Riposte change

I do not see why this nerf even happened, the root of the issue at hand is you are looking at basically pairing a cool ability with a weapon that is hard to get. The ability can only be used ~every 10minutes so it's not like it can be done on every pull or even very reliably. It does somewhat significant Dmg and cheals and keeps the tanked topped off for about 30d unless there is incoming spell dps.

It is a very easy way to mindless exp, but I assure you from first hand experience that a solid group going elsewhere will always generate more exp and pp killing harder mobs in other zones than taking a warrior with this weapon to any lower end zone where killing like this is feasible. I have seen this done in rust remnants hhk kaesora and dn and all have been way outdone in zones like bq/cita/fr/kaesora with a good group.

If you really wanted to address the rip issue nerf the weapon to be similar ratio but 2-3x faster with a proc doing about 1/2 the Dmg. Thus allowing it to still do about the same healing throughout a fight.

I do not see why this nerf even happened, the root of the issue at hand is you are looking at basically pairing a cool ability with a weapon that is hard to get.

I would argue that the weapon itself is the issue, not the ability. The ability has great synergy with the weapon no doubt, but even without enrage, the weapon would still be OP.

Jumbers you knew how broken this item was well over a year ago, yet you continued to abuse it on Fuwok sitting AFK in (KOS) Remnants to gain who knows how many tomes..

Why change it now? Did you finish your last tome?

It takes a lot to get me annoyed, but this will do it.

The insinuation, joking or otherwise, that such a thing was done to benefit staff is both ludicrous and insulting. Most people never get to see just how much effort goes into ensuring we do NOT benefit from being on staff, but as the relative new guy here, let me tell you - it's a lot.

Timing of changes is not some nefarious thing where we see how best to hurt people or help ourselves. Sometimes it's hard to see the longview - we need to look at the game in a much broader sense than most players do, and balance is at the forefront of that. No one likes nerfs. We especially don't. But sometimes they are necessary.

Someone REALLY wants to tell me that pulling an entire zone and just standing there is balanced?

So why now? Because we saw the problem, got around to it, and agreed on a solution. Is it perfect? Probably not, but it's a heck of a lot better than what it was. You WILL kill a game allowing things like that to happen.

We're working hard to add new features and improve content, while allowing as many people to enjoy themselves as possible. Like I said, no one likes nerfs, but trust me, you wouldn't like unbalanced content and items either.

I'm sorry it had to happen, but it did have to happen. Feel free to disagree or provide suggestions on additional tuning - despite many people's beliefs, we actually do discuss those and sometimes alter things based on it. What I *will* not stand for, however, is for people to make this into a "staff did this to benefit themselves or screw someone else" thing. It's not how decisions get made.

Feedback welcome, but I warn you, tread carefully and respectfully, because I'm already WAY bent out of shape about this. If you don't have anything *constructive* to say, perhaps it's best you just say nothing.

You WILL kill a game allowing things like that to happen.

oh man the irony in this quote is palpable

anyways, you missed the point entirely. no one is saying it was done to benefit the staff, we are saying it was nerfed because of a certain exploit, and one of the few people to exploit it was the guy who made this post. you are mis-construing some sort of moral outrage with what is actually a bunch of beaten down players just shaking their head at yet another unnecessary nerf with an amusing narrative.

anyways, carry on.

It takes a lot to get me annoyed, but this will do it.

The insinuation, joking or otherwise, that such a thing was done to benefit staff is both ludicrous and insulting. Most people never get to see just how much effort goes into ensuring we do NOT benefit from being on staff, but as the relative new guy here, let me tell you - it's a lot.

Timing of changes is not some nefarious thing where we see how best to hurt people or help ourselves. Sometimes it's hard to see the longview - we need to look at the game in a much broader sense than most players do, and balance is at the forefront of that. No one likes nerfs. We especially don't. But sometimes they are necessary.

Someone REALLY wants to tell me that pulling an entire zone and just standing there is balanced?

So why now? Because we saw the problem, got around to it, and agreed on a solution. Is it perfect? Probably not, but it's a heck of a lot better than what it was. You WILL kill a game allowing things like that to happen.

We're working hard to add new features and improve content, while allowing as many people to enjoy themselves as possible. Like I said, no one likes nerfs, but trust me, you wouldn't like unbalanced content and items either.

I'm sorry it had to happen, but it did have to happen. Feel free to disagree or provide suggestions on additional tuning - despite many people's beliefs, we actually do discuss those and sometimes alter things based on it. What I *will* not stand for, however, is for people to make this into a "staff did this to benefit themselves or screw someone else" thing. It's not how decisions get made.

Feedback welcome, but I warn you, tread carefully and respectfully, because I'm already WAY bent out of shape about this. If you don't have anything *constructive* to say, perhaps it's best you just say nothing.

