Serious Debation Rumbletorium Arguedome 2007

Discussion in 'Gold Mine' started by Thinkmeats, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Wesell

Wesell Dalayan Elder

What happened to my qoute!?!?!? :psyduck:

2. Spiritplx

Spiritplx Dalayan Elder

It is true. I told my secret to TM while we were lying in bed. He was quite horrified to say the least.

3. Andorraa

Andorraa Dalayan Adventurer

I fired one of my RA's on tuesday because she refused to do her job based on some idiotic mormon ideology. I told her to pass out flyers for an event I was interested in about a speaker coming to my school, and she made this huge deal about it. She was saying shit like I'm never listening to you again, I'm never passing out your atheist propaganda, I'm going to try and get you fired, etc.

After her little tirade of about 2 minutes, I just simply said "You're fired." It was a great moment. For insubordination, not because she's a mormon, of course.

4. Lacey_Lightfoot

Lacey_Lightfoot Banned Jerk

1/3 = .3333... in some sense, but only in terms of explaining a very complicated idea in simple terms. trying to convert that extremely complicated infinite number into a simple and finite fraction is useful for many reasons, but not this one because we are trying to examine .3333... now if you took this decimal number, and converted it into a fraction, can you make that fraction into 1/3? no you cant, because its an infinite number. now, if you understand how equality works, you should see that since it is impossible to turn the .3333... into 1/3rd, but possible to turn 1/3 into .3333.... that the idea of assuming that .333.... is equal to 1/3 is entirely untrue. you cannot simply assume that because we say 1/3 is equal to .33333... because thats what they teach, its not, but the idea of dealing with infinte decimals is extremely confusing and pointless for most cases, so we round it up by some unknown amount to magically make 3 x .333.... =1 because dealing with the fact that it infinitely approaches 1 while never actually becoming 1 is extremly confusing

5. Spiritplx

Spiritplx Dalayan Elder

Reminds me of a time I made someone quit her job because my twin brother and I were simply stating that Young Life is a cult. Even though we were being truthful, she got offended and quit the next day.

6. Wesell

Wesell Dalayan Elder

This doesn't make any damn sense.

1.) If you convert 0.333... to a fraction it is 1/3. 0.333... is not some number with some miniscule, but measurable difference from 1/3, it is 1/3.

2.) Unless Zorlaft has rewritten the rules of mathematics and eliminated the transitive property, if 1/3 = 0.333... then 0.333... = 1/3.

7. Thinkmeats

Thinkmeats War Is Good For Business

wesell i bet youre a communist because only a communist could say what you're saying

8. kukov

kukov Dalayan Beginner

I swear I've seen him rewrite the rules on real life several times, so mathematics was obviously the next step.

9. Ashleigh666

Ashleigh666 Staff Emeritus

math is sooo 5th grade :toot:

10. iaeolan

iaeolan Dalayan Elder

Asymptotes and limits at infinity, yey!

11. vistachiri

vistachiri Dalayan Master

12. Thinkmeats

Thinkmeats War Is Good For Business

that movie sucked

13. JayelleNephilim

JayelleNephilim "Helpy Helper"

bastard... beat me to it!

14. ryutakin

ryutakin Dalayan Beginner

[img width=591 height=600]http://www4.stat.ncsu.edu/~bmasmith/images/all.gif[/img]

15. vistachiri

vistachiri Dalayan Master

16. Ykari07

Ykari07 Dalayan Beginner

Any form of math that goes past basic multiplication/division is completely gay and I'm incapable of using it. Hihi failed trig courses.

Why the shit do I need to know that there are x number of quarters and y number of dimes in a piggy bank that total up to 5.65, how many of each are there? Fuck, I dunno. Bust the piggy bank open and find out. I don't need to do complicated equations to find out.

17. ryutakin

ryutakin Dalayan Beginner

I had a girl at my work be dumbfounded when I told her there was 241 pennies in two dollars and forty-one cents. She was actually trying to trick my thinking that since she didn't know I wouldn't

18. Spiritplx

Spiritplx Dalayan Elder

Math is fun

19. Reem

Reem Dalayan Beginner

1/infinity = 0

Do something with that Zorlaft. :hmph:

20. Yurkonzi

Yurkonzi Dalayan Beginner

YOU CANT DIVIDE BY 0 AND INFINITY IS 0