Starting an Adept killing group

Ill give ya a hand, I do enjoy killing adepts. When you get up to the 43 adept I have a gnome sk (not really twinked)

and my personal taxi (well he was made to taxi my monk around) and now hes locked in at 55 for the new adept and of course traek/robots. (hes slightly twinked)

1) Dewku (sk current level 43 been there for a few months)
2) Taetew (wizard level 55)

There is fun in doing adept that you need loot from, its the excitement of rolling that 19 out of 5000 and hopes that will hold for the win! heh

ps my dice suck!

Okay, well i got another of my « good ideas ».

I'll be giving items away to everyone who wants to partake in the group, at my own expense.

That should settle everything out good. :)

dude

Hmmm.

I don't feel u should have to give items away at your own expense. What you are
doing is not only nowhere near as terrible as some people made it out to seem in the
first place ( i'm sure you'd hit each adept 1 time at most, and just breeze on through anyway )
but now that you have taken away the twinking requirement, i feel it is actually a great idea.

my reasonoing? i didnt get to hit a lot of adepts on my way up because in some level ranges it
was damn near impossible to get a group together for them. My original intention
was to hit every adept but in all honesty that idea was blown to pieces because it just
wasnt feasible.

I hit Grikky twice.. Beetle Queen once ( miststalker wasnt up ), couldnt get a worthwhile group for Angarr, couldnt get a group period for the fae drake.. tried Huntfang 3 times but couldnt do it with my group... coudlnt get a good group for fleshflower until 4 hours into trying, did take it down finally. locked at Redmaw to get his jawbone.. killed him 5 times ( it was downright agonizing to form a group for it but not as bad as fleshflower or huntfang was ) and he never once dropped the jawbone.. wiped on snowskin a few times and gave up.. then just said screw adepts til i hit 55 and the new one came out.. so now im locked at 55 doing Nalia/Traek/Pounders. which is a breath of fresh air because its easy to get a group going.

So.. i feel you are doing SoD a good service now, without the need to give out free loot as an
incentive. Im totally down to help out.. i was planning on twinking out a Ranger or Bard as my next guy.. even though i wont need any of the loot, we will be giving untwinked characters a solid base to be able to fight these adepts, and im sure they will need what we dont.

What classes do you need? Since i'm a newbie, I could just remake a needed class for this grand adventure.

Well from what i've seen, we have ranger, shaman , bard, probably another DPS i will be making... so a healer would be golden but it's no biggy.

Whenever you hit the range for Angarr, look me up. Friend and I have been parked at 14 trying to get a group for him for some drops but its like pulling teeth to find anyone willing. Usually they don't want to drop whatever BB exp group they have to make the trip.

On the topic of twinking to take them out, kinda double edged sword. Personally I enjoy twinking and have done it and at the same time have leveled untwinked chars (live and other games, not so much here).

The problem is, while killing them untwinked is that much more rewarding and you're much more likely to use the gear that drops, with the difficulty of forming decent groups based on levels/classes available and the fact that most will turn you down rather than skip out on their exp, the slight edge twinking gives can make the difference in taking down an adept with a subpar group.

I don't know if its the fact people can level up so quickly and feel the adept gear becomes obsolete too soon to warrant them making the effort to form/join a group, travel to whatever zone the adept is in, and risk an hour or more trying to fill out the group when you might end up wiping without success, or if they simply don't care.

In a perfect world we could find all the classes we needed within a reasonable amount of time (less than 2-3 hours) form up and kill or wipe a few times and move on, but there just doesnt seem to be interest enough in most adepts to entice people to try them out rather than sit in an exp grind group.

I'd absolutely love to go through and kill all the adepts for the experience, and to do so untwinked. With the current lack of interest in the general population I feel that the only way to go through killing them would be to get a few like minded friends and 2 box 6 or more chars covering all the necessary roles and then just pick up random lfg dps as needed.

Frustrating as I love the idea of the adepts and want to experience/kill them, but can only kill stuff with exp lock on for so long before you look for something else to do or play from lack of interest.

tl;dr - untwinked adept killing = great idea, too few interested in killing adepts, trying to form adept groups at most levels = major headache and multiple hour wait.

Can I get in on this? sounds fun but im level 14. I wanted to kill that mummy adept that is level 14 max engage from the wiki.

Still doing a few grikk / Beetle / Mistwalker kill, level 9-12

If anyone in these levels, would appreciate a hand sometimes.

I just started here, I currently have a level 11 shaman and monk. If anyone is doing an adept and would like my help send a tell to Reiker.

So it's been a while but zody is now level 14 and ready to pwn Angar.

Gonna try and contact people that posted and please send tells if you want in... gonna take 3-4 shots. :)

Angar down tonight with FIVE people. Yes FIVE.

Bard ( me )
Bard
Enchanter
Cleric
mage

Only 2 twinkies !

Rock on guys. 2-3 more kills of Angar then moving to FlitterWing.

Also taking screenshots of the fights , will do a BLOG when i'm done. I'm also considering prolonguing this experience into Tier raiding... just cause I can. Will take a while but i'm working on it... :)

When you move on to flitterwing let me know, have a cleric and enchanter trying to get a few more kills on him.

Back
Top Bottom