Returning player, been 5 years ago.

alabester

Dalayan Beginner
It seems a lot of people left. It was 300ish on peak time as i know of..

Well, Here's the question - It's a good time to come back? - well, It's really hard to leveling without group.

The lower levels aren't as unoccupied as you may think. There are a bunch of new adepts since you last played and there many characters that are level locked or being alted to kill them. They provide a bunch of gear and a ladder to get up to 65 without too much of a problem. Right now players are in pretty high demand in the raiding guilds so once you hit 65 if you wanted to continue into the raiding scene finding a spot to play in wouldn't be hard. Play any class you want outside of tank and you'll fit in fine. There are some 'not preferred' classes but unless your playing the very end of the game, that wont really matter. If you want to be everyone's best friend play a Cleric, Enchanter, or Wizard.

Pop is not huge but you can't play with 300 people at the same time anyway, so that doesn't matter as much as finding your niche group. Now is not a bad time to come back and play. I did recently and just made adept toons. Found some old friends and made some new ones and started a little guild that progressed through all the adepts, we just killed the newest lvl 57 one last night. Seems to be a lot of people killing the lower level adepts still, go try them out and find someone to duo them with, 2 people can kill every sub 32 adept and many above 32 although most become 6-8mannable. Gives you some great gear and makes leveling easy.

And I have a bard / clr / enc 65++ that nobody wants so ignore what other people "want" and play what you will have fun on.

If you do decide to come back and start playing again I'd really recommend 2-boxing and playing strong duo classes (melee type + healer). This means you'll probably want to avoid int casters, rangers, and rogues. I'd like to advocate for just playing what you enjoy but solo/duo is a big part of this game, whether its doing quests or just farming up platinum, and it can be pretty hard to enjoy the game if you play classes that struggle with doing that.

If you do decide to come back and start playing again I'd really recommend 2-boxing and playing strong duo classes (melee type + healer). This means you'll probably want to avoid int casters, rangers, and rogues. I'd like to advocate for just playing what you enjoy but solo/duo is a big part of this game, whether its doing quests or just farming up platinum, and it can be pretty hard to enjoy the game if you play classes that struggle with doing that.

But then you can play all the way to end game only to find a pile of unused tanks and monks and alt healers that nobody wants or needs all with better gear than you. It's kind of lose-lose right now so play what you want. If you don't have/find friends to play with you wont have much fun/go far in this game even with a classic power duo so I'd still recommend whatever sounds fun, but it helps if its war/mnk+clr lol

Back
Top Bottom