Project: New SOD Client

Discussion in 'Player Assisted Development' started by Builder Anubis, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:13 PM.

1. Builder Anubis

Builder Anubis Dalayan Beginner

Everyone,
    I am pleased to announce the early stages of a fresh Shards of Dalaya Client. This client will bring many new features. Several of these features will include a proper filter system. New Particles. appropriate stat reporting. Smoother FPS control for background FPS. And many more! If there are any current bugs you are aware of in the current client build that you feel need attention please report them here. Thank you in advance to everyone willing to help out with this project.

Builder Anubis

tinkaa likes this.
  2. Nwaij

Nwaij Game Master Staff Member

Okay lets establish a few ground rules here:
    1. This is a real thing. As in, this is happening. So be as kind and respectful here as you would be in any other thread where a dev asks for input.
    2. Do not troll this thread, unless you want a forum vacation.

3. Kedrin

Kedrin Dalayan Pious Diety

Anything that would bring zone times down would be pretty cool.

cornelweezy likes this.
  4. sabuti

sabuti Dalayan Elder

When your latency spikes for a few seconds, especially while raiding, the game doesn’t always catch up even after your ping has gone back down. This makes you see bosses at like 40% hp when they’re actually dead, and have no control over your character. The only fix is refreshing or relogging. FWIW I don’t ever remember this happening pre 2.5

5. Builder Anubis

Do you have a specific encounter that this happens often with? Also are there any other variables such as this only occurs if specific classes are using certain abilities. Trying to narrow down our possibilities. I’ll be sure to edit my above post to create a list for myself.

6. fxattack

fxattack Dalayan Elder

Armor can show up as any variety of random colors, or not appear to be equipped at all.
    Zoning after using the bandolier can cause you to appear to be holding items that you aren't actually holding.
    Buffs with a flashing icon are sometimes wildly off in their counters.

7. Kedrin

Kedrin Dalayan Pious Diety

Characters in zone not showing up for everyone in the group and/or zone is also a problem that happens a great deal.

8. Masuriya

Masuriya Dalayan Elder

Just out of curiosity, what client will this be using? I had a UI I liked back on the old client as pictured but I can't find a good parallel here unfortunately. ThaNks!

[​IMG]

Tevinter likes this.
  9. Valv

Valv Dalayan Elder

The last tick of Hots, dots, and buffs in general I think, not lasting the last tick.

tinkaa likes this.
  10. Thade

Thade DINOSAUR THADE

SoD is seriously lacking in some sort of system to track people who buy characters or gold. These people should be punished and permanently banned for their transgressions, any chance you could make something like this? Especially people who buy characters from people in the depths of addiction, they're doing a great disservice to the server and the world as a whole.

Tevinter and Masuriya like this.
  11. cornelweezy

cornelweezy Dalayan Elder

Can we get more AAs, a wider range of equipment graphics, and that 9th spell gem slot please and thank you

tinkaa likes this.
  12. Orcus

Orcus Dalayan Adventurer

Still getting a 3 second lag on bard run songs, not sure if its the client or what but it still exists.

13. Builder Anubis

All these tools become possible but at Content developers discretion. I will post some graphics in the future. Not graphics of in game content but just the possibility of these graphics.

cornelweezy likes this.
  14. Gargate

Gargate Dalayan Elder

I don't know if it's been covered but sometimes when doing tradeskill combines it bugs out, saying you haven't learned the recipe yet. So far the fix is to duck and unduck. Similar bug when trading.

15. Gargate

Gargate Dalayan Elder

Also near as I can tell our current client can support an additional 10 buff slots. With all the new items casting short buffs on yourself and from other players that have group buffs going off it eats up slots and plenty of times a vah back or another important clicky has been wasted due to current limitations.

If it's a newer client that supports larger bag sizes and the two additional inventory slots for bags that would be amazing.

16. Paxit

Paxit Dalayan Elder

How long would it take to get a new client working ? Would you need testers ?

The tradeskill bug seems to have been addressed or at least partially cleared up I dont see it happening much anymore doing alchemy.

Most of us remember the pains of 2.5 transition and the length we had to deal with raids and groups bugged to the point of keyboard slamming. There are still some lingering bugs with groups as result of the fixes like bumping players down the group list as you invite new players to a group and leaving groups can cause players to not receive xp which pretty much makes the group have to reform although in raids you can move players around in locked format to remake groups but for solo groups its still an issue.

Could mounts be used in the newer client ?
    What about things like weapon/armor ornaments to customize particles etc ?
    A more in depth title system for character names ?
    Shit can the boats they suck and replace them with transport npc's :)

17. Bonk84

Bonk84 Dalayan Elder

They last the right amount of ticks from what I've seen, it's just where they fall on the global tick timer (between 0 to 6 seconds). As a druid, this is why I see a timer for ghot fall between 36 and 41 seconds for the duration. You could cast the HoT and it hit right when it lands, or up to 5 seconds later. However if we could possibly smooth this out for all hots/dots and make it consistent that'd be nice.

Gargate and tinkaa like this.
  18. Builder Anubis

To answer your question yes when I feel
    The client is in a good position and I’ve done my own dalaya testing I will want to encourage others to come on over and test the client. I think you will like what you experience. We all want a smooth transition and the best way for that is through cooperation. Report your findings and experiences in this thread. This new client offers a new range of possibilities including mounts titles particles etc.

fxattack likes this.
  19. Otcho

Otcho Dalayan Pious Diety

I just hope to not crash every 3-4 zones and that those people with the weird packet loss issues can actually play if they want to.

20. Builder Anubis

Seeing as we have players from all around the world, when testing is ready I would like to see from all those regions. I’ll be updating my primary post today with bucket list of issues that have been reported.