Silver Band of Shojar

I find it kind of lackluster overall tbh. 2 ft is fine, and nice. I would have wanted something a bit more unique for a planar quest though.
On the lackluster part I defnitly agree. FT2 on a ring is an idea I didn't like to start with.

Are you out of your fucking mind? For a sacrifice of say 50m, in a very poorly itemized slot, gain stats casters normally do not gain, get no stun resist, a bit less resists, and a whopping 2 ft. Which ties you to FT a whole hell of alot less for not too terribly much of a sacrifice whatsoever. With it one could easily gain a metric ton of mana and stats in several slots I can point out later in the game, with no easy replacements in sight.
You mean, 50 mana, a nice focus effect one could have heare instead, and some advanced item effects, not to mention better resists (looking at upgraded & augged thaz boots, sparkling ash slippers & what not here). And yes, since flowing thought is more or less abduant, and focus effects are not (ever tried to get CompStrengh7 on a nec pre generals?), I say tmap boots suck.

Having a charm that provides a large amount of ft, is not a reason for bitching about ft, and saying it blows, when it's obvious to anyone with eyes that it does not.
I have eyes, I stated alternatives and why i say they blow. And I stick to it.

I mean hell, soulspike looks like nevian with its 2 ft too. Doesn't mean it's bad.
Two words: different slot.

Two if the items must have been fixed which is probably why there is confusion. I know for a fact all 4 were No Drop items originally because we specifically noted that before looting them on raids, but I was told by guildies today that two of them were changed to tradeable, I believe the bezel and one of the gems.

This is wrong. ALL items that are dropped are indeed no drop. If these items changed to droppable you need to send me a PM with who currently has them in that state.

I think the tank ring is the best ring for tanks I have seen so far and I don't see any reason why a priest would wear there ring not when there are a lot of better rings easier gettable.

Honestly, the dps ring and the tank ring are Irreplaceable in current content although an ear would have been nicer as decent earrings are probably the hardest to come by.

Silly question, but those people who got their ring using a 3rd party JCer and had it taken away....will they be getting back their quest pieces?

Upon petitioning you will get back the non jewelcrafting related parts back. Petitioning for the mold will be frowned upon since it is a pain in the ass to track *unless* you are going to personally up your jewelcrafting skill.

anyone remake them yet?
Caster Ring still the same as in initial post + Shojars Cruelity. I still think it needs to loose 1 FT and gain some mana to be worthwhile & comparable with other rings around that tier.

It would be just fine if one did not have the broke ass lower earth neck. Tbh you'd gain more mana overall picking up a farhag neck, moving the shojar ring in, and exchanging the loop for another earring.

If we're going to scream and bitch and moan about nev needing a nerf (which it got), I'm pointing the finger at that neck, arguably from a similar strength, and lower strength slot, and outpacing all but one of the items coming after it by a ton.

Last edited:
Nevian lost like 10 mana/HP and I think some random stats if I'm not mistaken which is not alot - it's been stated that Nevian is sorta OP'd due to the Aura of Balance (which is indeed huge if you consider the mob who drops it) - in my eyes it's not even a nerf but rather an adjust.

Rehn has been arguing for a Nevian nerf for quite some time now, and he still wears the ring. I am not sure who else actually said to nerf it, but for its tier, it is stupid good (most of our casters/priests still wear it and we are several tiers above it).

I would still use it if I were able to get one, and that sickens me.

Tbh aura of balance gaining in power was the product of all the old nerfs. Way back when say you had things like taeshlin robe and good vyir kiraset, aura of balance was not nearly as useful, or as powerful as it is, one also had a fair bit of choice in what they would wear in terms of keeping capped ft (which is actually essential as a caster throughout the game in most of the activities you will do), now there is very little, and an aura of balance item simply gives you breathing room, so that loot without flowing thought does not just rot in your bags.

Back
Top Bottom