Runic 2 for mage/bst

langdorn

Dalayan Elder
Iknow this will be a hot topic for mag/bst. What is the benefit of runic2 pet over relic pet? I think there should be a significant advantage given that relics are like T3 and runic 2 is T10-11.

There is a slight boost in dps depending on which version you're using along with a few perks but the real reason it was nice was that it had more HP so you weren't focused on keeping it alive while fighting. Now that it's HP was cut by 1/4 it's pretty much back to the way it was. I can't speak for beast lord pets but Mage pets already have crap for mitigation so having more HP was the only thing going for it.

I can see no reason why it was nerfed, on the content we do it's already hard enough to keep him alive at times and this is just making it worse especially since we have no real way to keep him alive. Healers are not going to target it in the middle of a fight, we get one heal, one AA heal and then he's dead.

Last edited:
yep the lower hp is rly a problem as a mage on raid the runic 2 pet will die over and over to aoes ww ect and i have to focus on healing my pet w/ a 30 sec cd heal on a figt over dps and w/ word of power 3 the ww is a inster pet kill hgotkey in exp groups /raids

yep the lower hp is rly a problem as a mage on raid the runic 2 pet will die over and over to aoes ww ect and i have to focus on healing my pet w/ a 30 sec cd heal on a figt over dps and w/ word of power 3 the ww is a inster pet kill hgotkey in exp groups /raids

learn to pull your pet back.

I dont have the beast runic pet, but Im also a bit concerned about the massive loss of HP for both beastlords and mages pet. I do think it was OP with the amount it was before, but to cut it down to 1/4-1/5? That makes it very close to the "old world pets" and for the time put into getting a R2 that feels pretty sad.

(This do hit the mages more then beastlords due to the mage lack of healing for pets, I dont know why there isnt more complains about mages lack in pet heals cus it sucks... Im used to be able to heal my pet here and there, but when I was on a mage, same fight as the beast was in on, all I really could do was watch the mage pet die over and over again..)

learn to pull your pet back.

Get to same tier that Sin is and play a mage on that tier before making worthless comments.

Get to same tier that Sin is and play a mage on that tier before making worthless comments.

Like this is the only game where late tier content involves AoE damage that can level pets and auxilery tanks.

Maybe this is the only game you've played that's late tier, but get real. You could always pull your pet back at the cost of some dps temporarily.

This is a spoiler: Pulling your pet back will not make it not die.

If you cannot grasp that statement then consider the fact that unresistable aoes/damage sources that are unavoidable are a real thing.

Last edited:
they both have 14k+ still, it shouldnt be an issue if you are getting group heals.

We already do that, in a perfect world we would be able to do it any time we wanted but that isn't the case. We have to deal with not being able to recall when casting spells, lag (which has been incredibly worse lately), having recall change the position of the pet which we can't always fix and will almost always make the damage on the pet worse, etc. So if we miss one or two our pet is pretty much out of the fight and we loose 40% of our dps

We have to deal with not being able to recall when casting spells

Not entirely true. Granted that may have changed in the many many months since I've played, though I doubt it. I'd agree with the rest of the sentiments though. Many a time I beat the drum of wtf with regards to pet healing.

Last edited:
We already do that, in a perfect world we would be able to do it any time we wanted but that isn't the case. We have to deal with not being able to recall when casting spells, lag (which has been incredibly worse lately), having recall change the position of the pet which we can't always fix and will almost always make the damage on the pet worse, etc. So if we miss one or two our pet is pretty much out of the fight and we loose 40% of our dps

Well, that's a much more intelligible defense than what Agik put forth.

Aren't most AoE and WW mechanics on timers, or triggered at certain percentages of health remaining? It might take more work, but being keen to when those triggers are should give you more than enough time to recall or back your pet off. With parsers everyone wants to squeeze out the most dps, but losing a few seconds by pulling your pet off early is much better than losing 40% of your overall dps as you stated.

I don't think the devs were so naiive about making this change that they didn't mull over this issue, btw. It might just call for a little more effort on mages and beastlords.

I think you STILL are not understanding. Pulling your pet off for an AoE, in most cases, will not avoid them being damaged by it.

I think you STILL are not understanding. Pulling your pet off for an AoE, in most cases, will not avoid them being damaged by it.

Well, then if it's an AoE the whole raid doesn't wipe on the group heals should hit them as Cian said. Otherwise, get them back to those oor earlier.

Not entirely true. Granted that may have changed in the many many months since I've played, though I doubt it. I'd agree with the rest of the sentiments though. Many a time I beat the drum of wtf with regards to pet healing.

You can hit it while casting but not for ~1 second after you start the cast. Same goes for /commands like /tar. You can still hit AAs while spell gems are grayed out, though.

Curious, by any chance did their level get increased so they can use the cool turruj pet weapons?
No, but the best solution is for a dev to just lower/remove the rec levels on those weapons.

Aren't most AoE and WW mechanics on timers, or triggered at certain percentages of health remaining?
Yes, 800 - 3600 every 3 seconds depending on boss and phase, and conal events in excess of 120K.

One of the really nice things about the high hp on the pets was when they missed Gheal, and they do a lot due to casters and healers standing oor of ae/melee/WW and gheal not landing on them they would not necessarily die right away. We would have time to recall them and patch them before the next wave of AE/WW/etc and make sure they were in range for the next gheal.

Back
Top Bottom