Request: Newport Ring Quests - Post issues here

Yeah, we've been finishing up quite a few of these lately for guildies, and it is very tedious - but I can deal with that - I think what is required is well balanced with the reward. My hangup with the Ring V is the inability for pet classes to use their pets on this. It's quite frustrating (especially when you are finishing the ring up for 4 mages) to not have the ability to use the pets. I read the thread, but I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the past. I wasn't aware it was a known issue until we started, and in the small chance that it would matter, we tried pulling to different areas of the zone - didn't help - which makes it a quest bug. I have no idea what the coding is on the quest, but have a feeling whatever is used to keep the cleansed worshipper down until the enraged is killed is what is screwing it up. Just a half-assed guess. After the first worshipper is cleansed, there is no use for a pet at all. Just wondered if this was going to be looked at or not.

With all of that said, I finished mine last night and have really enjoyed questing in SoD. So, Thanks :)

This is how I understand Ring 5 works, and this is how I've attempted to do the quest.

1. Pull Plague Worshiper.
2. Clense worshiper - He falls over.
3. Kill Enraged Priest.
4. Clense Worshiper Spawns.
5. Hail Worshiper.

Repeat this a few times and then the named spawns, kill him, turn in the bottle the head and the ring.

However when I complete step 3, killing the priest, the plague'd worshiper jsut stays there in the fetal position and no clensed worshipers spawn. I tried this four times in each zone, all with the same effect. I also had a ranger with me, so I tracked the whole zone for them to see if they were spawning somewhere else.

Thank you in advance for the help =)

It's possible someone had aggro on the worshipper or something which may have kept his script from working correctly. I'll give it a quick look and see if I can improve the script some to help with that. There's a possibility that a time limit for killing the enraged priest would be added though to help with the cases where the npc's script gets 'stuck'.

having aggro on the worshipper, say, hitting it with aoe slow or DDs, does nto have an effect that we can tell.

Any idea about pets not working? Because that one is easily reproducable... just say the word and we will do it for you.

Hello,

I'm posting for my character Amelie, who apparently can't log into the forums at all, and registration is disabled.

Amelie has completed all of Ring I and obtained the ring, and finished the obtaining the Bloodblade heads and plague sample from Ring II. I recieved the plague box from Infiltrator Vergood and returned it to Sergeant Halsey, who granted my experience and asked me for Ring I.

When I handed in my ring, he took it. There was a pause, and the night broke into dawn, switching the server to daytime status, and Halsey disappeared, then repopped inside the castle, and my ring was gone. I hailed him, but I never got my ring returned, as I was afraid of, and so I have no Ring II. I have no ring, period. :(

Is there a way to get my ring returned to me, since this was a rare timed, server related issue? I'd appreciate it, as I'd like to continue the quest.

To all who run this server: thank you for your time and your efforts put into the game, and into these forums.

Thanks,

Amelie

:psyduck:

oka ill start from the start back when i did the quest (NP ring 1-4) i got it all done when it came time to do newport ring V quest i got a group of other people and my 2 ozz's well i was only doing newport ring V for ozzadat my druid well group pulled all 8 of the mobs (yes the right ones) and i clicked my vial on them all 8 and it worked great every time well then the named end guy i need the head from pop'd we killed him then the group made us roll for the head after i clicked my vial all them times well i lost roll other dude got his part disbanded group and left after he looted head and ever sence my vial does nothing to the mobs i have tried to do the newport ring 5 quest alot of times can i get help sorry it was so long

Please use names so that we may properly refer to these people as morons and shun them in game.

You click your vial, you had better be the one to hail, and loot the head.
Don't forget to hail the guy after you loot the head.

If someone hails your guy, you don't get credit. 1-7, you just have to do it again. When you clicky your 8th, your clickie dies. If someone hails your 8th, or loots your head, you are forever screwed.

The best part about it is that the guy who looted your head cannot use it... he has to loot his own head from his own clickies. I guess we just need to wait for the next whiner to mention he has all the parts but cannot get his ring to get the name... but the group leader who told you to roll for it is the real danger.

the dude bitched and said we have to roll i was like but but but i used my vial and hailed the whole works

Back
Top Bottom