Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - Release Date 3/20/15

Monance

Dalayan Adventurer
Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor

I am here to tell you about our EverQuest Emulator Server, P2002. Here at P2002 we strive to emulate the best era of EverQuest, the Planes of Power. We have a motivated staff with the intention of releasing content in a timely manner to avoid congestion and stagnation of the server at all costs.

P2002 was launched on 20th of March, the Ruins of Kunark expansion followed on 19th of June. Besides that we have also launched Optional Odus Zones (The Warrens, Stonebrunt Mountains and the Hole), Shar Vahl and Shadeweaver’s Thicket (which means Vah’Shir and Beastlords are both available), the Nexus, the Bazaar and the Plane of Knowledge. The work on Velious has officially begun, and we are currently targeting a late autumn/early winter release date.

Our server is based on the Open Source Codebase started by EQMac Emu, which in turn originated with Project EQ and the EQ Emulator Community. Without their years of combined work this project would not be possible. Our gratitude goes out to everyone involved in getting the game to the point it is today.

If you want to find out more about the team and people behind this project, please visit http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=148

“The Vision”

P2002 is about playing in fairness, having fun, enjoying the quest for pixels and building a community. We promote a healthy competitive raid environment with a hands off GM approach. Much like the original Live Servers, we operate under a Free For All rule set and will only be enforcing EQLive's "Play Nice Policy". Guides are available to help people with petitions, but when it comes to raid and group content, it will be up to players to mediate and create their own resolutions to disputes.

We operate under a 3 box limit, we want this to be an equal opportunity server for all players. While we realize we can’t technically force people to be social and group with each other, there are experience mechanics in place that greatly encourage groups with more than 3 characters (not unlike the original Al’Kabor EverQuest Server).

We intend to gauge all GM released content (GM Events) to involve everyone, not just the end game raiding community. We have so far had a large launch event at server opening, and another large launch event when Kunark launched, and there are plans for future GM events already in the works.

Information on how to get started can be found here http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8

If you have any further questions that are not covered in our FAQ, feel free to open a thread on our General forums. We hope to see you in “our world” soon!

The P2002 staff

Last edited:

Is your link the complete install for the game? What else needs to be done because I can't get it to work. I launch eqw.ini as admin on win7 and the game launches in full screen to accept policy or decline and I cant use mouse or keyboard at all. Then I alt tab and the game crashes. I'll post this on their site but thought I'd ask here too.

Is your link the complete install for the game? What else needs to be done because I can't get it to work. I launch eqw.ini as admin on win7 and the game launches in full screen to accept policy or decline and I cant use mouse or keyboard at all. Then I alt tab and the game crashes. I'll post this on their site but thought I'd ask here too.

ok so the problem is that the eqini file has a bad resolution set that your monitor is having a problem with. just change that and it should work. (thats what i do to get on p99)

Did not work. I changed the below it still launches full screen somehow.

[VideoMode]
Width=600
Height=800
BitsPerPixel=16
RefreshRate=60

how is this better or worse than alkabor?

We work with a completely overhauled Database, and a FFA rule set. TAK, after a majority voted for community enforced rotation, basically implemented a bureaucratic GM enforced rotation. Our philosophy is to take a step back and focus purely on content development. We think that releasing content in a timely manner is more important than trying to police and "form" the community, which also takes a lot of effort.

Our goal is to emulate a Sony run server time locked at Planes of Power, with no GM intervention except for enforcement of the Play Nice Policy.

Did not work. I changed the below it still launches full screen somehow.

[VideoMode]
Width=600
Height=800
BitsPerPixel=16
RefreshRate=60

Did you download the files from my post or did you do your own custom installation?

We work with a completely overhauled Database, and a FFA rule set. TAK, after a majority voted for community enforced rotation, basically implemented a bureaucratic GM enforced rotation. Our philosophy is to take a step back and focus purely on content development. We think that releasing content in a timely manner is more important than trying to police and "form" the community, which also takes a lot of effort.

Our goal is to emulate a Sony run server time locked at Planes of Power, with no GM intervention except for enforcement of the Play Nice Policy.

Did you download the files from my post or did you do your own custom installation?

(im at work so im working off the top of the dome)

make sure you set true to starting in windowed mode.

------

tak server was a good and what ruined it for me was too many GMs sticking their noses in everything. If this is going to be the same w/o that then this server should be good.

Last edited:

We will launch on Friday 03/20/2015 at 5 PM EST / 2 PM PST / 10 PM GMT

There will be a Server launch event at 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST / 11 PM GMT which will be held in the Plane of Knowledge.

EDIT: Server Launch has been moved up to Midnight EST, the server launch event will still be held at 6 PM EST.

Last edited:
Hi everyone ! I just wanted to give you all a small update on what has been going on lately

Our server has introduced Hot Zones, to give the people who do not want to keep going to the same leveling spots some diversity. They will be rotating/switching ever so often, and their status can be reviewed here: ZEMS for this Server Project 2002

After completing our Loot Revamp prior to launching the server, numerous DB reworks have followed, and we can now say with confidence that we have the most accurate Database out there behind Project 1999.
We are currently in the process of revamping all Classic dungeon spawn groups, we are not happy with the state of many of them yet - Zones with higher ZEMs are being primarily targeted right now, but spawn groups for all Classic dungeons should be accurate by mid May, at latest.

Kunark is practically completed Database side and our main focus has shifted to getting all Kunark quests (especially Epics) ready for the Kunark Launch, and adding in Kunark specific code like Disciplines.
We are very confident in our launch date, which is targeted for Mid June. We will strive to launch Velious by the end of 2015, which seems like a realistic time line considering the effort everyone has been putting in.

The development of Content has been and will continue to be our main focus. We believe that many of the high end problems that an Emulator/EQ server has to deal with are due to drawn out development cycles.

Code wise Cavedude, Haynar and Torven have been working their collective butts off to bring us new code updates almost weekly, but a big thank you also goes out to all the testers who have made this possible by providing great feedback and bug reports.

Our player base is slowly and steadily growing, and we are very happy about what we have moved in the very short amount of time we have been working on this project. Despite boxing being allowed (our limit is 3 boxes online at a time) people have been very social and helpful.
Of course there will always be lone wolves who would rather do things on their own and in their own pace, but most people will drop their boxes for a real player when they get the chance to do so. At this point in time, the great majority of people are playing from US timezones, but we also have more and more European players signing up to join us lately.

On a progression note: Last week, Lord Nagafen was killed for the very first time, and last night Lady Vox, Noble Dojorn and PoF Golems were added to that list.

I just wanted to you hit you with a short update from the team:

Guise of the Deceiver will be removed next patch, on the other hand, the Hole and Stonebrunt Mountains will be opened.

We are now less than a month away from Kunark launch and I am happy to say we are looking in good shape for a mid June release! Epic quests will be available right off the bat, and there will be a big launch event, so be sure to sign up on our website for the latest development!

Edit: we have just set our launch date, we will launch Kunark on Friday, June 19th - There will be a Launch Event held at 7 PM EST, meet in the Plane of Knowledge for the continuation of Firiona's saga !

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=541

We hope to see you all there!
Lance

Last edited:
Kunark is out, release has been pretty smooth :) I have updated some information in the first and second post

it won't let me register?

When it asked for the name of the game, I used every way to say the name I could think and got rejected... rather have a normal question :p

Last edited:
When it first went up i checked it out, there were 60ish people on at a time iirc.

I kept getting a bug where my UIs would be unresponsive when I alt tabbed, made me stop eventually. Only bug I ran into though and it was probably on my end.

We are excited to announce that Velious will be released upon the completion of a Server-Wide event Friday December 18th at 7pm est.

All zones except for Plane of Mischeif will be available for play. PoM will be released mid-year with the later Velious revamps...Cazic Thule zone, PoHate floor two, and Cazic Thule the god and Dracolich.

We will be doing heavy quest testing right up until launch. The database will be completed next week.

Please keep in mind this is essentially a beta release and there most likely will be the occasional bug. This is why we have the forums and with your help we can make the gameplay as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your continued support!

See you there!

This is that jam.

I've currently leveled up a 60 cleric / 59 warrior / 58 beastlord. All will be 60 in the next day or so. It's everything I've ever wanted, and I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun. Look me up on Tape / Tapei / Kaeelar if you need some starter gear / plat to get you going!

So far, Arakan, Tseer, and a few other bros have hopped on this train. I've met some cool people over here as well, so this should definitely end up being a whole lot of fun =)

Last edited:
150-200 now at peak, but with boxing I'd say probably 75ish real people. When both guilds on this server are raiding, it can spike to the mid 200's. Surprisingly, even though you can 3box, most choose to just single or 2box at most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom