Spelling/Grammar/Language mishaps in Quests

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
Please post any of these that you find in this thread, as they're generally minor and don't really deserve threads of their own.

Mantle of the Senior quest

Mantle of the Senior quest, final turnin:

Lady Abyrall says, 'Ahh, well done Apprentice. Here's your new mantle. It can be [improved] furhter.'

furhter -> further.

Postmasters claim be to 'empoyed'

Mysterious Summons

'acustomed' - accustomed

Gods of Dalaya - page 4 'put' his pure(should be but)
page 5 - to display hid distance(his)
page 7 - and rarely make rash decision(makes)
page 20 - scholers(scholars)
page 23 - existance(existence)

Racial History
page 14 - proficent seafarers(proficient)
page 17 - divided on wheter(whether)
page 18 - Iksar ofr recent(of)
page 27 - a bloody group(coup?)
page 30 - consequenses(consequences)
page 34 - erronous(erroneous)
page 48 - consequenses

A few quests I've found have had issues with the NPCs only responding to the trigger words if they're capitalized properly; either all lower case or certain words capitalized. I want to say Za`Yth was one of them, though it might have been Husrag. I'll go back and try to figure out where else I've had that problem.

[Thu Nov 24 16:32:01 2005] The Last tells you, 'By now you wonder where you are, and the purpose of this. I know you do. Introductions will have to wait, but it is suffice to say that you have been chosen. This night marks the end of your old life, and the beginning of a new. You have chosen a way to walk, a profession to learn, a set of tools. Tomorrow, you will become a Bard. So does it fit that tomorrow you will live your life with a [new purpose].'

"but it is suffice", change to either "but it is sufficient to say" or "but suffice it to say".

Captain Algo in Riverdale says the trigger phrase, [dissapearings]. Many respond with the correct disappearings. :p

If it hasn't been changed already, you might want to change the dialog with Primalist Vylva about the metal studs for the beastlord newbie armor. She directs them to see a merchant about acquiring them. And seeing that they are no longer being sold by the merchant, this will cause confusion with future players.

Found one in the lastest part of the Main quest:

[Mon Dec 05 19:56:27 2005] Loremaster Tresaria tells you, 'Yes, this is exactly what I had hoped you would find. It shows that while brutal, his people are just that... people. They serve him for many reasons, from fear to misguided loyalty.'
[Mon Dec 05 19:56:27 2005] - [And what now?]
[Mon Dec 05 19:56:27 2005] You gain experience!!
[Mon Dec 05 19:57:17 2005] You say, 'and what now?'
[Mon Dec 05 19:57:18 2005] Loremaster Tresaria tells you, 'Ah, a curious soul. So you have learned that Kaezul's Legion is filled with people just like any army, fighting for what they believe in... or what they are told. Now you must experience the corruption... how Kaezul touches the land with his evil magic. The road you follow from here is up to you: Priestess Andrenia and Taroceth the Decaying will both offer their views on the plagues Kaezul has spread... you should be able to find them in the northern dadlands. The choice is up to you.'

dadlands? :)

In Everfrost, Bailron says, "Gah, leave me be. My buisness if dying and I'm in no mood to chat."

I'm guessing business was meant. Neither forms yeild anything and being indifferent.

On the prompt to Master Hysath in the town Grobb, when you give him the prompt, 'What disciples?' he replies with the messege, "...as all life springs from the waters of Daylaya..." therefore, Dalaya is spelled incorrectly.

I totally forgot about this post, sorry. Here is my original, missplaced, post:

Talking to Tylazik`s Remains in the Hidden Temple of Yaralith, he eventually says:
- [What consequenses were there?]

You say, 'what consequenses were there?'

Which I think should look like:
- [What consequences were there?]

You say, 'what consequences were there?'

Notice he understands consequenses.

Btw, this quests looks awesome :).

When doing one of the first steps in the main quest to receive your Gemstone of learning the following, highlighted in red, are miss-spelled:

Eranos Nel`Tav tells you, 'Ahh, you have made your pilgrimmage to the Wastes of Tarhyl, and returned with what I asked of you. Not only are you willing to learn, but you are also willing to do as asked. Take this book, study it like the others. The time will come when you must put the knowledge gained from it to use. And as a reward for your willingness to learn, I give you this: you need only apply it to the piece of jewelry of your choosing to receive its benefits. For now though, I feel it is time you learned of the times just before, and just after the fall.'

You gain experience!!
You recieve Gemstone of Learning from Eranos Nel`Tav.
You recieve A Look at Racial Histories, Life Before Kaezul from Eranos Nel`Tav.

This is nitpicky, but if you're going to make us type out whole multiple-sentence phrases, it should be noted that periods are supposed to have two spaces after them before the next letter.

StefanProdan said:
This is nitpicky, but if you're going to make us type out whole multiple-sentence phrases, it should be noted that periods are supposed to have two spaces after them before the next letter.

Aren't both forms accepted?

Liam said:
StefanProdan said:

Aren't both forms accepted?

Yes.

During the main quest when you talk to the three people about the corruption, when you talk to helleron you get this snippet:

'You see, at the beginning, when only a few centaurs were being corrupted, we locates certain sites ..."

Probably Located

The othmir for the Main Quest says this when hailed.

Healer Crachek says "Greetings outside. What brings you to the coast."

Back
Top Bottom