The 2.5 Bug List

Here's what I see every time I enter Red Sun Peaks:

Buggy%20Lavastorm_zpsefiwgill.jpg

My character is unable to move from his spot and cannot leave a ducking stance once it is engaged. This makes the zone unusable to me, along with Emberflow, Lasanth, and so on. Unfortunately, inserting Kerolynne's Lavastorm files didn't fix it for me. Am I the only one having this issue?

I'm at work at the moment so i cant get you all the information but look at Project1999 and there is a guide on 2 files you need to delete to get on there. One time i did not delete the 2 files (neriak and lavastorm) and it appeared like this. So just delete one of the lavastorm files and it will fix it.

I'm at work at the moment so i cant get you all the information but look at Project1999 and there is a guide on 2 files you need to delete to get on there. One time i did not delete the 2 files (neriak and lavastorm) and it appeared like this. So just delete one of the lavastorm files and it will fix it.
I dug up this P99 thread, deleted the relevant files, and now RSP works fine for me once again. Thank you.

updated
-- fixed bugs: harm touch / lich / beastlord pet mimic npc
-- added bugs: food labels / some group things

were any other bugs from the list fixed in the last patch?

were any other bugs from the list fixed in the last patch?

[A Gift for the Gruploks] quest seems to not take my turn-in for the Murk Leech Meat. I have tried various ways.

Edit: I tested this in Windows 10, and it came up fine. The problem I think is with Wine in Linux. If the turn-in was reduced to 4 meats instead of 5, that would prevent the compatibility issue.

Last edited:
So far, I see no mention of the loss of spell landing messages. Only scripted pseudo-spells (such as the big AEs from Notus of the Wind or the AE cast by Dread Captain Ilithka during the Spires Duo fight) show up with their flavor text. The "Lindstrom pulses with energy" message when Empower lands, for example, does not show up in 2.5; nor does the "a gnoll brute's feet adhere to the ground" message from Root show up. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with the current client, as it is very easy to lose track of who already received buffs vs. who needs them, especially with single-target buffs.

Here is another bug Medical kits only last for 1 charge instead of 10.
Edit: charges are supposed to be 20 not 10. that is what I get going from memory.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think there are a couple items that seem to have only 1 charge instead of thier full capacity

Toons will sometimes be invisible to other players, relogging usually fixes this, alternatively allowing that person to zone in completely before other group members enter the zone prevents the bugs.
I have no idea how bug happens. I can't reproduce it consistently. I think I've only seen it happen once in my dev environment.
But to alleviate some of this trouble, I added back in the "/cm refresh" command. It's faster than having to relog. And obviously, with the group/raid situations, if a group leader gets this bug it's a huge pain.
/cm refresh will also help for those times you forgot to mem cunning/curses/shout etc. Should be live soon.

Piggybacking this thread:
If you crash a zone accidentally if you could jump on irc and leave a brief description of what happened in #sod or a private message that would be helpful in debugging the zone crash. Timestamps are all recorded so I should be able to easily correlate zone crashes with messages in #sod.

i keep praying for a fix for filters and spell emotes. two of my biggest annoyances

but a question - does it take anyone else like 4 minutes to get into game now instead of like 45 seconds like old client? curious if its something on my end or not.

i keep praying for a fix for filters and spell emotes. two of my biggest annoyances

but a question - does it take anyone else like 4 minutes to get into game now instead of like 45 seconds like old client? curious if its something on my end or not.
Sometimes it takes me 30 sec, sometimes it takes me 5 min. Haven't been able to correlate this to anything so far.

No idea about the loading game time.
For filters / spell emotes, if someone can narrow down the problem that would be much appreciated.
So far I know that if you take minor healing for an example:
I know the following are missing: "Cast on You" and "Cast on Other" message just don't display at all.
Is there anything else? (Link to another post explaining this would be helpful too if it exists).

Also related to this thread, *maybe* fixed a shared mind bug that was causing a few crashes last night in prison/eleal I saw.

No idea about the loading game time.
For filters / spell emotes, if someone can narrow down the problem that would be much appreciated.
So far I know that if you take minor healing for an example:
I know the following are missing: "Cast on You" and "Cast on Other" message just don't display at all.
Is there anything else? (Link to another post explaining this would be helpful too if it exists).

Also related to this thread, *maybe* fixed a shared mind bug that was causing a few crashes last night in prison/eleal I saw.

I know when I have been playing recently I get constant Focus Effect messages whenever a spell is cast or a weapon procs, regardless of what the filter in Alt+O says. Could be what he is mentioning in the other post.

I know when I have been playing recently I get constant Focus Effect messages whenever a spell is cast or a weapon procs, regardless of what the filter in Alt+O says. Could be what he is mentioning in the other post.
Ok so you're saying these don't show up under the filter "Focus effects"? (Assuming such a filter exists). Also, if focus effect spam happening for irrelevant spells (for example, healing focus showing after casting a damage spell etc) or is that not a thing?

You can turn on the filters, but they don't persist through zoning/logging. There are a couple of filters that do persist -- iirc these are the melee hit/miss ones, e.g., "My Misses".

And you only have to turn one of the filters back on once you zone to have all the filters in the window be reapplied.

Focus effects (which are filterable under the Focus Effects filter) are happening for the correct spells as far as I can tell.

Pretty sure all of your items glowing or w/e because they have focus effects is filtering to Spells - Mine rather than to focus effects I just moved mine to a chat box that I keep minimized and off screen.

Also Im never sure when people talk about filters if they mean the Show/Hide options page or filtering via chat boxes.

Ok so you're saying these don't show up under the filter "Focus effects"? (Assuming such a filter exists). Also, if focus effect spam happening for irrelevant spells (for example, healing focus showing after casting a damage spell etc) or is that not a thing?
I logged in and took some screenshots of focus effect/spell spam in case they might help. For reference, I was wearing the following focus effects at the time:
  • Damage Increment
  • Range Increment
  • Mana Conservation
  • Casting Speed Increment
  • Duration Increment
  • Reagent Conservation
  • Affliction Enhancement
  • Companion Strength
  • Control Enhancement
  • Fiery Chaos
  • Jayla's Impact
  • Runes of Eternity
  • Akhevan Hubris
Here is what comes up when I cast a heal spell and nothing else, with regular spell messages in red and focus effect spam in lime green:
Focus%20Effect%20Spam%20Bug%201_zps1mv6d2hq.jpg

Here is what comes up when I cast a nuke on myself and nothing else:
Focus%20Effect%20Spam%20Bug%202_zpseqs5ahds.jpg

For the above screenshots, I removed my wrist gear to avoid clutter. When I put my NZ wrist back in, it became even more cluttered:
Focus%20Effect%20Spam%20Bug%203_zps7jtdcov0.jpg

Given that the NZ wrist has a 100% proc rate, that means every single time I'd cast a nuke, my spell window would be smacked with nine lines of focus effect-related spam. It's already hard enough to keep an eye on what's happening during a round of buffing or during battle, but this kind of spam makes it virtually impossible to keep up with spell messages.

There are two methods for hiding or redirecting text that is supposed to fall under the "Focus Effects" category, both of which are broken. One method is to create a hidden/minimized chat window and right-click on that chat window to direct focus effects there:
Focus%20Effect%20Spam%20Bug%204_zpsddfjsalu.jpg

The preferred method is to simply disable the text altogether in ALT + O > Filters > Focus Effects by choosing to hide them:
Focus%20Effect%20Spam%20Bug%205_zps1vu6m2u0.jpg

Again, both these methods are broken in the current client.

I have no idea what kinds of solutions might be available to you, Rymy, but as a last resort, I don't think a single person would be bent out of shape if you found a way to break focus effect messages altogether so they simply don't render any of this flavor text. Whose bright idea was it all those years ago at Sony to decide players would want to see these messages for every single spellcast anyway? The game is already heavy enough on spam! Besides, their efficacy can be verified on the fly by comparing spellcasts with the focus item equipped vs. unequipped.

Last edited:
In that same chat box filter 6 lines up is Spells - Mine, thats where the focus effect spam filters to right now Grinkles.

Yeah its the "wrong" filter for it but you don't have to live with the focus spam which is nice.

Z5irgdL.png

This guy is what I mean at the top

Last edited:
This is good infoz. I will check this out sometime soon, seems reasonable to have something better than currently exists.

Back
Top Bottom