Spelling/Grammar/Language mishaps in Quests

Voice of Althuna in Sea of Swords:
"Her champions, the Paladins, endlessly battle against the forces of Evil."

Currently reads endlessy, without the L.

Leader Dannisin in Eastern Plaguelands:
You say 'The plague spread to you?'
Leader Dannisin says, 'We changed ...' <snip to shorten> '... Many were taken by the voices, turned on their fellow men, ...' <snip to shorten>

Currently reads follow, where the first O should be an E.

Lake Starfall: Lead Artificier Marynni says, 'Hmm... I think you should talk to Velik. She might have something to interest you.'

Velik is male not female.

Seeker Iggib in the Valley of Erimal:
You say, 'Ok, so you like to study body parts then?'
Seeker Iggib says, 'Right you are! I am a gnome, so of course tinkering with spare parts is in my blood. Only I don't enjoy being involved with machinery, biology is more my area of expertise. You know, living, breathing creatures. Anyhow, I've recently taken a liking to frogloks, and would like to learn more about them. The frogloks of Mielech in particular. They're very aggressive over their territory, so unfortunately I doubt they will surrender easily.

Currently reads era.

Researcher Delig in the Heartland Plateau:
You say, 'Tell me about the Blackscale.'
Researcher Delig says, 'A nasty lot. Apparently... ... They respect nothing except power and strength, and...'

Currently reads expect, instead of except.

The ceremonially buried priest in Yaralith involved with the shaman mask quest has a mispelling in its name. The "i" is missing in "ceremonially."

For the Sadri Malath gateneck quest, I noted the during the discussion with the "sane froglok" that one of the choices the PC has at a point is "Who's mind are we talking about" ; should be "whose mind" I suppose.

When Hailing the First Artificier Guntz for the SF 2 Quests:

First Artificier Guntz tells you, 'Aye, hail to you. Welcome to the Great Library of Thurgadin. My name is Guntz, first of the Artificiers of Thurgadin.'

- [Artificers?] <----- I think that's supposed to be Artificiers as well.

Found two items in the "Mantle of the Senior" Quest today - this is the response you get from Lord Mantak after you give him your Mantle of the Apprentice:

Lord Mantak says, 'Ah, you're an apprentice of the towers. Yes, I do know how to fuhter enchant this mantle. You'll need to acquire a shark skin, the claws of a kodiak bear and the tentacle from a tentacle beast. Give it all as your mantle to Lady Abyrall.'

1) Spelling - fuhter should be spelled further

2) Grammar - "Give it all as your mantle..." - not sure if this was intended slang in the game, but if not, re-phrasing this part would make sense. Something simple like "Give all three of these items and your mantle to Lady Abyrall." would work.

- Tydarius :dance:

Not sure if this should go here, but the Crystal Oracle in Everchill Caverns drops a "Frosted Saphire," Sapphire is spelled with two p's.

noticed a couple errors in the new OSM quest...

this is verbatim from my logs....

Misrilda the Scarred scowls at you, the scarred skin of her face contorting in an unnatural way, "What do you want, Dark Elf?"

|I want to know what it is that YOUR doing here, Iksar?|

and then my fat-fingered reply which was accepted..

You say, "I want to know what it is that TOUR doing here, Iksar"

In Eastern Plaguelands when you hand 3 Puma Meats into Mathos.

Mathos says, 'Excellent. Thank you for providing us with puma meat. Here, as promissed, a bit of a payment. If you can recover more meat, I will gladly pay you for another three slabs.'

Should be promised, not promissed.

When speaking to Lady Shaina, after you say "Nothing else. I am ready to continue." She says "...the second behemoth are exactly what we need..."

Should read "...the second behemoth is exactly what we need."

In North Badlands at the bridge, the guard who hands out the Badlands tasks is a bit confused...

When turning in pelts from plague gnolls in EBL he refers to them as spider tarsus. :)

The quest works fine it's just the success dialog that is messed up when he thanks you for helping kill the gnolls. He says something to the effect of "blah blah then return two more spider tarsus' to me"

Listing my journal returns, among other things, this:

5: [Until Death Us Do Part]

When it should be:

5: [Until Death Do Us Part]

as per Wiki and generally common knowledge. Also, this is a Council of Innovation quest given by 'a gnoll priestess' in Starfall.

skirbthemac said:
Listing my journal returns, among other things, this:

5: [Until Death Us Do Part]

When it should be:

5: [Until Death Do Us Part]

as per Wiki and generally common knowledge. Also, this is a Council of Innovation quest given by 'a gnoll priestess' in Starfall.

I didn't notice this before, but TM is probably making a clever reference to the fact that your mission here is to kill the priestess' plague infected husband so they can be reunited in the after life.

The phrase was "Until Death Us Do Part" before it was "Until Death Do Us Part". Both are valid, but "Until Death Us Do Part" makes more grammatical sense (it means 'we will be together until death parts us', basically).

Also, in all honesty I didn't even know about that pun until after the fact, but that's totally something I would do.

Back
Top Bottom