Runic 2 for mage/bst

On the bright side they really did make mages a legit dps with ikisith. Before that no one wanted us. At least now we are tolerable.
Tolerable? At tier 13, you're amazing, and (from checking lots of tier 13 parses) consistently parse the most DPS. In fact, FWF mages are basically kings of raid boss DPS nowadays. If you're just "tolerable", just hang on.

On topic, we've used the higher HP of the runic 2 pet once to try something clever when learning a top tier boss fight, and Marza was around to see how that worked out due to the pet's noticeably-larger-than-ours max HP. Otherwise, I've never seen its max HP be an issue, as it was the stopgap method of keeping the pet alive through high end mob riposte and whirlwind. If it gets actual aggro, it's still going to die very fast. In short, I don't see what lowering its HP to a more "normal" amount fixes without addressing its mitigation or survivability.

Cless I really dont know where you get your numbers from...

There is one tier 13 fight where Valdian is consistently #1 parse, but on the other 5-6 mobs we kill consistently it is usually someone else.

It used to usually be me, but the AoD changes will be a pretty significant nerf to wizard dps.

so why does the bst runic 2 suck so bad? I mean it does like 20 more dps for all the gathering raiding and time invested? Seems right on par with bsts :p

Tolerable? At tier 13, you're amazing, and (from checking lots of tier 13 parses) consistently parse the most DPS. In fact, FWF mages are basically kings of raid boss DPS nowadays. If you're just "tolerable", just hang on.

Well, I do pretty well on Lang. I just wanted to sound modest. If I came out and bragged what Ikisith did for mages then Id have all the other dps pulling their c**ks out to measure. two of our three class tomes really helped.

Cless I really dont know where you get your numbers from...

There is one tier 13 fight where Valdian is consistently #1 parse, but on the other 5-6 mobs we kill consistently it is usually someone else.

It used to usually be me, but the AoD changes will be a pretty significant nerf to wizard dps.
Well, checking the Feb. 26-27 parses of Taesh.0, Sharn`Ree, Rujik, Blazewind, and Custodian parses, we get

Custodian: Valdian (in 4th) does 300k damage, 2 people do 350k, you do 400k. Lleoc does 300. So Valdian isn't so hot here.

Taesh.0: Valdian (in 1st) does 837k, followed by 685k, 629k, 550k, and 465k. He's pretty boss there.

Sharn`Ree: Valdian (in 1st) 547k, followed by 467k, 460k, 437k, and 305k.

Rujik: Valdian (in 4th) with 623k, beaten by 817k, 726k, 702k, , and beating 609k. Pretty bad here

Blazewind: Valdian (in 3rd) with 641k. Beaten by 717k, 675k, beats out a 571k, 502k.

If you take the average of DPS done on these fights, Valdian actually wins that one due to the power of his DPS on those fights he's best at. You and Taru are really the only ones actually competing with him seriously, with Kedrin just behind.

I'd be willing to reconsider based on the merits of the DPS gained from GoG, but we'll see that soon enough with the new changes.

Lets get this thread back on topic. I know I won't get an official word on why pet classes should be subject to the mechanic of having to keep their pets alive in a raid setting but if any devs want to weigh in on why that is aside from a being an imported mechanic from live I'd be interested to hear it. I'd also like to know what the analog is for non-pet dps classes.

I wonder if we could see some official numbers on bst/mag runic 2 vs nonrunic2 pets. Hp especially, but maybe the ac or resists on r2 are much better?

With Companion Health 8, no buffs, no gear:

Relic pet=8,190hp

Runic Air=12,285hp (water should have similar)
Runic Fire=12,073
Runic Earth=12,931

So not only did the nerf take away what little aux/emergency tanking the pet had there is pretty much little difference between them now. Instead of just bringing the beast lord pet in line (yeah 30k buffed is a lot, around 22-23k is reasonable if their pets take hits like ours do aka. like they wear a wet paper bag for armor) you pretty much made them something we're going to have to keep out of combat (the entire reason we have the pet in the first place) so it doesn't die.

