Quest Suggestions:

pailryder

Dalayan Beginner
I don't know all the complexities of quests but it seems like there are ways to have a quest giver know if you have an item on you or if you are a certain level. With these parameters i think there are a few quests that could be fun to do and easy to implement.

1. Level 10-20, guild leader or some generic npc gives you a token and starts you on a quest to get some cape, earring, belt that is all/all has some low level stats. If you turn in one item at this level it will cycle through the three possible rewards. After completing the quest he says, come back when you have leveled some more. Then between levels 25-35 you can get an upgrade to whichever item you ended up with...the item might have health regen 1 for the first reward and regen 2 for the 2nd, and so on, every 10-15 levels you could go back to the person and get a more difficult quest but upgrade the item you got. Somewhat like the a couple of the epic quests where you were forging a blade into a more powerful weapon, these items would gain in power as you add a rare component or gem to them. It would be easy to place the drops on existing mobs in a certain area or add new npcs and such.

2. Secret PC society. Ok so this kind of sounds corny but i think there is a lot of potential in terms of initiating quests. Basically you have different class guilds, but why not have something like the Silver Crown for regular players. They can have a guild master that sends them on assignments to eliminate people, find items, slay monsters, etc. The only way you could get faction with this society would be to do these quests and as you get higher faction you can get rewards like spells or weapons/armor from this society. You could diversify it by making 4 societies, plate wearers, chain, leather, and cloth but I think one group for all classes that is somewhat hiding in the shadows keeping tabs on what the city governments are doing is a good idea.

3...more to come!

Back
Top Bottom