RPGMaker?

Titanas

Dalayan Elder
Any one interested in working on a 2d RPG game with me? I've made a few projects in the past for fun by my self. This will be the first time i've had help with a project. I'm looking for help mainly in the story/writing department. I can throw together really solid game play however I am not a writer I don't make games because I have a story to tell I make them because that's what I like to do. So I would mainly like help in the story department.

Does any one have a good story that I can turn into a game or have any interest in helping me with anything related?

Music
Art
Coding(I think RPG Maker uses RUBY)
Story
Character/Class Design

I plan to use the starter art and music it comes with but if any one wants to do these for me I'd be glad to showcase your art.

I can put together amazing maps as well as solid game play (Loot,Detailed Encounters,Puzzles, ect)

I've been playing with RPG Maker a lot lately, my current project is up to about 2.5 hours of solid gameplay with a few heavily scripted boss fights.

Definitely a fun program but I don't know if I'd be a good partner or not cause I am a control freak!

My first project was about 6 hours of game play I did in about 30 days with RPG XP. Since then I've only made maps for VX and messed around with a few things.

TBH I can pack up my lame game if any one wants to play it. There is a lot of really bad spelling errors and the story is pretty bad but the game play is fun and the maps look great.

Simple story is Lone hero raised by family friend after parents were killed. Hero is destined to fight the evil that his father had battled. Kid meets up with a friend rescues a girl she joins and then meet other heroes along the way.

Any one have a good short story that I can turn into a game? I make excellent games mechanics wise but not so good on the story. Doesn't have to be to in depth just a simple hero character with goals and obstacles to overcome. Maybe a love interest. If you have any media that goes with it I can put that in the story as well ( Maps ect...)

I would prefer to give some one the opportunity to have a game made from their story. For my self I would like the experience of working with some one.

I"ve tinkered around with some maps and have been working on the database for the game. I've got a some what unique Class/level system.
At the start of the game you are able to pick your characters stat gain. from 4 Offensive and 4 Defensive builds with 1 neutral build.
Fighter ATK HP
Expert ATK MP
Mage MagicATK MP
Ranger MagicATK ATK

Adventurer Rounded stat gain

Monk HP AGI
Knight MagicDEF MP
Brawler HP DEF
Channeler MP Magic DEF

The offensive Hero classes and Defensive are able to gain Special abilities that use up a different resource then magic points. These abilities are combat use only that are offensive in nature or defensive.

Through the game the players will find Skill runes that can teach them different magic abilities like Fire, heal, sleep ect. These skill runes are a limited resource and should be used wisely. There are also blank skill runes that can be taken to a master to create a skill for you. The game will have its main story but the side quests will be focused on developing your character more through runes.

The game will be beatable with any class/build though different monsters will have provide challenges based on physical or magical strengths.

I'm still looking for a writer to give me an adventure for this hero/class design I have.

How about

You're a kid, the year is 199x and you wake up to a loud crash and someone pounding at your door. It turns out the guy at the door is a big robotic octopus monster and he's working for some huge monster from outer space.

I'd give towns clever names that also dictate the "number" it is on your way through the game like Onett, Twoson, Threed, Fourside, etc.

Also there should be bottle rockets that are super OP and can pretty much one shot the last boss in the game if you have them on you from forever ago in the game.

And there should be this cosmic bee that can whoop ass on the enemies but when your mom swats it it should just die really easy.

---

No in all serious I'm playing with RPG maker too, we should have a game duel when we're both done!

Back
Top Bottom