PSO:BB (Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst) private server?

mirri

Dalayan Beginner
Anyone know of a running one? I ask because the maker of the original PSO private server, Schthack, won't be making a BB server :( Blue Burst is essentially the same game with better artwork and all the episodes. The original PC version of PSO was only episode 2, and was only released in Asia.

And quite frankly, the game isn't worth shelling out $9/mo, as it's NOT an MMO per se, but rather an Online RPG.

Now, if someone knows of a private server/server files kicking around, could they please post, rather than making wiseass comments? :)

/random on

Tydarius said:
blue.jpg
It's blue! :hug:
<3 Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!

/random off

JayelleNephilim said:
/random on

Tydarius said:
It's blue! :hug:
<3 Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!

/random off

Blue is my fav - he relies completely upon facial expressions to convey everything - and just some of the things he says / does make me :lol: for hours - drives my wife nuts, but I think I got her hooked, she's setting the VCR now for whenever they are on, heh

All I can say is I KNOW servers exist; however they are ultra private right now, meaning you need to be invited by someone already on it. Broomop hosts a server and some others, but I can't seem to weasel my way in. If anyone's got some contacts, I'd appreciate it ;)

What bothers me is why would you WANT to go with BB? Granted it has a bit more content than ep1/2, but compared to open world MMOs it feels just too restrictive. I'm not saying this just to bash, i love the world concept and everything. Its just that, from experiance, seeing the same eight or nine different places again and again is just...bleh.

A pity that PSU is, AGAIN, going with a completely different universe that happens to have enough simmilarities to be able to cash in on the trademark. I love the concept, I just wish the world was more open ended since, from my memories, it generally goes like this;

Enter room: it does NOT matter if the zone is outdoors its more or less a room

Kill monsters that spawn in said room to make doors open

Go to Next Room

Repeate

Occasionally find rooms with switches you have to push to open

Find end of zone boss and kill boss.

Go to next zone full of rooms that you must kill enemies to open.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing things here. I really do love the phantasy star mythos though. I love the endless debate in trying to link PSO with the older phantasy star games since there's enough material there to make such a connection, even if its unofficial and at best sketchy.

Trouble is, from my experiance on the dreamcast, the GMs just wern't there and the quest content was, at best, nonexistaint. Granted Schthack's privet server apparently has figured out ways of creating NEW quests...but since nobody's figured out how the rescources're tied together no new content can be added in(plus the fact that you can't exactly add content because of the dreamcast, although for PSOPC you could, in theory, add content).

Darian Maliken said:
What bothers me is why would you WANT to go with BB? Granted it has a bit more content than ep1/2, but compared to open world MMOs it feels just too restrictive. I'm not saying this just to bash, i love the world concept and everything. Its just that, from experiance, seeing the same eight or nine different places again and again is just...bleh.

A pity that PSU is, AGAIN, going with a completely different universe that happens to have enough simmilarities to be able to cash in on the trademark. I love the concept, I just wish the world was more open ended since, from my memories, it generally goes like this;

Enter room: it does NOT matter if the zone is outdoors its more or less a room

Kill monsters that spawn in said room to make doors open

Go to Next Room

Repeate

Occasionally find rooms with switches you have to push to open

Find end of zone boss and kill boss.

Go to next zone full of rooms that you must kill enemies to open.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing things here. I really do love the phantasy star mythos though. I love the endless debate in trying to link PSO with the older phantasy star games since there's enough material there to make such a connection, even if its unofficial and at best sketchy.

Trouble is, from my experiance on the dreamcast, the GMs just wern't there and the quest content was, at best, nonexistaint. Granted Schthack's privet server apparently has figured out ways of creating NEW quests...but since nobody's figured out how the rescources're tied together no new content can be added in(plus the fact that you can't exactly add content because of the dreamcast, although for PSOPC you could, in theory, add content).

I like PSO (an want a PSOBB server) because of the fact that I'm an old school gamer. I've been a gamer since about 1985 (when I was 3). It's a throwback to a simpler time, but with really nice graphics (well, BB anyways, not the original PSO).

GMs are pretty much non-existant now because Schthack closed his server. It's not a problem though, as some of the other servers have GMs, and if you flag your game legit (by typing /legit in game) hackers generally won't come bother you. So pardon me if I enjoy a throwback to 1998-2000, but I just have a thing for that game.

And for the record, PS2 is in my top 10 RPGs of all time list, maybe even top 5. Need to re-evaluate that list :p

Back
Top Bottom