The 8800 graphics card issue

telove2

Dalayan Beginner
I'm just wondering if you guys know about the bug? There have been a few threads about it, but I haven't seen any of the staff comment, so I thought I would just check that one of you know.

It doesn't bother me because I'm a caster, and the bug mainly only happens when you are meleeing in first person mode. But it annoys some people who have melee characters, so I thought I would check that you know about it. I'm not sure if anything can be done, maybe its down to nVidia.

p.s. Woops, I posted this in the wrong place.

[Moved] - Myth

Thanks Myth, you ninja mover.

I use an 8600gts and I have this problem. i looked for a while for a fix, but have not found one. It does bother me. For the moment I just scroll out a lil bit which takes my just out of first person....But I would really like to not have to do this...

I have this on my warrior using an 8800 GTS, some mobs aren't near as bad as others. Bone Dragons suck >.<

I'm going to look into more of the options tonight and see if I can find out what is causing it.

yea i have the issue on some mobs and mousewheel out and look from 3rd person view. a lot of people dont want to have to do this. I had other issues that i was able to resolve with the driver that was on my cards backup disk. I'll get around to checking its version and all that and post more. I got my 8800ultra from MSI if that helps anyone

I doubt a newer card would resolve the Issue.. my brother has a '4870 x2' from Radeon and he gets the issue as well.. (that card was released in Oct 2008)
(Omega drivers - arguably the best drivers for ATI cards)

I doubt a newer card would resolve the Issue.. my brother has a '4870 x2' from Radeon and he gets the issue as well.. (that card was released in Oct 2008)
(Omega drivers - arguably the best drivers for ATI cards)

I use this card on one of my machines and get no issue. ATI cards are pretty much exempt.

Did you buy it at an OEM that normally uses NVIDEA? Perhaps he is the missing link.

I use this card on one of my machines and get no issue. ATI cards are pretty much exempt.

Did you buy it at an OEM that normally uses NVIDEA? Perhaps he is the missing link.

Hm, are you using Omega drivers? perhaps its a issue with the drivers?

otherwise, I don't know.

Either way, its basically a non-issue for my brother or me, since we both play in 3rd person most of the time.

Wold, do you target rings work on your x2?

I get this problem still, on my 8800GTX. I have tried lots of different drivers, old and new. I have no issues like this in any other game.

Anyone know if there has been a solution since this thread was made?

I get this problem still, on my 8800GTX. I have tried lots of different drivers, old and new. I have no issues like this in any other game.

Anyone know if there has been a solution since this thread was made?

Syrentor has the 8800 series card and has this problem too. He's been looking for a while but has found no fixes. It is a known issue with both SoD and original EQ, and nobody's bothered to come out with a patch fix for it. Sorry there's no good news to be had, I sure wish it wasn't an issue. It makes 1st person melee characters nearly unplayable.

I play with it in first person and its not too bad, /hidecorpse all is very useful, /hidecorpse all is very useful.

I gladly accept the graphic tearing in exchange for target rings :)

from what i can see in 3rd person view, it seems to be a jarble of animations firing off all at once, its not really a graphics glitch that i can see because there is no tearing etc, it just seems like there are being too many animations going on at one time when i am in first person.

this only occurs when i have auto attack on, and is only happening when i am in a downswing of my weapon, when the swing is over the graphics go back to normal.

this also occurs when looting a corpse, but as soon as the corpse looting is over it is fine again, again it looks like too many animations of the character going on at the same time, resulting in a blurb of graphics which looks like a glitch.

i can run around, jump, duck and everything without getting this, the moment i attack or loot a corpse i get the glob of animations firing off all at once.

this also occurs when looking through another players head in 3rd person.

has anyone tried running an older nvidia driver ?

Last edited:
what exactly is the bug you guys are talking about? When I'm attacking in first person view with my melee characters, it looks like i get the view of my character from inside his body and the graphics are all shreaded up as he attacks. i haven't seen any other errors thusfar.. (running dual 8800ultras for reference)

Back
Top Bottom