RL pic thread - BRAGGING RIGHTS

My first hugger in my Free Hugs campaign in Detroit back in November.

PICT0470.jpg

My mom and I got kicked out of the mall after only 25 minutes though because someone complained to security (seriously, how bad does your life have to be that free hugs offend you?!) BUT not before I was able to give 50 hugs! :dance:

Here's a link to the slideshow of all the hugs (resize the window to make it smaller - Flash is required):
http://apps.rockyou.com/rockyou.swf?instanceid=44227319&startSlide

Allielyn said:
Awww!

I have to say that would take more guts than I have, I'm far too shy.

I'm obscenely shy IRL most of the time, but this was something that I had wanted to do since October -- the boyfriend of a friend of mine (and the daddy to her baby girl) was hit by a car when he was walking home from work. After the incident, another friend told me about the original free hugs video and how it was the guy who passed away's favorite thing in the world besides his daughter and girlfriend. Honestly I didn't know the guy that well, but I know that he helped me give every single free hug I've given since then. It really didn't take guts -- it just took wanted to make someone's day in a special way.

I needed the hugs too anyway... I was down in Detroit visiting (I live 10 hours north, in the upper peninsula of Michigan, over the Mackinac bridge) because my grandma had had two heart attacks and possible stroke and we didn't know if she was gonna make it or not.

Kind of along the lines of Douleia's free hugs campaign...

n3209071_30756300_6331.jpg

That's from Relay for Life 2006. We also had teams in 2005 and 2007, team Hug-O-War all three years. Our team alone raised over $20,000 in three years, and the UC Davis Relay for Life has raised over half a million dollars in those three years. It's the biggest Relay event in California (take THAT, Stanford! Goes great with our 2006 victories over your asses in, oh, I dunno, every sport ever!). This year we had 160 teams of up to 15 people each. All the money raised goes to the American Cancer Society.

Oh, and there's free hot cocoa there. FTW.

Allielyn said:
Wow that's awesome Rett! Relay for Life raises money for cancer research am I right?
Yeah.

And it's really fun =P It's amusing as hell the things that come out of people's mouths after they've walked 20+ miles on the track and 10+ of them are crammed into two tents at 3 or 4 in the morning.

Hasrett said:
That's from Relay for Life 2006. We also had teams in 2005 and 2007, team Hug-O-War all three years. Our team alone raised over $20,000 in three years

Sweet! :D WTG! Just about everyone in my family has had cancer -- my sister's the only one that hasn't had it. Her husband has, though. Those of us who have had it appreciate every little bit you folks do at relay time :) I don't really participate but I do collect donations on behalf of my friends that do. :)

ryutakin said:
Kid in the top left is just asking to be punched.
Hahaha emo kids ftw!

IMO he was there raising money for a good cause, though, so he gets a get out of facepunch free card.

Hasrett said:
Hahaha emo kids ftw!

IMO he was there raising money for a good cause, though, so he gets a get out of facepunch free card.

He doesn't even look emo, you can see his eyes. He just looks like the standard college student who doesnt care.

iaeolan said:
He doesn't even look emo, you can see his eyes. He just looks like the standard college student who doesnt care.
i agreed entirely. kinda looked like a brimz haircut tbh.

Allielyn said:
Oh yeah: months after you graduate, they finally send you your diploma =P

editeddiploma.jpg

Pretty sweet, I know.

Also, I know I'm not the only one with bragging rights. Those of you who I know have new amazing jobs or houses or graduations or babies need to post here asap kktia.

Master Alchemist, explain this! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Alchemy-Digby-RareSecrets.png

:psyduck:

Note if you can't read that version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Alchemy-Digby-RareSecrets.png

the old english s is friggin sweet

explains where that Beta lookin character in german comes from, too!

Roocey said:

Kenelm digby, neat lil text. I forget exactly what that part is for, but it is not for the powder of sympathy.

go go gunpowder treason

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason, and plot,
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Back
Top Bottom