Quality of Life [List of unoriginal ideas]

Is it really necessary to whine about what staff has or has not got around to yet? Cut them some slack. It's not like they get payed for doing all this for us.

Classic. Start with some really juvenile QQ/umadbro for pointing out two inconsistent pieces of information then the SoD-exclusive brown noser stance that volunteer = immune to any criticism or even questions. Nowhere else I am aware of defines volunteerism this way. If you volunteer to read to kids at the library and spend half the time telling them how stupid they are because they don't know what they are talking about you don't get asked back to read to monks at the library. The habitat for humanity team that doesn't tell anyone what they are doing or when they will be doing it stops getting phone calls. Third example. Draw parallels as necessary.

partially to do with a lack of transparency / feedback.

Exactly, which is why Taryth just chiming in to say "hey, we're working on 2.5 really hard right now" is great. If there was some type of thread like Haenir suggested or activity in the 2.5 forum in the last 6 months to indicate what is going on (which given the number of people who have said "i'll come back for 2.5" would probably be a good thing?) this entire exchange would be unnecessary.

Guys,

Every time we pull away to read and discuss items, it distracts from things we are working on. Right now, we have tremendous momentum on 2.5. Give us a break and let us work on that so it gets done before I have to go coffin shopping please. When someone has a chance to come up for air, we can have a look at some of these other things.
Just as an FYI, there are people (both current and prospective devs) who are interested in working on QOL issues and unfinished content. However, bringing anyone new onto the dev team takes considerable training time from people who are already super busy. And as has been stated before, current devs are pushing hard on 2.5. From what I understand, there will be a focus on these types of things in the future, but that's a ways up the pipeline.

That being said, transparency is always a good thing, and a big part of that is regular updates. Assuming people have time, I would personally love to hear updates from some of the less forum chatty people once in awhile, especially if there is anything new to add about the prioritization process / development training timeline. For those who haven't seen it yet - this was a topic in the Dev-Chat at the end of March. Though many of the class issues have been worked on in the mean time, the rest of the document is still a great primer on the current state of SOD development.

Anybody take a look at this zombie post since 2015? I've been out of the country, but I'm stoked about SOD getting development again, and this thread was filled with solid gold ideas.

I haven't logged into SoD in quite some time. It's fun to read my old posts. Hope everyone is doing well, thanks to everyone who liked my crazy ideas.

Last edited:
I agree, these idea's are very nice, and will just make SoD more enjoyable, and not add anything is terms of power. Just less down time, love it.

Back
Top Bottom