Yeah, uhm, I have no issue with the nerf itself, I agree with it. I was merely pointing out that the guy that nerfed the item, also happened to be the person that undoubtedly abused it more than any other player in the game. I find it hilarious that it took him over a year to do it (well after realizing maximum benefits from aforementioned OP item).

People have been jailed for much much less for exploiting unintended game balance bugs, and they weren't staff (whom should be held to a higher standard).

instead of changing this for everyone couldnt it just be made so the warrior no longer procs and they get the aggro bonus that was mentioned. i think thats more reasonable then just changing the game for everyone else to avoid warriors from killing low con blues too easily because that could really make people progress too quickly and make the end game more crowded than it already is... you know since the end game is killed at all and stuff

The weapon wasn't broken enough, I pulled every single monster I could find in remnants and then Brao area taunted it and even with 2 druids, 1 cleric, and a shm we managed to kill brao. I mean the weapon should be buffed clearly since we couldnt kill the whole zone with enrage.

But Shimone has a good point that the enrage part that makes the weapon "broken" is a long cool down ability.

This is the same issue with a T12 guild going into Spires and murdering the first floors so clearly they need to be made harder so that no guild on tier can kill them just so the above tier people have a more difficult time. AKA a T12 group goes into rust and pulls it in like 6 pulls so everything that group is wearing must be OP and needs to be nerf'd. The item should be unnerf'd and just bump up the cita/BQ/OG 6man area/ect exp and we would stop mass pulling zones since it will be better for us to go kill the harder monsters. And with smaller pulls, less "broken" the weapon would be.

Edit:
Why would anyone new play this game when you can't have cool toys without the nerf hammer coming down? RIP MARZA (also 81* people on during double exp week shows how shitty the decisions have been, nerf a WHOLE mechanism instead of the item you don't approve of)

Nerf leech touch and lay of hands while you at it, clearly broken too.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with the reason behind the change but I think its going to make players and especially tanks angry and sad. A lot of overpowered items have been nerfed and its great that the devs are actively trying to balance the game but nerfs tend to make players upset and feel like their fun is being ruined.

While it is really awesome to pull like 40 mobs and survive because you are riposting so much and your proc heals you, it essentially trivializes the encounter without any active effort from the player and riposte also scales with each mob that you pull.

Like with any proc that heals yourself, there is a point which the mobs just cant kill you and I think that is what the devs are trying to avoid. The point has to be low enough that players cant afk farm.

Sure you could make the proc heal like 50hp but in the future the devs won't be able to add better heal proc weapons because more and more zones will become trivialized. I doubt they ever wanted a t13 warrior to be able to pull so many mobs in the rust that it lags out the zone until they die. Also there is always the inherent issue of having a 100% proc rate. The procs damage or effect has to be so minor because it will happen always. Making it so procs cant go off on ripostes is a good way of dealing with the issue. Its also a good way to piss off a lot of tanks though.

PS I personally think just the scythe should have been nerfed for now to have way less healing. also reduce the amount of mana cella drains and reduce the damage that the 4.3 sword does to its wielder just slightly!

PS I personally think just the scythe should have been nerfed for now to have way less healing. also reduce the amount of mana cella drains and reduce the damage that the 4.3 sword does to its wielder just slightly!

you must be a great hit at parties

1 item is too strong? Better nerf an entire fucking game mechanic. As lleoc said, make it so that spirit harvest/warriors cant proc on riposte. Congratulations on nerfing every other riposting class in the game because of one weapon/class. Everyone that was furiously exping all day this week is now playing LoL or afk. These changes have made the game so much easier to balance and play, everyone is having so much fun with their +5hp +5mana upgrades from killing harder monsters. RIP Marza and Zaela, the devs that added interesting mechanics to an otherwise uninteresting game

This whole idea seems really half baked.
Changing a mechanic over a single item that has been around for years?
Making a change that affects everyone while giving just one class something new? Sure, highend warriors lost their fairly limited long reuse fun xp toy, but everyone else tanking is now slightly worse.
Spamming RK to fill a tome that improves FK? Wait, what? Though, it would be funny if this broke the fying kick AA.
Complete lack of any higher rate or more interesting procs to go along with the change? If that is the intent why wouldn't there atleast be a few items ready to go for the changes? Too much stick, not enough carrot.
The credulity of this "feedback welcome" policy and "devs really listen to the community" that is supposed to be a selling point of this server is a bit suspect. Changes out of left field, changes that ignore a bazillion player suggestions, and changes that take literally years of repeated efforts to get fixed. Yeah, this is your sandbox and deving is a thankless tedious task, but "You WILL kill a game allowing things like that to happen."

there are plenty of other weapons with really good procs when you factor in riposte. sure it isn't a 100% chance to proc a life tap but it isn't just one weapon. the scythe is the most obvious though.

however on like 98% of proc weapons, the proc chance is still like 5-10% so its not that big of a deal with it having the chance to proc on riposte. maybe it should be a flag assigned to the proc itself if it can proc on riposte.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom