RL Pic Thread ( new one )

That's a great idea. So you use MAME? i had that for awhile, but never thought about hooking it up to an old arcade machine... brilliant! one question though, how do you get the buttons and stick to work with a PC?
Thanks... and we can take this to PM rather than hijack the thread if you want ;)

that's pretty freaking sweet. You could prolly hook it up w/other emu's as well, nesticle, zsnes/snes9x, genecyst, ages, some psx or xbox emulation too (though I'm pretty sure the xbox emu only plays halo atm).

controlroom.jpg

The War Room

pccruiser.jpg

My and My Cruiser

candi.jpg

Me and My Woman

vistachiri said:
that's pretty freaking sweet. You could prolly hook it up w/other emu's as well, nesticle, zsnes/snes9x, genecyst, ages, some psx or xbox emulation too (though I'm pretty sure the xbox emu only plays halo atm).

For those interested the original game of this machine is APB. Still has the foot pedal for acceleration that i have not tested for functionability.

I have a psp (kingdom of paradise) and an xbox (so many) packed with enough emulators and games to keep me busy for months if not years if it were not for responsibilities like my JOB, the girlfriend, the dog, the cats, and a partridge in a pear tree. Not to mention the Dreamcast (Skies of Arcadia) and the PC ( Dungeon Seige 2, Counterstrike, Starcraft) to have me constantly semi-sedated for the next 60 years.

P.S. If i got Halo on the arcade it would be near impossible to play unless i modified an xbox controller, i own an xbox.. and i did the whole modify a snes controller with great results but i prefer it through an XBOX than SNES ctrlr PC paralell port emulation. Although i enjoyed the previosu setup for many years.

I appreciate all the great comments about the mame machine and if you happen to find a cabinet cheap or free snatch it. The work and $ you put into it is really x 100 worth it, not only as a learning experience but its also a buddy magnet It's great when they bring beer but sucks when they end up on your couch for the night. Also hone your skills before inviting friends over, a dejected friend is more likely to leave than a victorious one.

:lol:

Pinball

Hard to find and expensive ;(

Don t talk shit about my chair i cannot bring myself to get rid of it. Its on its 5th layer of tape now, mixture of electrical and duct. :finger:

"zhak, got to admit i look better than the rest of the people"

If fairies in cheap suits and kool-aid dyed hair are what makes a person attractive where your'e from then by all means express your egotistical views and try and make the people who might have a problem with the way they look (not I) feel badly about themselves.

Remember girly-man, beauty is skin deep and that was quite an ugly comment. You get two thumbs down for personality.

Completely OT, but I had to post...

For anyone interested in building mame-type cabinets and the like, www.byoac.com (aka arcadecontrols.com) has all the information you'll ever need. You could spend months searching the forums for information on how to do... everything. I made my cabinet from scratch using the information found there, with no previous woodworking skills whatsoever. It's cheaper and less time intensive to just gut a used cabinet if you're so inclined. It's a very rewarding hobby.

If anyone wants to continue such a discussion, someone should probably make another topic.

lepoopaseru003.jpg

el gato nino, Popcorn-Butterball

lepoopaseru008.jpg

staunch defender of da-beehs, Shawn

lepoopaseru032.jpg

ladies man and all-around man-about-town

that was before i gained 230lbs and got the herpes

Back
Top Bottom