Questions of Lore

So there are some Deities listed in the Lore as fighting in the Great War, but others that are not.

In the Great War:
Tarhyl, Enthann - Shojar, Tarhansar - Sihala, Gradalsh - Shirtri, Marlow

Not in the Great War:
Sivyana, Althuna, Malath, Jayla

Sivyana, Althuna, and Malath have a good excuse for not being there as they were not created until after the Great War... But where was Jayla?

She did, but not much... Much like with Shojar/Tarhansar, Shojar lead the battlegrounds while Tarhansar played Defensive. With the Shirtri/Marlow faction of the war, Shirtri did much of the scouting/heavy-lifting while Marlow played defensive and sent only a few, but terrifying, foes to the battlefields. How much it takes to say someone 'fought' in the Great War is debatable, for example I've never seen anything that's said Shoajr actually personally entered the field, which Marlow certainly didn't. So there is that... But Marlow was definitely present and mentioned in lore about the Great War.

What is the rationale behind Froglok Paladins worshipping Althuna? Would this not create friction with the other Taldorians, all of which are staunch Malath worshippers?

All paladin's and Shadowknight's power/magic-type flow from Althuna/Marlow respectively (Even Kaezulian ones, afaik), so that's why they worship those deities.

All paladin's and Shadowknight's power/magic-type flow from Althuna/Marlow respectively (Even Kaezulian ones, afaik), so that's why they worship those deities.
Interesting. If the Taldorians accept Althuna worshippers in the form of Paladins, would it be far-fetched for them to accept Marlow worshippers in the form of Shadowknights? I ask because SHD was enabled for the Froglok race eventually on Live (along with MNK, NEC, and ROG), yet I am pretty sure that Taryth has stated that these new combinations have already been disabled for the new client. :( I just want to see more diversity!

If Malath = Lawful Good
And Althuna = Lawful Good
Then Malath = Althuna

Edit: dammit Malath, why you gotta be neutral =/

Last edited:
If Malath = Lawful Good
And Althuna = Lawful Good
Then Malath = Althuna
Unfortunately, Malath is Lawful / Neutral, which explains why so many high-end Frogloks have defected to Pariah. Poor Malath has a high deconversion rate! :( (In reality, Lawful / Neutral is simply one of the most fragile alignments to maintain, especially if the player doesn't have the foresight to choose Silver Crown.)

Do Malath and Althuna have any history? This question is, of course, for Marthog who knows all of this lore somehow and we all assume he isn't just making it up.

Do Malath and Althuna have any history?
Only that one time in College.

In srs:
I suspect Althuna was probably pro-Malath considering their respective attitudes towards life, but there's no way she'd attempt to stop The Four in their decision to take out Malath. I have no lore-book to point at to prove this, but one could assume.

I'm not aware of any form of SoD afterlife, so I'd assume they cease to exist?

I can log my HC toons on for a moment. This might look like evidence of an afterlife to the weak immortals.

Anyone know any other geographic names for these regions?

The Great North = ?
The Old World = ?
The New World = Faydark
Erudin Islands = Storm Shrouded Isles?

Back
Top Bottom