t-1 to T-OVER 9000!!!

Aegamin

Dalayan Elder
Hey there. I'm probably a ways off from raiding and am currently reacclimating myself to the game after being away for yeeeeears. Also, I'm still in the newb guild and I don't think they do much raiding. I'm reading a lot of your discussions and the whole t1 to t13 thing kind of confuses me a tad. Would anyone be able to break it down a little more for me in layman's terms, please?

Lvl 1 to 65 is the games tutorial.

At 65 you can start killing cool raid monsters, and their difficulty is described based on their tier.

The tier system is a completely arbitrary method created by players.

A T0 or T1 is the lowest tier. Think like tmaps or outdoor world bosses. T13 is currently end game as the 2 T14 mobs have yet to be killed (even after all these years).

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Raid_Tiers

Should help

Its not "completely arbitrary." If you look on the wiki, raid monsters are broken down into tiers based on difficulty/reward. To call someone "tier 12" would refer to the boss's they kill, majority of gear they have, and what/how many tomes they have done. Once upon a time everyone was "65+" or "65+++" etc. That seems to have gone away.

Vartax/Ayanos

These guys are trolls, don't listen to them. Here's some real information about the tiers. The purpose of this organizing encounters in raid tiers is to give players a reasonable estimation of the difficulty of the encounter, as well as links to individual bosses for each tier.

Here's a link to each zone and their tiers.
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Raid_Tiers

raid tiers are basically the way monsters are organized by players based on fight difficulty and loot quality. To call a character t10, or whatever tier means that most of their gear comes from that tier of monsters. Other things like AA count, tomes, and charm also factor in. The list isnt perfect, and some people will argue that some monsters are tX difficulty with tZ loot, but its a mostly reliable list that even devs will sometimes use a general rule of thumb.

Arbitrarily - subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion (courtesy of dictionary.com)

So if the wiki is updated and the information within it is provided by players, that would mean the tier system was decided on by the players and thus their judgement on difficulty. Which would mean Daenar is 100% accurate?

Arbitrarily - subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion (courtesy of dictionary.com)

So if the wiki is updated and the information within it is provided by players, that would mean the tier system was decided on by the players and thus their judgement on difficulty. Which would mean Daenar is 100% accurate?

Your entire comment is arbitrary. Go troll someone else.

Holy smokes. Who'da thunk that a player made wiki would be subject to interpretation. I have seen numerous fights on the wiki change what tier they were listed in, and numerous times I think like Zaela or Marza or someone mention how the "tier" system (now that i think it was Tao) was made by players and they found it "cute" that we used it. With great asshole knowledge comes great asshole responsibility.

Your entire comment is arbitrary. Go troll someone else.
How is it arbitrary I was just stating what the wiki you linked says in the header. "Wiki content is created, maintained, and administrated by players. "

And if you look closer at the tier page on said wiki there is a link to a discussion page for players to suggest changing of tier rankings if they personally feel they are wrong.

How is it arbitrary I was just stating what the wiki you linked says in the header. "Wiki content is created, maintained, and administrated by players. "

And if you look closer at the tier page on said wiki there is a link to a discussion page for players to suggest changing of tier rankings if they personally feel they are wrong.

There is a wiki page that shows the tiers. End of discussion. Wish Nwaji was here to lock this thread.

15jdm3.jpg

I still chuckle when I re-read this thread and see someone calling people trolls and telling the OP not to listen to given information and then gives the exact same link........

Hey there. I'm probably a ways off from raiding and am currently reacclimating myself to the game after being away for yeeeeears. Also, I'm still in the newb guild and I don't think they do much raiding. I'm reading a lot of your discussions and the whole t1 to t13 thing kind of confuses me a tad. Would anyone be able to break it down a little more for me in layman's terms, please?

If you still have questions about this, pm me.

Back
Top Bottom