Shards of Dalaya IRC - Real Time Help (Sometimes)

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
If you need more real time help you can often get it on our IRC:

irc.shardsofdalaya.com
#SoD

Be aware that this is not a replacement for this forum and there might not always be someone able to help around! Still, it is a good second option for those having problems.

Heya im haveing a problem logging in to any acount. my patch seems to load fine and brings me to accout login box but when i log it seems to time out and tell me to reload the patch.
ive been trying to log for 3 days now and im starting to have SOD withdraws lol so any help would be great thanx.

Heya im haveing a problem logging in to any acount. my patch seems to load fine and ive repatched all and i can get to the accout login point but when i log it seems to time out and tell me to reload the patch.
ive been trying to log for 11 days or so now .

Hey guys... been years since I've played. In a bout of nostalgia I installed this and recovered my accounts. I tried to log in, however, and can't enter my entire station name (I guess it's too long?)... I keep getting cut off one letter short. Any ideas on how I can log in?

Hey guys... been years since I've played. In a bout of nostalgia I installed this and recovered my accounts. I tried to log in, however, and can't enter my entire station name (I guess it's too long?)... I keep getting cut off one letter short. Any ideas on how I can log in?
The EQ login system has a 15-character limit for account names. I've unwittingly created accounts with names longer than this through the SoD registration portal only to realize they were forever inaccessible because of the character limit we've inherited from the original game. They exist within the SoD database, but there's no practical way to access them within the client. Might this issue be a factor? You said you already recovered the accounts though, which presumably means you've played on these accounts before. Maybe it's something else entirely....

Reactions: Tom
Please move your request to a new post, rather than the IRC post. If you are getting "station name" login, you're not patched correctly and logging into Live servers.

Reactions: Tom
The EQ login system has a 15-character limit for account names. I've unwittingly created accounts with names longer than this through the SoD registration portal only to realize they were forever inaccessible because of the character limit we've inherited from the original game. They exist within the SoD database, but there's no practical way to access them within the client. Might this issue be a factor? You said you already recovered the accounts though, which presumably means you've played on these accounts before. Maybe it's something else entirely....

Ah, interesting. I suppose that might be what's going on though I swear I had played on the account in question. I could be misattributing the characters I thought were on this account to another though. Thanks for the input Grinkles!

Please move your request to a new post, rather than the IRC post. If you are getting "station name" login, you're not patched correctly and logging into Live servers.

Sorry for posting to the wrong place... I thought that in lieu of an IRC chat I could post here for a quick reply but I guess I misinterpreted the heading. My apologies and thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom