Runic Pack of the Hunter swarm pet fragility

nikosk

Dalayan Elder
Costs 990 mana and if the mob even does a fairly weak AOE, the swam pets all get murdered rendering mana wasted and dps horrible. I haven't played a beastlord until now, but I'm surprised this has stayed this way.. was there any plan to make these swarm pets non-aggroable/killable so they function as dps with "cool graphics" instead of making them such fragile creatures.

It also greys out the entire spell bar if it happens to fizzle.. making you unable to cast anything for about 6 seconds. That seems abnormal. Successfully casting it doesn't grey out the spell bar at all.

Last edited:
It also greys out the entire spell bar if it happens to fizzle.. making you unable to cast anything for about 6 seconds. That seems abnormal. Successfully casting it doesn't grey out the spell bar at all.

client bug with instant cast spells. also, bst runic 1 is extremely good and the timing of it is part of the balance. be more gooder

Most of what makes it good is whether the mob aoe's or not. Half the time it's worthless to cast. The other half I can finally do decent dps :p
Most mobs that AOE do it pretty often, there is never a 45 second area on most aoe-ing mobs that allow the pets to live worth it's mana to cast.

Last edited:
i hear swarming sharn ree works wonders especially in phase 2 maybe you should go try it and stop farming farhags

This spell is extremely powerful in the situations where it can be used to its fullest extent. Its major balance is the fact that some mobs can kill the pets off quickly. Timing it can help a lot - which means a good beastlord should be able to get some use out of it on the majority of encounters, but at the end of the day its just not a spell that can be cast on everything. It was purposefully balanced that way.

Maybe if they weren't light blue with tiny amounts of HP it would help a little with using it in a few more spots though.

Beastlords are already OP, making their swarm pet better would just make the imbalance even more pronounced.

So basically I'm pretty sure the next patch will give the swarm pets 10x more hp or 90% spell reflect.

This spell is extremely powerful in the situations where it can be used to its fullest extent. Its major balance is the fact that some mobs can kill the pets off quickly. Timing it can help a lot - which means a good beastlord should be able to get some use out of it on the majority of encounters, but at the end of the day its just not a spell that can be cast on everything. It was purposefully balanced that way.

what other class has 1/3 of their dps being completely situational... when beastlords are already by far the worst dps next to bards but we dont get cool bag of tricks bards do... maybe making our normal pet hit a little harder would help since we have been getting the real short end of the stick being effected by both pet nerfs and monkish (hand to hand) nerfs.

Back
Top Bottom