Solo/Duo/Group leveling guide

Rari

Game Master
For the last few days, Thade and I have been putting together a new leveling guide for the wiki. We tried to make it accessible to all classes. Wanted to post it here before it is moved to a live page. Its currently in my user space, so going to ask people to not make edits to it directly yet. But really hoping for some feedback - if you see anything that you think should be reworked or think something should be added, please let us know. And let us know why.

Leveling Guide Rough Draft

""also unsure what you mean by solo in your "solo leveling guide section". Do you mean solo as in 2 boxxing or solo as in only 1 character? If by solo you mean only 1 character, then does the group guide apply to duos? or are you working on a duo guide?**

Level 10-20 Wbadlands there are a few bandit camps. Gnoll camp is also very nice around 13-16ish, only 1 double pull, rest are singles.

Feedback: I like the way you clearly list the zone names and their corresponding level ranges. Makes it easy to get the info you want without the hassle of reading through alot of stuff you don't want to read.

All I can think of right now. Looks nice, thanks.

Last edited:
Might consider lake starfall goblins that drop 2-5pp per which can add up early on, as well as gsm wraiths in the 45-60 range that can drop up to 9pp ea as well as essence that sells for 2pp each.

How about adding a section for earning experience and cash at the same time? In addition to what Moraelintz said, I'll add:

MielechA Mummified Frogloks. The frogs are 16-20, undead, only spawn at night and have a 10 minute respawn. They drop balsam occasionally which sells well to tradeskillers(~25pp each as of September 2010). In addition, the Undertaker is behind a secret wall, although pulling him without drawing too many adds may be difficult. He drops an okay 2handed sword and some stamina boots (~10-20pp each?). Once day turns to night, the froglok sacrifice spawns in a nearby room which drops a nice caster bracelet.

@zorlon - updated the charm section, hopefully a little better now. A lot of things in the techniques section were c&p from old guides, and while I tried to rework them so they were current, some things (like charming) I don't do much of, so some specifics might slip by me. So thanks for pointing all that out.

@brickle11: the non-solo leveling guide was listed as a subsection to groups and duos, so thought that was clear. but I'll reword the second title to read "Groups and Duos Leveling Guide." Hopefully that'll put an end to confusion.

(I'm not directly responding to zone/area/mob suggestions for now but we'll consider anything suggested here - Thade will level check them and we'll discuss the areas first, so don't expect to see immediate updates in those sections)

Things that I do not forsee:
Listing quests/bounty quests: Quest timeline breaks everything down nicely and I just reworked the bounty quests category so it has a nice, sortable display interface as well - don't see any benefit in repeating that in the guide. There is entire section at the bottom with links to various quest resources found on the wiki.

Listing specific items: There is a note at the bottom (in the adventure/making money section) that points out selling tradeskill items to players is $$. Farming specific drops is more focused on profit than leveling, imo. However, anywhere we can reach a happy medium we'll try to list the area, so feel to keep suggesting them.

Last edited:
Frosthorn coast gnolls are some of the best exp 48-54 I think, they are soloable by every class and I am pretty sure you can kill wildlife for exp turnins before you ruin your gnoll faction.

If you don't mangle your frosthorn gnoll faction you just aren't cool.

I wish there were more than 3 enchanters on the server that knew how powerful they are.

Cool; there will be a link on the Enchanter page when you come with something that you're satisfied with. If you want to check any player spells btw, they're all freshly parsed on the wiki now.

Ok some good critique is in. Apparently GoG doesn't boost attack which I didn't know, so it's only good for the proc, and at the early level 65 stages your mana pool isn't great, so that isn't very beneficial. I'll do a different vid at a different spot, it's fun to make anyway.

RIP overhaste giantkin , long live boon of garou pet.

Might consider lake starfall goblins that drop 2-5pp per which can add up early on, as well as gsm wraiths in the 45-60 range that can drop up to 9pp ea as well as essence that sells for 2pp each.

You can start on those wraiths earlier than that, even solo. My wizzie started on them at 36 iirc, and a bard friend at right around that point. They are almost all red at that point, put at 37 you start seeing more yellows. By 39, you'll see it range from blue to red.

Frosthorn animals are good for the exp and quest turn in items. From probably around 35 to 45-ish. And with all that gnoll faction built up, you can then pick them off slowly and ruin it.

Late 30's and 40's, go to heartlands also. If the robots are camped, you can always go to the goblin cave. Other than the frenzy, they are fun to fight. Just make certain your healer(s) are awake.
Great Divide animals near the harthuks caves are good for the 40's, also.

Though really, everyone and their brother/sister goes to Robots in the 40's anyways.

As for the 20's, besides the drakes in GSM, you can gather up the wandering goblins down by the docks and slay them. Especially good for bard ae kiting.

Last edited:
"AE kiting is generally how a bard will solo at the lower levels, and when you get two chants at level 42, you start chant kiting as it is much faster and more effective. "

Bards have two chants by level 38. Level 30 magic damage chant, level 38 fire damage. Might want to edit that to say level 38 instead of 42.

"AE kiting is generally how a bard will solo at the lower levels, and when you get two chants at level 42, you start chant kiting as it is much faster and more effective. "

Bards have two chants by level 38. Level 30 magic damage chant, level 38 fire damage. Might want to edit that to say level 38 instead of 42.

I'm bad and forgot about the existence of furtils because well, it's kinda bad when you get it! But your point stands.

It's terra-bad actually.
I used ae kiting for most of the 30's, and saved chant kiting for bigger mobs (spectres, giants, giant skels) exclusively until the disease chant. After I got the disease chant at 42, then I pretty much just chant kited stuff.

Ok then, how does "AE kiting is generally how a bard will solo at the lower levels, and when you get two chants at level 42, you start chant kiting as it is much faster and more effective. You techinically have two at level 38 but your first chant isn't very good for this." sound?

Sure thing. Generally better (and less confusing) to tell people why they shouldn't do something than just telling them not to (or omitting it entirely.)

Change in!

1. fear kiting - necs using this technique should be careful about sympathetic aggro prior to 16 and the first FD.

2. Root rotting - It's a little ambiguous about only dots with an initial direct damage component breaking root.

Very nice though peeps.

Last edited:
1. fear kiting - necs using this technique should be careful about sympathetic aggro prior to 16 and the first FD.

2. Root rotting - It's a little ambiguous about only dots with an initial direct damage component breaking root.

Very nice though peeps.

Cleaned up both Fear kiting and Root rotting.

(and thanks!)

I don't see centaur hills/bb on the list.

Centaur Hills added to Starter areas. Droods and Rangers rejoice.

Blackburrow is in the low 10 - 20 range, so might have missed it.

Man, I even reminded myself out loud not to forget CH. :dumbsad:

Back
Top Bottom