Questions of Lore

Don't think they have any other names then "The Old World", "The North", "The New World" (or "Faydark", if you prefere that one), "Erudin Islands" and "Ikisith". There are also "The Planes", but they are, by definition, not a part of Dalaya. If you want to know more about those regions, see here.

Huh, I found several in-game references to Odus for the Erudian Islands, so I guess that's a thing.

Last edited:
When did the Si'Thl rule the Faydark? Were they part of Kaezul's forces or just opportunistic after the Mist took out the elves? Why did they leave?

Guard Macyron says, 'Despite the name, Faydark Arachnids are not native to this forest, but rather tainted creatures that are left behind since the vile Si'Thl race ruled these lands. They must be purged, for the good of all other creatures who live here. Do this, and bring me their fangs, two at a time.'

also
Guard Naldina says, 'Despite the name, Faydark Arachnids are not native to this forest, but rather tainted creatures that are left behind since the vile Si'Thl race ruled these lands. They must be purged, for the good of all other creatures who live here. Do this, and bring me their fangs, two at a time.'

It is from a 2005 storyline event, and there are some scattered items throughout the game that refer to the Mass (e.g., Orders), which is why I started looking into it in the first place. Here is the best summary of related events I could find, and the relevant quote below:

6) The Mass then returns to Mistwoods and shows a surprising intelligence, it speaks (through a Flayed One?) to the weary heroes battling it. It proposes to call off attacking cities if it is allowed to open a portal in Mistwoods. To buy time, this is agreed to, despite the ensuing ritual requiring a sacrifice of innocents that is tacitly condoned by the defenders.

I kind of assume it's a storyline that was dropped when Wiz left.

Is the Mansion of Portals a fragmented part of the Lands of Magic? Remnants of its former zone (Faski Malath)? Something else entirely?

Back
Top Bottom