procs and how they happen

xxx said:
how do procs work ?

do they have a percentage 2 proc ?

Did you even read the original post?

seferon said:
Listed below are all the slots currently in game that have a chance to proc an effect when a certain requirement is met. Each of these are how they happen but each item has a set percentage for how often it will go off.

Ponden said:
So detrimental bracer proc only procs on detrimental spell casts. And beneficial bracer procs only on Beneficial spell casts.

What about Restore Warder on the beast thurg quest bracer. It says combat but is a beneficial spell. Does that mean it only procs on heals and the like cast during combat?

dedruid said:
What about Restore Warder on the beast thurg quest bracer. It says combat but is a beneficial spell. Does that mean it only procs on heals and the like cast during combat?

I've had my bst Thurg bracer proc without casting any sort of heal. Pretty sure it's any spell gives it the chance

I don't know if this is intended, but i proc'd my chest (The acid one from guk) with auto attack off and only DS on. My Damage shield hit and my chest proced.

DunnO!

Shamonk said:
I don't know if this is intended, but i proc'd my chest (The acid one from guk) with auto attack off and only DS on. My Damage shield hit and my chest proced.

DunnO!

Chest items proc when you get hit.

my tmap bracer that procs rune II procs when i get hit with DS on.
I let skrig the toadie ph kill himself while not attacking and eating DS and it proced several times.
Although I was given no spell casted message !
I received in my combat window " a Goblin has hit you but you magical shield absorbed the damage " .
It also proc's with spell message when I spam dragonforged helm clicky.
I can only assume its the damage shield making it proc with no cast message.

Pax

Last edited:
Possibly. If you have any form of damage reduction, that drops enemy damage below 1, you'll also get that magic shield message.

...Each of these are how they happen but each item has a set percentage for how often it will go off...

So for weapons that proc, that sounds like it means a set percentage chance to proc per swing - Therefore, when looking at the same weapon - the more you swing, the more you proc (on average), yes?

Also, does a double (or triple) attack have its own chance to trigger a proc?

Thanks

Last edited:
On the former, no, because proc chance is normalized based on weapon delay. Slower weapons have a higher than base chance to proc per swing, faster weapons have a lower than base chance to proc per swing, so over a period of time, to weapons with the same proc chance but 2 different delays, should proc about the same amount.

On the former, no, because proc chance is normalized based on weapon delay. Slower weapons have a higher than base chance to proc per swing, faster weapons have a lower than base chance to proc per swing, so over a period of time, to weapons with the same proc chance but 2 different delays, should proc about the same amount.

I think the question was more related to the effect of haste. Using "the same weapon", will increased haste caused increased procs over time?

Rune 2 bracer that proc's randomly when casting was driving me nuts. It took me awhile to figure out that the rune proc was eating my Soul Bind instead of the raego I was casting. Just a warning if you have this bracer, take it off before casting a SB spell.

I have that rune 2 bracer on my bard, had it for a long long time and have never seen it proc.

Any ideas on bard songs which might act as spells and cause this thing to proc?

on the subject of bards but off the subject of this thread (sorry) would bard spells that take mana be effected by focus effects (casting increment 3) ?

no, but there is an aa now that decreases song cast time based on instrument type

it's based on having an instrument in, details can be found on the front page and in SoD discussion thread

What about back slots? how do they proc? what comes to mind is cry of vindication on the HoMisery warrior quest reward cloak. Any ideas?

What about back slots? how do they proc? what comes to mind is cry of vindication on the HoMisery warrior quest reward cloak. Any ideas?

I know shoulders proc whenslaming.

There is a ridiculous shoulder item from tmaps, that is RNG/ROG/SHM that have a proc.

But since it procs only with slam, it is only useful for Barbarian Rogues.

Back
Top Bottom