Project: New SOD Client

Discussion in 'Player Assisted Development' started by Builder Anubis, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Swight

Swight Dalayan Adventurer

Forgot a few
    certain merchants will zero out your plat until you refresh. charm merchants are the worst for this though it can happen at other merchants

after interacting with a merchant you can not trade with other toons til you duck and unduck

Rifts in MOP are still using giant human models even in steam client

Negative HP items and food are not handled properly at all.

Buffs being removed can drop a low level HP to below 0

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. Gargate

Gargate Dalayan Elder

If its possible to look into what causes some people lag on Blazewind that would be great. If its something in the client, the script, or just add a PoF:B with nothing in it but Blazewind.

The fight it's self isn't even tough but the lag that kicks in for almost a third of the people in the raid when puddles start dropping is the killer. I'm personally not affected by the lag but plenty are.

In Eternity we found that killing most of the zone fixed the lag issue. Similar weird lag spike for some during worm phase on Gru'Niet Tribe.

3. Builder Anubis

Builder Anubis Dalayan Beginner

I will work the right parties to see if we can use this as a test would you mind sending me a direct message about what stages of the encounter you have seen this lag.

4. Swight

another current client bug would be rogue disarm trap does not work.

I am cautiously optimistic about the new client. hoping it will open up some more ui customization options among other things.

5. Draeos

Draeos Dalayan Elder

Blazewind lags because its written in QST it will always lag as long as its written in QST or we upgrade to a super server or put pofire on its own less super server. There is a half rewrite of blazewind sitting on the server in LUA but the fight would never be the same written that way according to marza hence it was never finished.

Also just curious Xerokine what are your qualifications/experience that you think you can push this game onto a new client? Far as i can tell your server has not even been around for a year nor do i see anything in the eqemu change log pushed by you, and the change logs for your server all seem like super simple stuff. So if you could like just give us a glimpse and alleviate the ptsd that is the last couple client upgrades that'd be great thanks

Melodico likes this.
  6. Swight

I would be slightly interested to look at that to see if it is really a language thing or just poorly optimized code.I have no experience with either of those languages I have experience in a few others. The never be the same line sounds like it is probably wrong to me unless QST has a really language specific feature seems more likely that was referring to the particular way it was being coded in lua at the time but in programming there are several ways to get to the same result. Could be a challege though since I can't find much of anything on QST on google so pretty much no reference if I came to something unknown.

7. Draeos

Draeos Dalayan Elder

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5262 first result on google. Its a custom scripting language for OLD OLD Eqemu think WR days before raid fights like blazewind ware even a thought. To get any real idea how it compiles and executes the scripts youll have to find and pull a eqemu source around the 5.3dr2 era. I believe they put it in around 4.4? Also keep in mind im sure 20 different sod devs have had there hands into it and im sure its bloated as fuck.

Edit: Found it for you https://sourceforge.net/projects/eqemu/files/OldFiles/EQEmu_0.5.3DR2-ZP.zip/download

by the way this is what SoD was first based off this is where WR was when it left eqemu

Whopperfoo likes this.
  8. Swight

thanks for the info. may check it out if I get bored. didn't know QST was eq specific so that lead to my search being much less effective.

Whopperfoo likes this.
  9. Valv

Valv Dalayan Elder

Make auto follow not suck/useless

Daffie and Kedrin like this.
  10. Marza

Marza *Unfortunately a Developer*

There might be a little more to blame for the lag during that fight than JUST QST, although I would say the inefficiencies of that scripting language are a major culprit. I am not sure how useful it would be to look at the old version of QST that eqemu use to house given the fact that SoD greatly expanded on it after it branched off.

Also the rewrite was being done by someone other than me which is the only reason why I said what I said about it. It would be difficult for someone who didn't write the fight to rewrite it without something being at least a little different.

Daffie likes this.
  11. Haynar

Haynar Dalayan Adventurer

What is the new client being used?

It usually goes back to similar issues with all the other client upgrades. Changing clients will not magically fix existing bugs. And if you dont understand the underlying issues. You just make more bugs.

Changing clients is not trivial.

Good luck.

H

12. Builder Anubis

There will be a very deep level of testing before any kind of release is implemented. Everyone will have the opportunity to test it themselves as well. When such a time does arrive there will be time to report and experienced bugs concerns or suggestions.

13. Meeil

Meeil Dalayan Elder

a know a few of us do UI changes as well. if a few of us could be included to help speed up that process, that would be great!

14. Builder Anubis

When we get to that point I will be more than happy to have your input as well as any tweaks you feel we could accomplish. Thank you for your support.

15. Swight

QST seems to be too poorly documented for me to learn all the stuff needed to look at Blazewind. Looks like documentation used to exist but the websites that contained it no longer exist. The tutorial that was linked in this thread doesn't cover anywhere near all of it and is probably just barely enough to maybe write an NPC with effectively no combat script. Perl and Lua seem to have much better documentation of the EQ specific stuff, maybe I will look into learning some more about them and see if I can make something else fun.

16. Gargate

Gargate Dalayan Elder

Worth a shot to try the way back machine or other similar sites to get an archive of the sites with the qst documents.

17. Nwaij

Nwaij Developer Staff Member

This is for your own protection, trust me in that!

Builder Anubis likes this.
  18. Builder Anubis

Update:
    Made some progress on applying a Tome menu which I know everyone has always wanted instead of having to shuffle back and fourth from a web browser or /cmd tomes. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

Whopperfoo, Lenox, marshak and 3 others like this.
  19. Dev-Cole

Dev-Cole Developer Staff Member

20. Builder Anubis

Over Cap on Resistances displaying correctly.
    [​IMG]