Seriously Wold, do you have any clue what the end game is like. Do you think things dont hit harder? That these orcs carry pillows and have sleepovers then just hand us loot when we get in zone? Pets have a natural disadvantage of horrible damage mitigation, minimal control in emergency situations and always being the last on any healers priority list (even worse for mages with the severe lack of our own healing abilities).

Ok so you're worried some unscrupulous people (hi exo) may try and cheat content with them. It should be common knowledge (common sense as well) that if a pet can bypass a part of a fight or do something far beyond what any real toon could do then it would cheating and not allowed. Just make a list and if you're caught doing it on purpose you will be banned, period. That's what Marza did for us (sup Sharn Ree/Gloom/Taesh).

I don't see how going up 8 tiers of raiding, going through all of the quests, to get a minor dps upgrade and a HP buff that's less than one round off a mob is justified. If it was just me saying this it would be one thing, but every Mage who has this agrees and we have yet to get a response on any questions we have asked. So come on, at least give us some kind of explanation on your thinking that I haven't already covered and at the very least open a dialogue that we can come to some agreement on.

I dont play a beast lord so you guys need to bring your own data.

Last edited:
ok for the last time wen i playd my mag on raids in exo wen we have wind tank a boss it was we lost all tanks in phase one of the mob my pet get agro the healer spamd heals on the pet so we can maybe see phase 2 b4 we wip and ja we wiped you cant have the pet tanking stuff on tear maybe it can tak t 3-4 stuff but evry melee can do this at t9+

and for gloom i never used my pet ther only to dps the named

@Kanwen
So wait you had a list from a dev(marza) of what not to do on specific encounters and when we don't have this dev listing things off for us and babysitting our raids for us we are the ones at fault? Da fuck that is some twisted logic, and to top it all off we haven't ever gone out of our way to specifically cheat an encounter, get your facts straight or shut the fuck up.

@Kanwen
So wait you had a list from a dev(marza) of what not to do on specific encounters and when we don't have this dev listing things off for us and babysitting our raids for us we are the ones at fault? Da fuck that is some twisted logic, and to top it all off we haven't ever gone out of our way to specifically cheat an encounter, get your facts straight or shut the fuck up.

Marza gave us a rule on ONE fight you have done.

Funny, I told you that rule for gloom before you ever tried the encounter because I thought you might see it as a good way to deal with that phase (which is reasonable), but even after I told you that was a ban/jailable exploit I hear exo used it anyway!?!

IDK... You guys just do some dubious things that we never even thought of or had to be told not to do... how many raid fights use dragging the boss out of their room that is full of mobs that are part of the encounter as a legitimate strat?

How about in turuj when you clear half the trash for the loot reward off ultra easy named before the tribe has spawned, and nwaij just depops the rest for you later? Its so easy to fix this and make it legitimate, but you tell me "cuz killing a pull and respawning said pull just to fix isn't our job" To me that just kind of sounds like "if the game lets us exploit something we dont need to be reasonable about it, we will take the easiest route to phats"

I don't mean hostility, but if you are really curious about why people view you as exploiters, this is the kind of actions/attitude that create that image in a lot of peoples heads. If FWF thinks something probably isn't intended, we ask a dev and dont try it unless we hear otherwise. Exo seems to just do whatever they can get away with until they are told otherwise. Clearing half spawns of turuj is soo dubious when the trash is most of the difficulty on most of those tribes. I'd understand if there wasnt a way to fix it because of competition, but it would literally take you 3 minutes to fix the tribe to make it legitimate, and you would get more opus chances (in exchange for actually having all the harder trash pulls and stuff fully spawned)

The following post is a player-post and in no way official staff position.

Marza gave us a rule on ONE fight you have done.

