Recovery Cap

Swight

Dalayan Elder
From doing some testing with my adept character and the community ones, all worn regen seems to go into the same category. It also seems limited by level as well, I think it is 3 or 4 per tic total for my level 27. Buffs like casted chloroplast, potions, regen from songs do seem to stack though. Also race adds quite a bunch for iksar and troll as well.

I noticed a lot of adept toons have a large amount of recovery and that robe, but it doesn't seem to do much if you watch health increase, unless its only serverside.

if it is really that limited I may need to rework some adept hunters because if the regen is going to waste I could put much better gear in some of the slots. I can get 4 recovery very easily and in just one slot for a bunch of toons. Definitely something that will need better info on the wiki at some point. Maybe we will get lucky and one of the staff will share the formula. In the meantime I guess I will have to do some more intense testing of my own.

just tested some and found something curious there are two different hp restoration ticks which alternate. on a level 20 toon I am building on one tick I get 4 hp recovered and on the other tick I get the full value of all my recovery including racial which in that toons case equals exactly 30 recovery(including worn recovery of all types). Apparently troll in combat regen comes out to 8 in combat instead of the 9 on the wiki. This was all tested Dueling that level 20 so results may vary in other situations. My theory is the 4 hp tick is the base recovery for all races then all the additional recovery is bundled into the next tick. a little short on recovery gear on this particular test toon to test if I have capped or not. but the recovery cap in this situation is definitely not capped at 3-4 at level 20.

On my lvl 27 gnome I tick up one when standing with no recovery, 2 with one piece of gear with recovery on it, 5 with recovery 5, 5 with chloroplast robe and no recovery, 5 with recovery 5+1+chloroplast. The only thing that gets me over 5hp a tick while standing is buffs. I see the same 2 tics you are talking about, my hp tics up like 20 something then immediately comes back down as the server corrects.

I wonder if its our clients displaying differently? Or due to race?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom