Request: Newport Ring Quests - Post issues here

well i got the wep cashe and the crate of rations then i combined the herbs into the empty box. Then server went down and when i came back i attempted to give the full herb box to Banner and he just gave it back saying he had no use for it. Not much detail but thats all that happend i collected herbs combined and he wont accept... Sorry if it's not much of a help

Thanks Xeldan

I am on almost every evening (8-12 Eastern Time) during the week. Tani and I are both having the same problems so chances are it's the same cause...

Ryst

Xeldan, I am having the same issue as Ryst on my druid, Kelyin. I should be on after 8pm CST tonight until 2am CST.

A bit more info

It appears that Captain Thalas wants me to gather the items for the sergeants ring again ... however, I completed this and am wearing the ring ... The sergeant in north newport ibside the lower level of the gate tower (the name escapes me) calls me corporal ... I hope this helps to fix the problem. Thanks for your help Xeldan

Ryst

ok i finished the ring 1 quest, got the ring. now to start the second part (ring 2) im suppose to turn in the note to the sergeant hasley and he tells me to find burt. but when i give him the note he just gives it back to me and when i hail him he doesnt say anything. been a few days since i completed the first part so i thought maybe i already gave him the note and tried going to burt but he says somthing like its a forgery seek proper authoraties, so i guess im still on the part of giving the note to hasely. any tips on what i need to do? thanks

Deagan
35 mage

still am not able to progress any more on this. have gone over step by step according to wiki and info from other players. Not sure why im not able to progress on this quest. ive seen others turn in the note just fine and everything work. Any chance i could just have this quest reset for me or somthing and ill just start all over again? lol not sure what to do

thanks
Deagan
37 mage

Xeldan, is this something you will just offer a retroactive patch for in the future perhaps, or should we try to arrange a time to talk with you and fix the flags manually?

Thanks!
Eldorath/Wufai

Thanks!

Thanks Xeldan! Both Tani and I were able to complete the Newport Ring IV Quest in Kings Pass today. We have now experienced it both ways and now have the ring to show for it!

Ryst

arcabiss...interesting, sounds like a similar issue to the one Ryst and Tani had - I'll take a look tomorrow morning(later today to get technical) and see about adding in the same flagging to the script that I did for that instance of problems.

arcabiss: I added some additional code to Sergeant Halsey's script to help with your problem. Simply hail Sergeant Halsey or turn in the letter again and you should be fixed up. Let me know if you have any further issues with the quest.

ok this is still a no go. i gave him the note and tried hailing him and got no response. thx Xeldan for looking into it

Then your flag is set higher than the note turnin. Have you hailed Burt? If so what does he say?

if i hail him he says hello, if i give him the note he says whats this? forgery i say. if you have a problem with me maybe you should go to the proper authorities, not approach me like the loley scum you are.
thats all i get out of him

And you're positive you had your Newport Scout's Insignia in your inventory when hailing Sergeant Halsey?

yep, ive been wearing the ring tho, went back and tried it with both guys with it in a bag in my inventory and still same thing

Two friends were working on Ring 5 together and I guess they got something mixed up with the vial clicks ... either way, one person got their head and hailed ... but at some point one must have hailed the other's cleansed and the second person's is broken. She has all her cleansed flagged without the named spawning. Is there an easy way to fix it so she has 1 more clicky available? I see from the thread other people have had this happen to them before. Thanks.

Ok so in referance to what xardon said, Our friend Amadari is now not able to cleanse anymore worshippers to eb able to spawn the boss. We had some miscommunication and i believe she hailed the cleansed after someone else spawned the named.. so basically she just needs a GM to fix her flag. Please lemme know if you can do something about it. Thanks

Captain Thalas ~ Ring 3 Turn-Ins

I've done all required parts of Rings 1 and 2. I have the Corporal's Insignia in my Inventory, where it's been since I completed Ring 2. I talked to Captain Thalas in Southern Newport and obtained the Ration Box. I went to Halas and spoke to Alchemist Banner and obtained the Empty Herb box. I obtained the ten rations from Southern Badlands / Paw and combined them into the filled ration box ( it's actual name escapes me ). I went to Mielech B and obtained all five of each of the Darkbloom Aloe Leaves and Deep Cavern Moss and combined them in the Empty Herb Box and returned this to Alchemist Banner for the Crate of Counter Vials. And finally, I tracked down the Corrupted Centaur in Southern Badlands and obtained the Armor and Weapons Cache. I've completed the three required parts of the quest, however upon returning to Southern Newport and handing all thre of the items in to Captain Thalas he didn't so much as smirk at my wasted hours of work =/

No script triggered, no experience or faction modified, no note for Halsey. I'm starting this part over - however any help you could provide such that I wouldn't have to do this all over again would be incredibly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom