SoD Purple Server?

Discussion in 'Games and Media' started by Vitali, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Vitali

Vitali Dalayan Master

With the success of P99 Green/Teal, WoW Classic, and the various EQ progression servers I can't help but think there would be some cool potential for a fresh Shards of Dalaya server too.

I know it's been tossed around in the past, discussions about just wiping the server and starting fresh, making changes if it ever were to happen, etc etc. The biggest reluctance to do that was the loss of progress.

Is there a way we could just start a second server? Take the existing code, remove player data, and send it out.
    I don't really have anything to add aside from that. Add a cool color to the name. Shards of Dalaya Purple server.

I have been playing P99 Green since it launched and almost the entire time I play I think to myself "Man, look at all these people. I wish SoD had a fresh start to play from. I bet a lot of people would come back to play. New people would be less intimidated by the mountain of content too if they had the same footing as anyone else."

marshak and Whopperfoo like this.
  2. mechkl

mechkl Dalayan Elder

Wow. What a great idea. I so glad i found this post with no coercion what so ever.

Real talk tho, a fresh start Sod server would be great, there is so much early content that was added late in the server life that never really got to shine, could revitalize the server population. People love starting things over for that nostalgia high!

Vitali likes this.
  3. Tevinter

Tevinter Dalayan Pious Diety

fresh sod server would give me true purpose in life again. please do it

Vitali likes this.
  4. Lleoc

Lleoc Dalayan Master

It will be called SoD blueballs because the same people will rise to the top while others just get annoyed about them while being wholly unwilling to be a part of a community outside of their own "kind".

5. iBluNT

iBluNT Dalayan Elder

^^ this guy has a bad attitude.

6. Nebi

Nebi Dalayan Pious Diety

i would play this server.

Vitali likes this.
  7. Draeos

Draeos Dalayan Elder

this would be cool, i'd like to see what the bare min required for getting content dead would be. Would definitely require some tweaks to certain quests, xp, time sinks.

Fun idea SoD but streamlined limited time thing, drop rates on everything doubled or tippled(raid mobs 6man opus tomes cash money, named/respawn rate increased same as above, xp boosted to match, remove a few bottlenecks to key quests, first time thaz 4 dies starts a clock to end the server after x amount of time.

The above will never happen but boy would it be fun.

8. Wollywack

Wollywack Dalayan Beginner

As a new-ish player I would love to play on a fresh server. Been thinking about trying P99 green/teal but from the little bit of P99 I played years ago I really prefer SoD. Also I just want to knock you all down to my level for a little while.

9. defixio

defixio Dalayan Adventurer

I'd say its worth a try to see if folks enjoy it.

For what it's worth tho getting into the starting raid game on existing SoD is smoother now with Hate.

(edit) okay i thought about this and i think there are a few things that could help smooth over new server starting. I made a new character in july and i noticed that there's definitely a few things that are super obnoxious to "catch up on" that should/could be smoothed out with quests and make new player or restarting easier. I may make a post about that later outside this thread since it isn't the main subject.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Vitali likes this.
  10. Vitali

Vitali Dalayan Master

Yeah playing P99 green has been fun, but I just like SoD as a game more than vanilla EQ. Would be nice to have a population like P99 honestly.

11. Robolobster

Robolobster Dalayan Beginner

I'd be all over this