Project: New SOD Client

Discussion in 'Player Assisted Development' started by Builder Anubis, Jun 10, 2019.

1. lemonhead

lemonhead Dalayan Beginner

How about changing item/armor/weapon boxes? I loved the old ones. It felt like I was wearing a thing. Now it feels like I'm wearing a very poorly designed, hard to read spreadsheet.

I'm sure it's difficult to change, more likely impossible. And I don't know what the regulars think, just a thought.

donfolstar3 likes this.
  2. Daneries-Auzrial

Daneries-Auzrial Dalayan Beginner

Im loving the new Test Client / Quick-Swap. Ive never had FPS like this and i am now zoning 2-3x faster. This definitely will help with the boxing issues ive had before, thank you.

Builder Anubis and ynnear like this.
  3. Builder Anubis

Builder Anubis Dalayan Beginner

I am Glad I was able to assist you. Feel free to leave feedback how things feel for you from patch to patch. Thanks again.

marshak likes this.
  4. ynnear

ynnear Dalayan Elder

5. Builder Anubis

Builder Anubis Dalayan Beginner

can you show me an example of what you mean?

6. marshak

marshak Dalayan Beginner

Have been using the client for a bit over a week now on my laptop... I never had any significant gameplay issues and <100 ping times so didn't have any complaints with the original client. With that said, there has been a noticeable decrease in load time and zone time. Only issue I've run across so far is that on the occasion using right mouse click to interact with an object won't work, or is delayed (vendor, corpse, items in inventory, trade window). I haven't been able to consistently replicate this, or notice any ping spikes when it happens.

Builder Anubis likes this.