Funny, I told you that rule for gloom before you ever tried the encounter because I thought you might see it as a good way to deal with that phase (which is reasonable), but even after I told you that was a ban/jailable exploit I hear exo used it anyway!?!
You are mixing up guilds here, it was CW who used pets that way and get yelled at by marza, never exo.

IDK... You guys just do some dubious things that we never even thought of or had to be told not to do... how many raid fights use dragging the boss out of their room that is full of mobs that are part of the encounter as a legitimate strat?
I dunno, if you have a new encounter that you have never beaten before, notice that the things that DT you up to a certain % suddenly change in size, stop DTing you, and instead the room is full of deadly things now - would you instantly recognize that leaving the room isn't a valid strat?

How about in turuj when you clear half the trash for the loot reward off ultra easy named before the tribe has spawned, and nwaij just depops the rest for you later? Its so easy to fix this and make it legitimate, but you tell me "cuz killing a pull and respawning said pull just to fix isn't our job" To me that just kind of sounds like "if the game lets us exploit something we dont need to be reasonable about it, we will take the easiest route to phats"

I don't mean hostility, but if you are really curious about why people view you as exploiters, this is the kind of actions/attitude that create that image in a lot of peoples heads. If FWF thinks something probably isn't intended, we ask a dev and dont try it unless we hear otherwise. Exo seems to just do whatever they can get away with until they are told otherwise. Clearing half spawns of turuj is soo dubious when the trash is most of the difficulty on most of those tribes. I'd understand if there wasnt a way to fix it because of competition, but it would literally take you 3 minutes to fix the tribe to make it legitimate, and you would get more opus chances (in exchange for actually having all the harder trash pulls and stuff fully spawned)

IDK about you, but I do not know how many trash there is per tribe, so if something in the deep end of a tribe is missing, or some random roamer, why should we even think the tribe isn't fully spawned? And if you really think the rest shouldn't be depopped then, IDK what to tell you.

Also as you very well know, all devs are on US time, so other then you, we do not necessarily have the luxury of asking the responsible dev for input.

Has never and will never happen shut the fuck up or get your facts straight.

When the start of an encounter is doing one thing then halfway though at a phase change it starts doing another you assume that's part of the strat i explained this to you and it was pretty logical at the time.

If by nwaij you mean eisley and if by exploiting something you mean posting on the boards about its random spawn timers and talking to eisley about it well we are doing it and asking him and seeing if he will remove the randomness and set it up so it all spawns at once, Sure. We are exploiting it. Once again shut the fuck up, or get your facts straight.

We never tried to leave the room on custodian because you never need to leave the room. I guess the wisps stopping DT seems odd (Pretty sure its so that they dont DT when you just run near/beside them while not trying to leave the room), but honestly how often in this game do you drag a raid boss out of its room that is full of monsters that are part of the encounter? To me that just seems like avoiding phases of the fight, so unless there seems like really no other option I wouldn't do it... in this case there is a pretty obvious other option though...

The instance in Turuj I saw this happen there was a LOT more than a few random trash left up, and you personally told me Nwaij would depop the later.

Why would you not just use the alcove. You already saw that partially killing Oktar had wasted a bunch of your time.

I see why you did what you did, there probably was no intention of exploiting, but at least in the cast of Turuj, why not use the alcove?!? You realize in your post on the boards we responded about the alcove and how you could use it?

If you were supposed to leave the room during custodian maybe the wisps would despawn and not be called a barrier wisp

I told you they would get dealt with i never told you who would be dealing with them, Eisley said he would clean it up after we left and i assumed he would do it if nwaij did it well whatever same end different means. Stop trying to A)Put words in my mouth B) Slander nwaij.

Edit: Even if nwaij did it you trying to imply some kinda tinfoil GM biased whatever it is your reaching for, Even if he did do it all he did was do YOUR raid a favor by despawning them and saving you head ache, They could have all been left up and been of no consequence to us as we wouldn't be back till they respawned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom