Shar Vahl fight - quest bugged

Seeth

Dalayan Adventurer
Did Shape of Loss fight last night on Fendyr and somehow the quest piece ended up going to Jaderia instead of Fendyr. I did the hail to open the portal into the zone. I hailed and went through all the conversations throughout the zone with all the cats. When we got to the final boss room none of the npcs would respond to hails prior to engage (not sure if this is normal or not?) Once the boss was at 10% it beckoned a character that did Shar Vahl last time it was up, but that char wasn't even online at the time and had not been in our raid at all. When I attempted to hail on Fendyr I got the "This is not yours..." message. Jaderia hailed it and got Jayla's guilt. My quest log shows me still on the last step. Help?

Edit: GM-Twist asked for a detailed account of what happened, so putting it here.

I necked to the vah camp to check to see if Shape is up. Spawned the vah camp like normal. Talked to Nevaldan, traveller throws my stuff in the fire and I get ported to shar vahl. I see Shape is up, neck back to vah camp and wait for guild ppl to run over. Respawn the vah camp, talk to Nevaldan again and we port off to vah town. I haven't done Shar Vahl for the quest before, so I basically talk to npcs when I'm told. We clear through the zone, I hail everyone and cycle the conversation options with everyone. Some of us, myself included die a few times during the clearing process, but I don't know that dying would cause any issues? We get to the room with Shape and I try hailing traveller and Nevaldan but they don't respond at all. Someone mentioned that the room didn't seem like it was setup the way it usually is, but I don't know if this is accurate or not. Sabuti hails the Shape, it emotes and we engage the thing but then realize someone is stuck behind a locked door. I end up getting evaced on Fendyr a couple times as we try to get everyone in while others are fighting Shape. We get everyone back in and continue until the part where we get teleported all over the zone like normal. We all come back to the room and the event continues. We get him down to 10% and I try to hail him and get the "this is not yours..." message. Jaderia hails it shortly after and it gives her the quest piece. I talked to the traveler during this and at this point she is responding to me. Relevant dialogue minus random spam chat in spoiler below.

[Fri Nov 06 00:41:45 2015] You say, 'Hail, The Shape of Loss'
[Fri Nov 06 00:41:45 2015] This is not yours...
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:09 2015] Sabuti says, 'Hail, a traveller'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:10 2015] Jaderia says, 'Hail, The Shape of Loss'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:10 2015] The spectre reaches into itself and pulls out a small, black stone. It places the stone in the palm of Jaderia before withering down to something... less.
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:13 2015] You are drawn to this place...
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:13 2015] You are drawn to this place...
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:16 2015] You say, 'Hail, a traveller'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:16 2015] a traveller tells you, 'You have your answer, Fendyr.' The traveller nods to the spectre on the far side of the room. 'Each of them a sin of mine. I knew each of them, I watched them live their lives spread as they were throughout history. I watched as each of them lost life and loved ones, I watched as their whole civilization fell to its knees, tipped over, and died. I sat behind my walls and I watched. What I saw, those memories, took the place of the objects you had to gather for Kishar and Ghare, held for the day when my desire to understand all things inevitably brought me to that one particular aspect of mortal life: Loss. Their scars are all these vah have in common with each other.'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:16 2015] - [D1] What should we do about the shade?
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:17 2015] +200% experience (Group Bonus)
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:17 2015] +50% experience (New Area Bonus)
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:17 2015] +15% experience (2.5 Is Imminent Bonus)
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:17 2015] You gain 22333 party experience!!
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:18 2015] You say, 'What should we do about the shade?'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:18 2015] a traveller tells you, 'It is my will that makes this place exist, but it is the will of the vah who give it form. All that pain crying out for expression, screaming for a voice... it was inevitable.' The traveller meets your gaze. 'My strength keeps this place intact. I have none left with which to fight. You've seen firsthand how dangerous this place is. If you do not kill *it*, it will surely kill *us*--god and mortal alike.' The traveller's expression wavers for a moment. 'Please, Fendyr. You've spent so long undoing my mistakes. Do so one last time--protect us all from the avatar of my sin. Approach it, Fendyr, and finish this.'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:55 2015] You say, 'Hail, a traveller'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:55 2015] a traveller tells you, 'You have your answer, Fendyr.' The traveller nods to the spectre on the far side of the room. 'Each of them a sin of mine. I knew each of them, I watched them live their lives spread as they were throughout history. I watched as each of them lost life and loved ones, I watched as their whole civilization fell to its knees, tipped over, and died. I sat behind my walls and I watched. What I saw, those memories, took the place of the objects you had to gather for Kishar and Ghare, held for the day when my desire to understand all things inevitably brought me to that one particular aspect of mortal life: Loss. Their scars are all these vah have in common with each other.'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:55 2015] - [D1] What should we do about the shade?
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:56 2015] You say, 'What should we do about the shade?'
[Fri Nov 06 00:42:56 2015] a traveller tells you, 'It is my will that makes this place exist, but it is the will of the vah who give it form. All that pain crying out for expression, screaming for a voice... it was inevitable.' The traveller meets your gaze. 'My strength keeps this place intact. I have none left with which to fight. You've seen firsthand how dangerous this place is. If you do not kill *it*, it will surely kill *us*--god and mortal alike.' The traveller's expression wavers for a moment. 'Please, Fendyr. You've spent so long undoing my mistakes. Do so one last time--protect us all from the avatar of my sin. Approach it, Fendyr, and finish this.'
[Fri Nov 06 00:46:39 2015] Taking a screenshot...
[Fri Nov 06 00:46:55 2015] Taking a screenshot...
[Fri Nov 06 00:47:07 2015] Taking a screenshot...
[Fri Nov 06 00:47:14 2015] Taking a screenshot...
[Fri Nov 06 00:47:59 2015] You begin casting Gate.
[Fri Nov 06 00:48:19 2015] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Fri Nov 06 00:48:41 2015] You have entered The Tears of Elael.

LX6UWdm.jpg

Last edited:
i think this bug may have happened because Jaderia did not complete the event last time failed the event. I remember a similiar bug happening in CW before.

Back
Top Bottom