Quest Dialog - alot vs. a lot vs. allot

Daffie

Dalayan Pious Diety
Tons of quest use the non-word 'alot'. This should either be 'a lot' (99% of the time) or allot.

Examples just from the Rose of Judgment quest line for the Athuna quest aug:

City of Mercy - High Priest Roger
Of course. You must get that alot in your line of work...
should be 'a lot'

Northern Newport - Tim Cobbler
...Big discount if you buy alot...
should be 'a lot'

Sundered Mountains - Vida the Cook
...I'll need 150 platinum, it is alot...
should be 'a lot'

City of Mercy - Smith Mithrilhart
...and prices are up alot..
should be 'a lot'

Sea of Swords - Tracker Vicks Sureshot
I've worked with Duke Thanes alot...
should be 'a lot'

I know the grammar police are in the building... Can you do a search for 'alot' and review/update to the correct word? Careful for zealot... Wiki needs updated then too...

just going to mention that when adding quest text to the wiki, these errors can be highlighted with {{sic}} which makes it super easy for devs to find errors for fixing later. grammar and spelling errors should never be "corrected" on the wiki until they're corrected in-game, as was properly implied by the OP.

(sorry for the slight hijack. i know you'll forgive me, daffie)

sed is your friend!

's/\(\s+?\)alot\(\s+?\)/\1a lot\2/g'

<3

If only everything was this easy to find and replace (not even sure where quest dialog is stored tho).

Another good thing to review would be the refuge quest line. While doing it, I felt like every other sentence had some kind of spelling/grammar mistake... It was kind of distracting.

vLkyI.png

All of the alots should be dead now. Also, 's/\balot\b/a lot/g' proved more effective at finding all of the instances since they don't all have spaces surrounding them.

Another good thing to review would be the refuge quest line. While doing it, I felt like every other sentence had some kind of spelling/grammar mistake... It was kind of distracting.

Nobody is going to go through and read every NPC's script for errors. If you discover spelling errors during your travel through the world, please use /bug. Those do get read and fixed.

So, how many updates got made!?!? I love seeing those large numbers, when intended, when I do database/coding updates.

Back
Top Bottom