. Except I know the player never put the item on after winning the item. Logged without putting it on (an hour or so after the roll happened). the player also suicide gated to bind after group, so they would have had to run all that way back to the monster. If it was need, they would have put the item on when he got it. But the possibility is there that they logged on, immediately got a group who stated they were killing the same thing, and so they delayed putting it on. Put the item on their box after they killed and had 2. Possible, but not likely

Players can link what they are replacing or group leader can use fomelo if you are concerned about it in the future.

Btw, I think that Allielyn meant that you could petition it, not that you should out him in /ooc.

Fald

I remember reading a thread about macroing a little while ago but for some reason I can't find it now - could someone clarify if a macro that spams mining or fishing is legal if I am ATTENDED? Or do I have to literally press the button?

On a side note, if it is legal, does anyone know of a program that will do it? :p or how to make autohotkey work with EQ?

I remember reading a thread about macroing a little while ago but for some reason I can't find it now - could someone clarify if a macro that spams mining or fishing is legal if I am ATTENDED? Or do I have to literally press the button?

On a side note, if it is legal, does anyone know of a program that will do it? :p or how to make autohotkey work with EQ?

Attended macroing is legal, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT EMPLOY AN 3rd PARTY PROGRAM. So using ingame social macros is fine as long as you are looking at your screen ever so often, using 3rd party programs will get you banned faster then you can say "Wow thats an awesome tool there!".

Attended macroing is legal, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT EMPLOY AN 3rd PARTY PROGRAM. So using ingame social macros is fine as long as you are looking at your screen ever so often, using 3rd party programs will get you banned faster then you can say "Wow thats an awesome tool there!".

is there a way to macro mining with in-game tools? or fishing for more than 5 clicks?

and no other proggies at all? not even like a G15 keyboard macro that hits "1" every 30 seconds? the passcode thingie would keep me from going afk would it not?

Last edited:
No.
No.
No.
No.
I would hope it would, but that's a hypothetical situation anyway. It's not allowed.

(edit: woops, forgot to include a "No." to answer the fourth question)

No.
No.
No.
No.
I would hope it would, but that's a hypothetical situation anyway. It's not allowed.

(edit: woops, forgot to include a "No." to answer the fourth question)

can I build a tiny little robot and program it to spam the key?

Tao, you are saying we cannot use the in-game social macro to attempt fishing five times?

Edit: yes I know you said No a hundred times... sorry to be dense but this would be a big change.

Tao, you are saying we cannot use the in-game social macro to attempt fishing five times?

Edit: yes I know you said No a hundred times... sorry to be dense but this would be a big change.

re-read to what he said no.

Back
Top Bottom