The Al'Kabor Project Guildname Poll

What should the guildname be?????

• Total voters

Obscenitor

Dalayan Elder
I am making a guild on the Al'Kabor server because the other guilds are probably full of turds. Message me in game if you want an invite. ALSO here is a poll to decide the guild name.

I'm not playing until at least Luclin releases. That shitbox p99 has played out old world and kunark, and while I like velious, I never thought it was all that.

Edit - and no in game maps. wtf.

I think kunark is the height of the game. Velious was cool but it adds a huge grind and starts the trend of super long boss fights with mobs with mega HP. If it were up to me, king of grognards, I would just fight kunark dragons all day.

Veeshan's Peak is also the shit.

I think kunark is the height of the game. Velious was cool but it adds a huge grind and starts the trend of super long boss fights with mobs with mega HP. If it were up to me, king of grognards, I would just fight kunark dragons all day.
My only issue is the no skill zerg will always win. Luclin and PoP actually takes a level of skill and concentration (outside of complete heal chains) for some of the fights. Also, the lack of raid mobs in Kunark has always caused problems (though I guess all new expansions are the same way until Time gets instanced in PoP.) Mega HP VT blobs and events like wrath councel do suck donkey butts...

For me Velious was the height of Everquest. Kunark was amazing, and where group content expanded exponentially. Velious, in turn, did the same to the raid scene. A top geared player in Kunark was strong but mortal, while Velious introduced a whole new level of power and prestige to the hardcore players that made Everquest unique and compelling. TBH, I couldn't care less about EQ live post-Velious. For me, Luclin on felt cheap, auto-generated, and generally void of the life and immersiveness that EQ was known for. They introduced a few good ideas (AAs), but most destroyed the viability of pvp in EQ, which was what most interested me.

For me Velious was the height of Everquest. Kunark was amazing, and where group content expanded exponentially. Velious, in turn, did the same to the raid scene. A top geared player in Kunark was strong but mortal, while Velious introduced a whole new level of power and prestige to the hardcore players that made Everquest unique and compelling. TBH, I couldn't care less about EQ live post-Velious. For me, Luclin on felt cheap, auto-generated, and generally void of the life and immersiveness that EQ was known for. They introduced a few good ideas (AAs), but most destroyed the viability of pvp in EQ, which was what most interested me.

Talk is cheap, vote in my poll or be a jerk!!!

Since most of the guild names seem like inside joke material, I went with Fair-weather friends. Pretty appropriate for the casual and often temporary relationships of convenience that exist in an mmo guild.

I'm on the same thought process as you Zaos. Velious to me was super uber for a long time. PoP was the only thing that beat it out, but I don't wanna talk about that.

Velious is when I changed my main, an Enchanter, to a Mage. And I freaking LOVED it. By the time Velious was released, Enchanters were pure crap. Charm was so nerfed it was worthless to play....

I used to charm the Warrior guild master in Freeport, buff em, and have them murder EVERYTHING. Zone was right there....and I never died. Ahhhh the good ol' days.

EDIT:

The charm thing I got from the original maker of Allakhazam website.....for the life of me I for got the name of his dark elf enchanter.

I had JBoots on my Mage at a ridiculously low level....thanks to my Enchanter charming the Ancient Cyclops and a wiz friend. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAH! Charm was the highlight of the game for me.

EARLY release when I was level....16. Ya...something like that. I had a friend pull Ambassador D'Vinn to zone with Crush following. I charmed D'Vinn and had him murder crush, and all the Orcs in the castle. He was dual wielding daggers at the time. Good ol' Quickness made D'Vinn a god of the zone.

You should make the Ginyu Force

ginyu-force.png

I always thought Fair Weather Friends was a hugely appropriate and witty guild name, and one of the best I've ever seen.

It also has a huge nostalgia factor for me.

Wish I had the time to start another character and hang out, but I've got too many other things going on at the moment to start a new MMO addiction without messing up other things in life. Maybe when I get my job situation figured out and stable I'll check in, but right now I'm just struggling to pay rent/bills.

GL HF! Miss slaying dragons with you bro!

Back
Top Bottom